• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

Here's the link to what's left for the HCG show. http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/collections/bleedingmetallics?page=1

I got myself a few.

metal_link_final_large.jpg

TChing-Longclaw_2_large.png

Lone_large.jpeg

Coolest part was being able to go to the show and get this:
czGwIuO.png

Hey now what are those Drake Akira's, metallic post cards? I'm also on the fence about that Link I like the design how is it in person?

Trasher

Hey now what are those Drake Akira's, metallic post cards? I'm also on the fence about that Link I like the design how is it in person?

Yeah, I forget the exact dimensions, but it's about that size. It's literally a mini version of the actual print, but on this sweet aluminum/metallic paper. Looks better than the actual full sized metal version haha.

Pretty much everything that is on metallic paper looks a whole lot better in person.

Oh my. Have any plans selling one?

Btw, awesome pick ups. That Link is something else too

I don't actually have all of those. That's just a picture I bummed off of the article about the show on Collider. The first 50 people to purchase something at the show last night got one for free. Pretty cool gesture. It's a good companion to my full sized print. :)

Trasher

Thanks for the heads up, I was able to get one of these. I can't wait to see how the metallic silver paper looks in person.
hancock_exterminateallhumans_b_large.jpeg

Those all sold out pretty quick, and then the artist put an extra ten of that red version up just within the last hour I think. Good snag! The other one looked great in person.

I'm still on the fence on whether to grab this Iron Giant piece. It was one of my favorites in person.
The_Iron_Giant_Hero_new_v2_large.jpg

Sushigod7

I like this one it's sold out though

iblLkTBYVlIDfx.jpg

I can't believe I missed that red variant Bender one as well. Very nice pick up!

So is the Link print just metallic on the shield or is the green shiny as well?

Trasher

I like this one it's sold out though

iblLkTBYVlIDfx.jpg

I can't believe I missed that red variant Bender one as well. Very nice pick up!

So is the Link print just metallic on the shield or is the green shiny as well?

There were only 5 of those Iron Giant ones at the show, and then the artist got 10 PPs (printer proofs?) to put up for the online sale today. I don't think he was planning on so many people liking it so much haha.

I honestly can't remember about the Link. I'm fairly certain it was printed on metallic paper. I'll let you know when I pick it up.

Sushigod7

There were only 5 of those Iron Giant ones at the show, and then the artist got 10 PPs (printer proofs?) to put up for the online sale today. I don't think he was planning on so many people liking it so much haha.

I honestly can't remember about the Link. I'm fairly certain it was printed on metallic paper. I'll let you know when I pick it up.

Bummer the artist didn't have more looks amazing, so does the one your looking at. I love the movie but have to restrain myself, I feel pretty good I haven't bought anything yet except Bii's Dark Souls Moss which was a huge ISO for me. (Thanks again!!) I think I might hold off on the Dragon piece from this show, Justin Gerard is having a Hobbit show in December at Nucleus and I expect to love his work even though it isn't a screen print. I don't know just to many goodies not enough budget for them all.

Nice, looks like the Olly Blindbox Heroes are shipping out now. I know it was mentioned, but is there going to be a trading thread for them on here, or is it all going to be kept in this thread?

Meier

Nice, looks like the Olly Blindbox Heroes are shipping out now. I know it was mentioned, but is there going to be a trading thread for them on here, or is it all going to be kept in this thread?

I know Mockingbird put up a thread in gaming.. may be a wider range to trade with in that thread, but I'm sure there will be discussion in both places. No reason for another new thread though.

LaneDS

I know Mockingbird put up a thread in gaming.. may be a wider range to trade with in that thread, but I'm sure there will be discussion in both places. No reason for another new thread though.

I agree, this thread and the other should be plenty (plus we have a trading thread on GAF too).

Excited! Hope they arrive this week. Looking for two good heroes to frame alongside the Dark Souls and SotC prints.

LaneDS

Probably would have bought a Spirited Away if it was still in stock, but alas.

Dumb question: I've been in this thread for a while now and have no idea what an AP is, what's an AP?

IronRinn

Dumb question: I've been in this thread for a while now and have no idea what an AP is, what's an AP?

Keep trying to add to your cart. Bigcartel prints aren't sold out until the button says sold out. People can just hold them in their carts.

Edit: Also, AP stands for Artist's Proof.

Edit 2: Now it's sold out.

Sigma722

Artist proof.

Traditionally it is a set from the run that is hand picked by the artist as being the best. It is labeled AP and is a smaller run. So more rare, kinda.

Nowadays, it is typically a set of the print that went to the artist that they number smaller and generally is signed (unless it is ansin).

EDIT
Olly APs are up

Technically speaking, these aren't APs, as they are numbered out of the regular run, but in this case the money actually goes to Olly.

I clarified with Olly to see if there won't be any APs, and he said there was a mixup, and there won't be APs.

rinemy

Banned
So Olly kept 35 for himself, meaning only 240 were available from Mondo.
If anyone got one that's great price for a Variant.

I'm guessing there might be some AP's for the english edition in the near future.

Sigma722

I'm guessing there might be some AP's for the english edition in the near future.

Olly says they haven't shipped to him, so I imagine it will still be at least a week. If we apply normal mondo shipping to it... it'll be in a month :)

No word on if the regs will actually be APs or not.

Meier

Fuck! I'm just walking back from lunch.

Shouldn't have turned off text notifications for his tweets..doubt it would have made a difference though. Sigh.

I think Olly had 50 for himself. If I'm not mistaken, originally it was advertised as an edition of 225. Then when comic-con came along it was suddenly 275. Someone accidentally numbered the AP editions as part of the regular run, I think.

LaneDS

Keep trying to add to your cart. Bigcartel prints aren't sold out until the button says sold out. People can just hold them in their carts.

Edit: Also, AP stands for Artist's Proof.

Edit 2: Now it's sold out.

Aw dang, was called away for work, but honestly I've spent waaaay too much on prints the last couple of months so that was probably for the best (haven't even framed things yet, so ugh to that).

Good to know for future's though, once I allow myself to buy prints again without guilt!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I think Olly had 50 for himself. If I'm not mistaken, originally it was advertised as an edition of 225. Then when comic-con came along it was suddenly 275. Someone accidentally numbered the AP editions as part of the regular run, I think.

Mondo might get some of the APs as well too. never know

LaneDS

How do folks plan on framing their 5x5 Moss heroes/villains prints? Looking for ideas since I'll be visiting a local frame shop sometime this week or next.

Edit: Looks good Bii! Thanks for the link.

8/6/2013:

Conan the Barbarian by Martin Ansin

60d84c4c2e35ed6024b8b1ab_533x355.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Martin Ansin. Edition of 450. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

The Dark Tower by Drew Struzan

197ff68e5956b937ec78b07a_298x533.jpg

Poster by Drew Struzan. 20"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by Drew Struzan. Edition of 450. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $275

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

King Kong by William Stout

07515f29134be62b320bc56c_533x800.jpg

Poster by William Stout. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Signed by William Stout. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Sushigod7

Wow at that Dark Tower price was that how much it was at SDCC? I mean it's beautiful but I can't spend that. I do like Conan though!!

teeg

Meier

Ikea sells some 5x5 frames.. here is how my Squirtle looked. I saw someone on Instagram maybe who really did it big with custom mattes that matched the Pokemon's color, etc. and my god it looked stunning but obviously that would probably cost at least $50-$75 a piece for the framing. This was like $10 or something. :p

fac79bd4b3fe11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

LaneDS

Liking all the framed Pokemon pictures!

Going to try to find the one Meier mentioned with the custom colored matte, although it'll be hard to say no to $10 per.

Since we're almost at the end of the page I won't feel bad about posting 10000 pictures:

ZdOtaQm.jpg

mTZtkQb.jpg

94dd109.jpg

It's seriously really impressive.

JYTDLPu.jpg

Up6rQhx.jpg

6mxCvVi.jpg

The printing quality is seriously 1000x better than the Moss TKDR. Any quality concerns I had are completely erased.
PZ8m1mu.jpg

Can you imagine type this small on the Moss TDKR?
Zu40rbh.jpg

kaskade

Since we're almost at the end of the page I won't feel bad about posting 10000 pictures:

ZdOtaQm.jpg

mTZtkQb.jpg

94dd109.jpg

It's seriously really impressive.

JYTDLPu.jpg

Up6rQhx.jpg

6mxCvVi.jpg

The printing quality is seriously 1000x better than the Moss TKDR. Any quality concerns I had are completely erased.
PZ8m1mu.jpg

Can you imagine type this small on the Moss TDKR?
Zu40rbh.jpg

Nice, mine didn't ship yet. That thing is really damn nice though. Ansin is one of my favorites. I've pretty might loved everything he's put out. I currently have Iron Man and Looper up. Might put Superman in my basement though. The colors go nicely.

Sushigod7

Can you explain the layering process on this, there is a blue square then the print then the large mat over both of them correct?

Yup pretty much the color mat has a slightly smaller cut and the top mat is larger to allow it to show through. The only trick is finding a frame deep enough to accommodate both mats and acid free backing. Might take a little searching.

shas'la

Yup pretty much the color mat has a slightly smaller cut and the top mat is larger to allow it to show through. The only trick is finding a frame deep enough to accommodate both mats and acid free backing. Might take a little searching.

Its that yellow-white fade on the top mat that just kills it, wouldn't know where to find anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom