• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

dang, just signed up for Alexander Iccarino's Art Subscription for $175
Includes 6 prints + 1 variant/GID/metal

First print is his sold out Evangelion
evangelion_iaccarino_web_large.jpg

Second print is being teased currently, I don't think it needs any introduction among anime fans. And they should be available from regular drops but seeing as how Evangelion costs $70 alone its pretty worth it for a sub.

600722_10151691027583615_1189714501_n.jpg

293007_10151669175383615_895185741_n.jpg

Wow that's a pretty good deal I was debating on getting that eva print I like it his Akira one too pretty detailed. Might have to sign up as well. Thanks for the tip

J-Man

dang, just signed up for Alexander Iccarino's Art Subscription for $175
Includes 6 prints + 1 variant/GID/metal

Where did you sign up for that? I did a quick google search and didn't see where it was. (Sorry if it has already been posted in this thread).

sice337

Neo Member
marko manev's xmen piece is going up tomorrow at bottleneck gallery at 12pm eastern... @BottleneckNYC will release the latest installment in the Noir series - "Mutants"! pic.twitter.com/C2iAztFhIH

Trasher

Apparently I missed meeting Drew Wise at the 8bit show. My roommate said he heard people talking about his pieces and then some guy said "oh yeah those are mine" haha. That was before I got to the show though. I wanted to personally thank him for my GoT shirt!

Meier

Apparently I missed meeting Drew Wise at the 8bit show. My roommate said he heard people talking about his pieces and then some guy said "oh yeah those are mine" haha. That was before I got to the show though. I wanted to personally thank him for my GoT shirt!

Drew is a longtime GAFfer and super nice. I bet he lives out there in Cali.. probably won't be your last chance. :)

6/11/2013:

The Black Beetle by Francesco Francavilla

a4b34795a73717773dff03ef_533x800.jpg

Poster by Francesco Francavilla. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $55

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Black Beetle Variant Edition by Francesco Francavilla

8c058d9edabb9d79b8a7b7d2_533x800.jpg

Poster by Francesco Francavilla. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 110. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

kaskade

Ansin does it again. That superman poster is beautiful. Nice that it's a timed edition. I don't have to stress over it now.

Sushigod7

This awesome Laurent Durieux piece showed up today. I bought 2nd hand since I was not part of this Facebook group when it was commissioned. It's for my Dad his Father's Day/Birthday present, he was in the Air Force and still loves planes so thought this was perfect. Wish I could get another for myself but I'll settle for visiting this one at my parents house. This thing is bad ass in person my iphone pic does no justice.

I_Am_CC

That Ansin is just gorgeous. I wish I cared just one bit about that movie or Superman in general so i could justify buying it. Still don't have myself any Ansin prints which makes the decision of passing it up hard.

EDIT: Just got a shipping notice from Mondo for There Will Be Blood. Most excellent.

Sushigod7

I'm pretty surprised by the aftermarket prices on that Taylor print. Not feeling it at all, and I usually dig his stuff.

I was going to try for the variant but didn't even get to wasn't at the computer. I think it's a nostalgia thing what kid hasn't tied a shirt or towel around their neck and played superman. Back in the Christopher Reeve days Superman was my favorite comic character.

UP NOW:

Man of Steel by Martin Ansin

13fd473ffa810a7c8054c926_533x800.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition TBD. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12

UP LATER on 6/14/2014:

Man of Steel Steel Variant Edition by Martin Ansin

2bb08ae5a54dad5072d50d2d_533x800.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 130. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $300

I'm hesitant.

For:
- It's gorgeous
- I probably won't ever get anything besides timed drops
- It's fucking gorgeous

Con:
- It's a Snyder movie, i.e. as far as I'm concerned one of the lowest forms of cinema imaginable

I'm hesitant.

For:
- It's gorgeous
- I probably won't ever get anything besides timed drops
- It's fucking gorgeous

Con:
- It's a Snyder movie, i.e. as far as I'm concerned one of the lowest forms of cinema imaginable

Dawn of the Dead is good. THe rest of his films are beautiful, but thats about it

lupinko

Dawn of the Dead is good. THe rest of his films are beautiful, but thats about it

I thought 300 was a lot of fun, and Watchmen Complete Cut or whatever was very ambitious imo.

Regardless of the reviews so far, I still have some hype for MoS, since I'm seeing it tonight on IMAX 3D. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom