• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good on both counts. I sent EviLore a PM to make sure he is cool with this, so top 5 ideas for me are in no particular order except for Metal Gear I really want to see that done.

1. Metal Gear
2. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls
3. Metroid
4. Final Fantasy
5. Western Theme (Gunsmoke NES, Red Dead Redemption/Revolver)

Those are good choices. I'd throw in:

1. Earthbound (maybe Mr. Saturn or something)
2. Chrono Trigger (a cast illustration would be mind blowing)

rinemy

Banned
Sounds good on both counts. I sent EviLore a PM to make sure he is cool with this, so top 5 ideas for me are in no particular order except for Metal Gear I really want to see that done.

1. Metal Gear
3. Metroid
4. Final Fantasy
5. Western Theme (Gunsmoke NES, Red Dead Redemption/Revolver)

I'm down for the same except for Demon Souls. I haven't played it yet but I just see the game as a generic guy in armor with no way to differentiate him from another guy in armor. Sorry if anyone takes offense to that.

I also am up for Mirror's Edge and Okami as well.

Salamando

Those are good choices. I'd throw in:

1. Earthbound (maybe Mr. Saturn or something)
2. Chrono Trigger (a cast illustration would be mind blowing)

I could get behind those. Other main choices would be (in no order)
1. Metal Gear
2. Okami
3. Metroid
4. Final Fantasy
5. Valkyria Chronicles

Sigma722

Re: commissions. What would you want?

Pretty much choked on my gasp.

I like Sushigod's suggestion, except for #5..

1. Earthbound
3. Metroid (like i suggested before, in the style of mario/zelda would be sweet :) )
4. Final Fantasy (vii or ix prefferably)
5. Metal Gear

Kerrinck

As I said before, anything would be fine by me. Exception would probably be racing/sports franchise games.

As for a top 5:
Shenmue
Final Fantasy
Street Fighter
Bioshock
Metroid

omgkitty

As I said before, anything would be fine by me. Exception would probably be racing/sports franchise games.

As for a top 5:
Shenmue
Final Fantasy
Street Fighter
Bioshock
Metroid

After seeing what Olly did with this:

Olly-Moss-Atari-Skiing.jpg

I actually think it would be cool to see what Olly could do with something like a racing game.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
That's cool what I have done on a few screen prints is buy frames that you can change out the backing on a lot of mine have those little tabs that are attached to the frame if you know what I mean. That way I could put acid free backing behind on my own, a large sheet of it is only 8 dollars. You can save a little that way too.

Hey, man, where do you buy sheets? Wafflecakes asked on the previous page but I'm also in need.

Kalren

I'm going to throw my picks in the ring

1. Metal Gear Solid
3. Final Fantasy (XII preferably!))
4. Dragon Warrior
5. RDR

and for special consideration... Phantasy Star (original SMS version)

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Batman could cover games and comics. That's a solid intersection of things I am really into and would like to see in art print form!

Jaspar

Neo Member
For my first post, I'd like to vote for the following:

1. Bioshock
2. Portal
3. Theme Hospital
4. Carmageddon
5. Dungeon Keeper

P.S. Hello!

IronRinn

Here are mine in no particular order (at least right now, five minutes from now they will all probably change):

Metroid
Bioshock
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Portal
Jet Set Radio Future

I'm with others in this thread though, something he hasn't done yet would be great. Also, Metal Gear is terrible. I realize I am in the minority here. I'll show myself out.

Edit: They already changed!

sice337

Neo Member
my top 5:
1)Bioshock (rapture columbia mashup would be awesome)
2)Red Dead Redemption
3)Uncharted
4)resident evil (original game)
5)zelda (the print olly already did for this was stunning)

honorable mention
6)The last of us

Jhriad

ok guys, no more voting until Olly talks to us about what he's thinking and/or wants to do.

Aww. That's what I get for going to lunch and not posting my list before I leave.

If I joined up how much would my share of the contribution be for the commission? Since I can't ever seem to get limited run prints without resorting to eBay prices I'm intrigued by this proposition.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Aww. That's what I get for going to lunch and not posting my list before I leave.

If I joined up how much would my share of the contribution be for the commission? Since I can't ever seem to get limited run prints without resorting to eBay prices I'm intrigued by this proposition.

It really depends on the final price.

However, for the sake of numbers, if we were to go by Sushi's last headcount+1, we'd be at 25 people. If we used the price that Ortiz quoted, it could range anywhere from $80 per person to $160 per person. That's the bare minimum pricing, as it doesn't include printing or shipping.

At the same time though, the price is easily justified if you compare it to prints on Ebay, since the edition size is really low.

Jhriad

Hrm. The upper end of that is outside of what I'd like to spend sight unseen. Especially if it's that plus printing & shipping not to mention getting it nicely framed. Guess I'll just keep my eyes on the thread and see what develops.

Depends on what Olly will charge us and how many people we end up with in the end. Getting more Gaffers on board will be easy. Getting 50 is guaranteed, practically.

suplex

Top 5

Street Fighter
Twisted Metal 2
Samurai Shodown
Sam N Max
Crimson Skies

Bioshock MGS or Metroid would be awesome though.

Having too much input coming from all over the place makes things really confusing. I think we should leave it up to Sushigod7 & jstevenson to be in charge and present things to Olly. Sushigod7 cause he started the commission and jstevenson because he has a solid rep on this forum and has worked with Olly in the past.

There's already plenty of suggestions. We can tally up the most popular ones from the ones gathered thus far.

Moss

I'm not even sure I have time to do anything (I probably don't), but I just wanted to see if there was one particular thing you guys might be into.

omgkitty

I think it's fairly obvious MGS is the clear favorite here. Also, did Olly even say anything else besides the one post he made?

Having too much input coming from all over the place makes things really confusing. I think we should leave it up to Sushigod7 & jstevenson to be in charge and present things to Olly. Sushigod7 cause he started the commission and jstevenson because he has a solid rep on this forum and has worked with Olly in the past.

There's already plenty of suggestions. We can tally up the most popular ones from the ones gathered thus far.

Agreed.

But also: Sunset Riders.

Seriously if Olly is able to do it, I'll buy it regardless of the subject, so I think if he wants to do literally anything listed so far, and is available and willing, those are the most important things we'd need to work out.

EDIT: Yeah it looks like we may have all been a little to eager when Olly dropped in :).

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm not even sure I have time to do anything (I probably don't), but I just wanted to see if there was one particular thing you guys might be into.

Metal Gear would certainly be the fave. But I think the majority of us would be most into getting something YOU really would want to do, and by commissioning it, helping to enable you being able to put it on your schedule.

I'm happy to help facilitate however (corralling folks, coordinating with printers, dealing with getting addresses etc, handling the shipping) or whatever though to make it as easy as possible.

Metal Gear would certainly be the fave. But I think the majority of us would be most into getting something YOU really would want to do, and by commissioning it, helping to enable you being able to put it on your schedule.

I'm happy to help facilitate however (corralling folks, coordinating with printers, dealing with getting addresses etc, handling the shipping) or whatever though to make it as easy as possible.

Maybe a good route to go would be you two taking it to PM with you keeping the thread updated? That way we can move on from everyone posting game lists.

Trasher

Maybe a good route to go would be you two taking it to PM with you keeping the thread updated? That way we can move on from everyone posting game lists.

This.

Let stevenson be our voice!

I'm kinda keen to do MGS properly.

Haha I was just being sarcastic and part selfish. Do whatever you want/think is best. That's my opinion on this. I'm all in on this to support it no matter what the subject material is though (if you can magically find time to fit it in of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom