• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, bought the Lost in Translation one. So much for not buying anything until NYCC :D

That Mark Englert TMNT one makes me smile while at the same time making 5 year old me very very angry.

No problem. Your going to NYCC, ill be there. Anybody else going?

Randy Ortiz could probably do a killer Silent Hill piece. Or other horror type game...

Posting this again, because I can't believe how good an idea I had:

942861_596880147002789_1541922309_n.jpg
IntronautR11_905.jpg
grr7b.jpg
984211_612064245484379_2054619611_n.jpg
RandyOrtizLordNecronom.jpg
965729_363204223780981_1062977058_o.jpg
walkR5.jpg

Irnbru

Thanks, bought the Lost in Translation one. So much for not buying anything until NYCC :D

That Mark Englert TMNT one makes me smile while at the same time making 5 year old me very very angry.

Did any of them sell out? So pissed I missed this ><

Sushigod7

I don't think so. There should be another online sale tomorrow morning, assuming none sell out tonight, but the editions are pretty large so I think you'll be safe.

Yup any left overs go up tomorrow at noon eastern time. I assume most will be available since they aren't' limited screen prints but who knows. Some really cool stuff just no budget for prints for me.

Fletcher

I don't think so. There should be another online sale tomorrow morning, assuming none sell out tonight, but the editions are pretty large so I think you'll be safe.

How much were they selling for?

While I am totally down with checking on Ortiz as the artist, I'm not really a huge fan of the Silent Hill games. I would prefer a Symphony of the Night print.

Trasher

It's going to be really hard to settle on one thing with everyone here haha.

Maybe a list should be made of subject material (gaming only?). Probably vote it down to a top three or two and then randomly choose one of those.

Maybe a list should be made of subject material (gaming only?). Probably vote it down to a top three or two and then randomly choose one of those.

Nice try Trasher but I am officially disqualifying this as a video game.

Game_of_Thrones_RPG.jpg

Sushigod7

Let's go dudebro everyone loves COD right!! RIGHT FIST BUMP!!! Kidding of course but we should narrow things down a bit before we start shopping artists. Maybe certain genre's we can agree on RPG, Adventure, Nintendo?

edit: I can't believe you guys already eliminated GOT, damnit

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think everyone would be generally okay with Metal Gear.

System Shock 2 would be pretty sweet. Just sayin'!

Trasher

Star Wars, Zelda, Mario, Halo (personal preference haha), Metroid.

OR

Just make it simple: Tyle Stout Super Smash Bros!

Sushigod7

Indeed, but hey I'd pay BIG BUCKS for something like that (Stout Metal Gear)

Same here we have 24 names on the list if everyone threw in what 150 to 200? We might be in business I know I would do that in a heart beat might go a few bucks more if we had to.

edit: I sent a email to Stout about a commission piece I guess fingers crossed. Hey we don't know till we ask what's the worst that could happen.

Hey guys I've noticed some groups pool together and commission prints would anyone be interested in doing something like that? Durieux did the US to Europe Air print for a Facebook group which is a awesome print. I think we have plenty of people here who would throw in for a print right? Anyone else interested?

Denis Dyack portrait by Mike Mitchell. GAF logo in corner.

EDIT: And sushi, I'd totally throw in.

lupinko

Same here we have 24 names on the list if everyone threw in what 150 to 200? We might be in business I know I would do that in a heart beat might go a few bucks more if we had to.

edit: I sent a email to Stout about a commission piece I guess fingers crossed. Hey we don't know till we ask what's the worst that could happen.

Stout Metal Gear I would throw lots of monies for, even better because there would be no fear of flippers.

Sushigod7

Does anyone know the legalities as far as fan art goes? I mean it's a private commission we should be able to request whatever people do it all the time on Deviantart etc. I guess it's just finding the artist to do it. Hell I'll buy a extra copy and ship it to Kojima.

I know it's ridiculous and they probably won't even respond but I had to.

Realistically, it's probably a good idea to take Stout, Moss, Taylor, Riviera and Ansin off the list immediately. Unless you have a friend that's a good friend of theirs, most like you'll get a no or a no-reply. Other artists that are also comic book artists such as Jock, Francavilla, etc. are usually really busy as well, so even if they'd like to do it, they'd probably have to turn you down because there's not enough time in the day.

How about artists that are from the gaming industry that usually don't do prints? jstevenson probably knows quite a few.

Sushigod7

Realistically, it's probably a good idea to take Stout, Moss, Taylor, Riviera and Ansin off the list immediately. Unless you have a friend that's a good friend of theirs, most like you'll get a no or a no-reply. Other artists that are also comic book artists such as Jock, Francavilla, etc. are usually really busy as well, so even if they'd like to do it, they'd probably have to turn you down because there's not enough time in the day.

How about artists that are from the gaming industry that usually don't do prints? jstevenson probably knows quite a few.

Yes yes suggestions please! Hey a Perillo Metal Gear maybe?

I like the idea of industry artists, but Olly posts here right - so it might at least be worth asking?

rinemy

Banned
dang, just signed up for Alexander Iccarino's Art Subscription for $175
Includes 6 prints + 1 variant/GID/metal

First print is his sold out Evangelion
evangelion_iaccarino_web_large.jpg

Second print is being teased currently, I don't think it needs any introduction among anime fans. And they should be available from regular drops but seeing as how Evangelion costs $70 alone its pretty worth it for a sub.

600722_10151691027583615_1189714501_n.jpg

293007_10151669175383615_895185741_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom