• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

I thought 300 was a lot of fun, and Watchmen Complete Cut or whatever was very ambitious imo.

Regardless of the reviews so far, I still have some hype for MoS, since I'm seeing it tonight on IMAX 3D. :D

300 did pretty much stick to the comic and was enjoyable. Sucker Punch could have been so much better it was so disappointing.

lupinko

Don't remind me about Sucker Punch, that was the only other movie I was dragged to by friends that I thought was utterly horrible, the other being M. Night Shyamalalananananan's Last Airbender.

rinemy

Banned
I decided I was ok with a paper copy. With a metal it would be cool to have around but I would sell it eventually and shipping would probably have been a pain in the ass.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
From what I understand the movie is phenomenal but there is a lot of religiously symbolical moments

Going from the multiple threads here, it's going to be a love it or hate it situation.

Picked up the regular edition just because I don't have an Ansin but I knew I wasn't going to try for the metal version.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
lol you're joking right?

Nope. I had been F5ing on the laptop all freaking morning but had to leave to deal org a couple things. Wife was driving me and I kept F5-in on phone and it dropped just wrote I got to the location we were headed that has terrible reception.

Fortunately LTE is pretty fast :)

rinemy

Banned
I actually did a Paypal checkout for my timed superman edition XD yeah it sucks it spends extra time sending a PayPal invoice for your total so you got that extra step as well as your Paypal login step.

Definitely not a great method to use on an actual drop

6/27/2013:

Game & Print Club Print #7: December 28th, 1979 by Elia Fernández

Game_and_Print_Club_Release_Number_7_--_December_28th__1979forweb.jpg

Game & Print Series. Print #7.

Pre-Requisite: You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least Own at least 1 Cing developed title (i.e. Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk, Little King's Story, etc.)
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.

(If you've provided proof via option B or C before you do not need to do it again. If you're eligible for print #3 you're automatically eligible for this one as well.)

Size: 8"x10"

Printing Technique: Giclee

Paper: Textured Water Color Paper, Epson Cold Press Bright White - 340 gsm, 19 mil - archival

Printed by: Giclee Today

Edition Size: Timed, hand-numbered, limited edition. TBD. hand-Embossed.

*This is a pre-order. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.*

Sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date on our releases: http://eepurl.com/uRZJf

How to buy online: https://www.facebook.com/gameandprint on 6/27/2013 from 12 AM Pacific - 6/30/2013 at 11:59 PM Pacific.

I went to see Man of Steel last night and loved it! I actually was distracted for a few minutes during the movie because I was trying to order the Ansin poster before the deadline was up, lol. I personally loved the movie and will be proud to have the print handing in my home.

OK so back when we were talking about a commissioned piece I sent an exploratory email to Randy Ortiz about it and here is his reply:

Hey Dylan. Very sorry for the late reply! Work is crazy busy right now, so I'm just getting around to some of my emails.
I do take commissions, but private ones like this can cost around $2000-4000, more or less. Lemme know if you're still interested and what you had in mind exactly. I'd love to do a video game inspired piece, I never have before which is weird since I used to be a huge gamer!
Cheers

Sushigod7

OK so back when we were talking about a commissioned piece I sent an exploratory email to Randy Ortiz about it and here is his reply:

Wow nice I've got 25 on the list so not a bad deal, I don't know how it works either as far as commission fee printing fee etc. Randy seemed really nice to reply maybe he can help us out.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Mockingbird or jstevenson can probably illuminate this more but 2-4k sounds about right for the cost of an illustration.

yes, that's about right for artist fee for someone of Randy's caliber. won't include printing it or shipping it though.

that said though, pretty hot Randy is into it

Wow, didn't think someone of Randy's caliber would be interested! I'm very excited for this to get off the ground. My top game choices would be metal gear, silent hill or maybe metroid.

Trasher

My two cents is to do a classic franchise. I know Randy would be perfect for a horror type game, but I'd rather have something more retro/classic.

IronRinn

Dude said he was a big gamer. Might be worth it to see what games he would be interested in doing.

Also, I feel like we should be able to get a few more GAF-ers on that list to spread out the cost.

Trasher

Dude said he was a big gamer. Might be worth it to see what games he would be interested in doing.

Also, I feel like we should be able to get a few more GAF-ers on that list to spread out the cost.

Yeah maybe Lister should ask Randy if he has any preferences, and then we can try to collectively decide on one. Probably best to get the subject material chosen now, and then you can look at seeing who is actually interested. I'm sure a lot of people will need to know what the print will be first before they sign on to anything.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
edit: ^ HNNGGGGGG

We could probably get a thread going on the gaming side once we get the list of games narrowed down. It'd definitely help in getting more people on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom