• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

I kind of like it more rotated like this:

QdvLqSy.jpg

The rain makes a little more sense.

Yeah, I mean either way looks fine to me. It's a great illustration, but by having the forehead extend beyond the background and then get cut off by the edge of the paper it makes it look like he ran out of room.

Meier

Kind of tempted to get this predator as my first mondo print, but who am I kidding in thinking I'd even have a chance to get it lol

I think if you try and go for it at release, you'll have a pretty decent chance. It looks like the kind of print that wouldn't necessarily resonate with a lot of people. Good call by lister that it looks better in landscape though.

Kind of tempted to get this predator as my first mondo print, but who am I kidding in thinking I'd even have a chance to get it lol

Be signed in with all your info beforehand.
Pay by credit card and have your number copied and ready to be pasted.
Break your F5 key.

Not foolproof, but I've snagged a few.

Sushigod7

You can do it, use Chrome with your CC info saved get ready about 11:30 est and F5 till it drops. I've probably missed more than I've got but it's not impossible by any means.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
You can do it, use Chrome with your CC info saved get ready about 11:30 est and F5 till it drops. I've probably missed more than I've got but it's not impossible by any means.

This is pretty much the best way to do it. Just make sure you've got your information saved in chrome and you know your credit card's security code.

Sushigod7

Lost track of time reading a book in the garden. Lesson learned, never going outside again.

hahaha hey your time was better spent in the garden reading IMO but if you want these Mondo drops you pretty much have to stay glued to the computer. Depending on what you wanted you can probably get 2nd hand for not much of a mark up though.

jordisok

Sadly I don't have one of those fancy portable computing devices (and my phone is a bit shite). Always next time :)

How do you guys/gals feel about actual (as in the ones cinemas use) movie posters? Do you have any?? They're what got me looking into the more artsy stuff.

Sushigod7

Sadly I don't have one of those fancy portable computing devices (and my phone is a bit shite). Always next time :)

How do you guys/gals feel about actual (as in the ones cinemas use) movie posters? Do you have any?? They're what got me looking into the more artsy stuff.

I have a few, a Star Wars Struzan and the Pacific Rim Shinkawa, personally I don't have a problem with them but if it's the ugly floating head photoshop jobs they do on new movies then no those should be burned and pissed on.

lupinko

I have the Dredd theatrical poster from SDCC, and I was trying to get my local movie theatre to give me their posters for Frances Ha and Much Do About Nothing (2013) but no deal. =(

LaneDS

Everytime I check this thread I (now not so) secretly hope that someone will have posted about receiving their Moss heroes blind box, but alas.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I used to collect (horde?) a bunch of movie posters when I was younger. I think the last poster I got was the Struzan Hellboy 2 poster they gave away at NYCC one year, if that counts.

I have a few, a Star Wars Struzan and the Pacific Rim Shinkawa, personally I don't have a problem with them but if it's the ugly floating head photoshop jobs they do on new movies then no those should be burned and pissed on.

Pretty much. I think a big reason why pop culture prints are as big as they are now is because of what movie posters have turned into.

Sushigod7

Everytime I check this thread I (now not so) secretly hope that someone will have posted about receiving their Moss heroes blind box, but alas.

Every time I check my inbox I'm hoping to get that email confirmation they keep talking about. Sucks we have to wait so long but it should be worth the wait. I'm guessing shipping won't happen till late next week or beginning of the following week. I'm not getting my hopes up for that either so I'm not bummed out.

Up soon:

DuckTales by Dave Perillo

ducktales.jpg

250 piece signed/numbered silk screen edition measuring 18" x 24." w/ certificate of authenticity. $50.

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/ @ around 10 AM PST

Disney Afternoon by James Silvani

disneyafternoon.jpg

250 piece signed/numbered silk screen edition measuring 18" x 24." w/ certificate of authenticity. $50.

Redheads by Amy Mebberson

redheads.jpg

rinemy

Banned
Wow I like that Perillo Ducktales.
Too bad my framing queue is too big.

edit: missing gizmo duck saddens me just a little.

lupinko

Wow I like that Perillo Ducktales.
Too bad my framing queue is too big.

edit: missing gizmo duck saddens me just a little.

Yeah I don't know why Doofus Drake got top billing over Fenton.

I blame it all on PJ for that and as to why there's no Xanatos or Owen on the Disney Afternoon print.

edit: I really like the Perillo Ducktales, I think it can really complement my Perillo Cobra, since we all know only Scrooge McDuck and his nephews can stop Cobra.

IronRinn

Perillo DuckTales is fantastic. Gonna pass though. Too many video games next week, plus Stout SotD and have to pay for my Moss Spirited Away.

Edit: DuckTales is up.

Bought Ducktales. Watched the entire series last year and it was fantastic! Surprised at how well it held up years later. I've also been obsessed with playing Remastered lately. Made the decision to buy this print pretty obvious haha.

Bought Ducktales. Watched the entire series last year and it was fantastic! Surprised at how well it held up years later. I've also been obsessed with playing Remastered lately. Made the decision to buy this print pretty obvious haha.

I picked the print up at D23! Love DuckTales too much to pass up on it. I'm hoping he does Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers next.

I want the DuckTales print but I've already got an expensive Disney purchase this weekend with Infinity. Hopefully the Ducks don't take to long to get into that game. I know the money bank is in so it gives me hope.

Trasher

I'm a huge fan of Jaws, but I don't think I'm interested in any of these trading card posters. Excited to see what they have in November. Will definitely be going to this show.

tumblr_mq734aByG41r4gd13o1_500.jpg

BRvE31rCMAAv_xT.jpg:large

PangeaSeed, artist Craig Drake and Hero Complex Gallery are pleased to announce a shark-saving effort of monstrous proportions: Smile, You Son of a Bitch! An Art Tribute to JAWS!

For three days only, from November 1 - 3, 2013, at Hero Complex Gallery in Los Angeles, we will host a one of a kind art exhibition featuring original artworks created by 70+ of today’s most renowned artists in celebration of one of the most iconic films in movie history. This unprecedented exhibition aims to engage the audience by helping to further bring much needed awareness to the global plight of sharks.

The three day event will see guest appearances by original cast and crew from the movie, original film memorabilia and collectibles on display, special guest presentations from some of today’s leading shark experts and exciting film screenings. Search deep and wide, without a doubt this is the must-see event of the year for JAWS fans!

Leading up to the opening night reception on November 1, PangeaSeed will release 4 limited edition fine art screen prints entitled “JAWS: The Lost Trading Card Set” created in collaboration with supporting artist Craig Drake and printed via Seizure Palace Screen Printing. A new print will be released monthly to help make this event possible - we greatly appreciate your support.

Follow PangeaSeed.org for more event information and updates.

Print details:

Artist: Craig Drake

Title: Chrissie’s Last Swim (Card 1 of 4)

Edition Size: 75 signed & numbered (in reference to the film's 1975 theatrical release)

Print details: 4 color screen print on French speckletone 100# paper

Size: 18 x 24 inches

Printmaker: Seizure Palace Screen Printing

Price: $50 plus shipping & handling

The first print in the set will be available for purchase via the PangeaSeed Emporium on Friday, August 16, 2013 at 12pm PST.

Link to purchase: http://pangeaseed.myshopify.com/collect ... g-card-set

Please allow up to 4 – 6 weeks for delivery.
PangeaSeed3

Edit: The first trading card poster is available now.

Rrang129

Kind of related question:

Anyone have a decent place to get frames? I bought some at Michael's and the plastic they use for the frames reflect a little bit too much light... It's hard to see the print!

I guess there's only so much you can do about it, but I figure I'd ask! Thanks!

sice337

Neo Member
I haven't seen this here yet but huckleberry toys still has the Tom Whalen SDCC Batman Classic TV series print up for sale (both the regular and the variant) http://huckleberrydirect.bigcartel.com/

Batman_variant1.jpg

variant edition
size: 18″ x 24″
medium: 10-color screenprint
stock: cougar natural 100C
edition: 175 pcs
price: $75

Batman_regular1.jpg

regular edition
size: 18″ x 24″
medium: 10-color screenprint
stock: cougar natural 100C
edition: 350 pcs
price: $60

Went to a local Sherlock Con here in the Bay Area (Hence Bay Area Sherlock Con) and met up with Alice X. Zhang once more.

Bought this AP from her, as the other print was a raffle prize:
6a92762009022b4275df62941f4fb22f_zps49a4315b.jpg

Meier

Up Now:

Only God Forgives by Randy Ortiz:

ogf_se.jpg

Available here:

http://allcityx.com/products/only-god-forgives-by-allcity-x-randy-ortiz

£52 + shipping (ships from UK, probably around £22 to US)
24x36" 4 color screen print. No word on the edition size except that it is "limited".

Lovely print but that price is absolutely absurd. Haven't seen it yet due to all the negative responses I've heard (one of my best buds who loved Drive as much as I do absolutely hated it).

Sushigod7

Lovely print but that price is absolutely absurd. Haven't seen it yet due to all the negative responses I've heard (one of my best buds who loved Drive as much as I do absolutely hated it).

I didn't even know it had been released, lol. I'll wait for Netflix to get it, well I pretty much wait for everything on BR anymore can't take the kid to the movies. lol

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
100+ bucks for that thing? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit. Ain't worth it.

Sigma722

Yeah, dat exchange rate.

Only God Forgives isn't great. I didn't hate it as much as rottentomatoes hates it, but it's just another Refn film where you need to go in knowing what you are getting, which isn't Drive. Probably it's biggest problem is that there isn't a "good" person in the film.

Meier

Yeah, dat exchange rate.

Only God Forgives isn't great. I didn't hate it as much as rottentomatoes hates it, but it's just another Refn film where you need to go in knowing what you are getting, which isn't Drive. Probably it's biggest problem is that there isn't a "good" person in the film.

The trailer for it was so good but then when it premiered at Venice (I don't think it was Cannes, was it?) and the reports of it being much closer to Valhalla came out, I knew there was trouble. I could barely get through Valhalla -- I think it's one of the least enjoyable films I've ever seen. It really had no redeeming qualities for me at all other than the scenery.

IronRinn

Yeah, dat exchange rate.

The trailer for it was so good but then when it premiered at Venice (I don't think it was Cannes, was it?) and the reports of it being much closer to Valhalla came out, I knew there was trouble. I could barely get through Valhalla -- I think it's one of the least enjoyable films I've ever seen. It really had no redeeming qualities for me at all other than the scenery.

I wound up really liking OGF, despite all the negative review I read upon its release. It's not his best, but he directed the hell out of it. Film is beautiful to watch but, yeah, if you didn't like Valhalla Rising you are not going to like this one.

It's really unfortunate about the price of that print because it is fucking nails. ~$80 is just a tad too much.

IronRinn

I didn't even know it had been released, lol. I'll wait for Netflix to get it, well I pretty much wait for everything on BR anymore can't take the kid to the movies. lol

For what it's worth I watched it on Amazon Instant. I think it cost me $6. Just in case you didn't want to wait.

Yeah, the film had some beautiful shots and a few scenes I might even desribe as great, but it was frustrating to watch at times and I found myself just going, "ehhhhh, it was ok" by the end. Nice poster, but the price and movie are not worth it in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom