• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone get a shipping notification for their Moss heroes yet? I don't think I've seen them pop up in this thread yet and I got the we are shipping them email a week ago. Not really in any rush, just curious.

My Ansin superman hasn't shipped yet either. I really want to see that bad boy in person.

Looks great, def worth the wait. Ansin killed it like usual

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Anyone get a shipping notification for their Moss heroes yet? I don't think I've seen them pop up in this thread yet and I got the we are shipping them email a week ago. Not really in any rush, just curious.

My Ansin superman hasn't shipped yet either. I really want to see that bad boy in person.

I don't think any of the Moss Heroes have shipped yet.

Ansin Superman wave 2 is like next week, and wave 3 is the week after, according to mondo's blog

Salamando

I don't think any of the Moss Heroes have shipped yet.

I sent the people printing/shipping the Heroes stuff a quick email. The response

Olly jumped the gun a little in saying the prints were ready to ship. We had them all printed but they still needed to be numbered, sleeved and packed, which takes considerable time with 6400 prints. We are hoping to start shipping them this week and you'll get an email with the tracking number to this address.

Meier

For those who missed the tweet, Olly put up an email list for info on his prints. Not sure what this will entail but definitely worth signing up for! http://www.ollymoss.com/Mailing-List. He also put up a link to include your contact info if you want in on his 8-bit plates:
8-BIT WILLOW PLATES

I will be making a small run of these bone china plates. Please leave your email in the box below if you're interested in purchasing and I'll send you details as soon as possible.
plates2.jpg

http://www.ollymoss.co.uk/plates/

IronRinn

On sale tomorrow, August 13th on Mondo, all the Hitchcocks:

881b96886e0512baca01afc9_533x800.jpg

Poster by Tomer Hanuka. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 290. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

c685eba2acd8b922f5ab8b86_533x800.jpg

Poster by Ghoulish Gary Pullin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 240. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

21d2d8a03d42ffe577306e26_533x780.jpg

Poster by Ghoulish Gary Pullin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 240. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Really digging the Hanuka.

LaneDS

Ah, confirmation of the 6400 number.

That means around 53-54 Tingles and a little over 100 Aeriths.

So a little over 153-154 prints out of 6400 that I hope I don't get!

Edit: jstevenson now the top of my list if I do get blessed with either print for trade options!

I'm wondering what color frame I should get for my Shiniest in the Verse print.

I'm leaning towards something a bit copper-ish.

I've been leaning between these frames;

I'm sort of partial to the last one that mimics bamboo, sort of feels it goes with Firefly due to the heavy Asian influence in the Firefly universe.

Sushigod7

hahaha. if you do, let me know and I'll trade you any of the others (and multiples of them, and even most of the villains) for them

If I get an Aerith it's all yours as I said before. Tingle I'm not sure yet I'd like to make a set of Zelda and Metal Gear.

I'm wondering what color frame I should get for my Shiniest in the Verse print.

I'm leaning towards something a bit copper-ish.

I've been leaning between these frames;

I'm sort of partial to the last one that mimics bamboo, sort of feels it goes with Firefly due to the heavy Asian influence in the Firefly universe.

IMO I'd go with your first option lends itself to space and the ship etc. The bamboo I think you would regret down the road.

IMO I'd go with your first option lends itself to space and the ship etc. The bamboo I think you would regret down the road.

Yeah plus the metallic frames are a bit cheaper haha.

Though I sort of like the tangerine and the yellow one, a bit more than the light copper.

I think I'll get the samples for each and see how they look next to the print.

Sushigod7

Yeah plus the metallic frames are a bit cheaper haha.

Though I sort of like the tangerine and the yellow one, a bit more than the light copper.

I think I'll get the samples for each and see how they look next to the print.

Since the print is already metallic might be to much shiny? Good idea on the samples you could go with a nice dark/light wood since the show is sort of western themed.

Sushigod7

Look what showed up! iPhone photos incoming. Also pretty nice that the artist contacted me to make sure it wasn't damaged.

NICE Looks good!

I'd like to put myself in line behind jstevenson for anyone's extra Aerith :) assuming I don't get one myself.

Noted my friend, two if us are willing to give them up if we get them. Hell I'm willing to trade everything but Link and the two snakes. I can only dream Tingle will choose me.

LaneDS

Noted my friend, two if us are willing to give them up if we get them. Hell I'm willing to trade everything but Link and the two snakes. I can only dream Tingle will choose me.

Yep, happy to trade either if I get that, uh, we'll say "lucky" for either.

Hoping for Fox, Ellie & Joel and Ico & Yorda the most. There are a few others that I'd like slightly less. Would like two heroes to frame with the colossus and black knight.

8/15/2013:

Devastator by Laurent Durieux

devastator-reg-fb.jpg

Limited Edition Licensed Screenprint

24x36 - 8 color screen print

Paper: Domtar Lynx Opaque 100lb

Run Size: 184

Markings: Numbered

Printed by D&L Screenprinting – Seattle WA

Produced by Acidfree Gallery

Officially Licensed by Hasbro, Inc. $65

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/transformers/ @ 12:30 PM EST

Devastator Variant Edition by Laurent Durieux

devastator-var-fb.jpg

DEVASTATOR (variant colors) by Laurent Durieux - $80.00

Limited Edition Licensed Screenprint

24x36 - 8 color screen print with Metallic Inks

Paper: Domtar Lynx Opaque 100lb

Run Size: 84

Markings: Numbered

Printed by D&L Screenprinting – Seattle WA

Produced by Acidfree Gallery

Officially Licensed by Hasbro, Inc. $80.

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/transformers/ @ 12:30 PM EST

IronRinn

file.php

Looks like Mondo and Hanuka have corrected some errors on the Psycho print, namely the hand (the original had the right hand on the left arm) and the spelling of John Gavin's name in the credits.

file.php

Looks like Mondo and Hanuka have corrected some errors on the Psycho print, namely the hand (the original had the right hand on the left arm) and the spelling of John Gavin's name in the credits.

If these were originally hand drawn how could that mistake have happened?

LaneDS

I feel strange being so excited to either get the notification that my prints are framed and ready for pickup, or to get the Moss blind box in to see what I (and everyone else really) got. Usually the kind of excitement reserved for a long awaited game release or an album I've been waiting for.

Long winded way of saying I like this thread a lot I think.

IronRinn

If these were originally hand drawn how could that mistake have happened?

I'm not sure what you mean. Drawing a body contorted in that way, I can easily imagine getting turned around mentally and putting the thumb on the wrong side. A bit surprising it wasn't caught sooner, perhaps.

Edit: This is based on an assumption that he isn't having people pose and then drawing from a photo. Regardless, mistakes happen!

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I feel strange being so excited to either get the notification that my prints are framed and ready for pickup, or to get the Moss blind box in to see what I (and everyone else really) got. Usually the kind of excitement reserved for a long awaited game release or an album I've been waiting for.

I've long considered this thread both a blessing and a curse.

Sigma722

It's getting harder and harder to keep excited. Taking so loooonnnngg.

Sushigod7

I'm not sure what you mean. Drawing a body contorted in that way, I can easily imagine getting turned around mentally and putting the thumb on the wrong side. A bit surprising it wasn't caught sooner, perhaps.

Edit: This is based on an assumption that he isn't having people pose and then drawing from a photo. Regardless, mistakes happen!

The mistakes still don't fix the weird ass position the body is in, it's a complete mind screw looking at this thing. The knees are up, the face is down that should be a chest under the arms but no breasts? Now that is the left hand they fixed but it's on top? WTF

edit: Ok after making this position myself I can sort of see what they were going for, head is looking right the part that I thought was a chest is the back and the arm is the left just really contorted strangely. The mid section well it's still like a sack of oatmeal. I guess when you are killed brutally in the shower you turn into a Cirque du Soleil performer.

IronRinn

The mistakes still don't fix the weird ass position the body is in, it's a complete mind screw looking at this thing. The knees are up, the face is down that should be a chest under the arms but no breasts? Now that is the left hand they fixed but it's on top? WTF

Her chest is blocked by the door. You are looking at her back and the top/back of her head

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Hell no that is the best idea, also a great place for a confusing print so when your in the bathroom for a few minutes you can study it.

My only thought is that I'm single, so that might require some explaining when I bring someone over.

Then again, I always did favor the adventurous sort! Bathroom it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom