• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

Those of you bummed out you missed the Hitch drops today should really be sad you missed Shelob's Lair, it has finally sold out!!! Now watch the flippers try to get rid of that print.

ibgjLEmZ3DWWbY.jpg

rinemy

Banned
Jieyi's Mononoke arrived to me a couple of days ago.
It looks great, although the GID ink of the Kodama's is quite visible in daylight on this.

Haven't tried GID yet..
and... you can see a sports drink bottle in the reflection lol.
L39teh8l.jpg

rinemy

Banned
The lady on the left has so much shadow on her that she looks like she's wearing a luchador mask.

I've always been on the fence with Vania's style. Almost pulled on Pacific Rim, this one is more or less the same for me.

Sigma722

Where did you guys get those posters?

Edit: I found it on eBay. Those prices. ;( $100 a piece.

There are some sellers on Expressobeans.com selling squirtle and bulbasaur for $60 each, and I would assume there is someone that would let a Charmander go for the same. Still a bit pricey, but better than Ebay.

Meier

I have a Squirtle that I will probably sell or try and use as trade bait once we get the Heroes in. I always wanted to get Pikachu but it just costs too much for me to consider it to be feasible.

IronRinn

The Thorp is kind of weird. Made the effort to have the Predator's head break through the illustration border just to be cut off by the edge of the print.

Le-mo

There are some sellers on Expressobeans.com selling squirtle and bulbasaur for $60 each, and I would assume there is someone that would let a Charmander go for the same. Still a bit pricey, but better than Ebay.
I was able to find a listing for Bulbasaur and Squirtle on August 9th for $60 a piece. I don't know if it's still available but I just shot the seller a PM. Hoping for the best haha. I couldn't find any recent Charmander listing.
I have a Squirtle that I will probably sell or try and use as trade bait once we get the Heroes in. I always wanted to get Pikachu but it just costs too much for me to consider it to be feasible.
Yep. Wasn't it included randomly with the Squirtle/Bulbasaur/Charmander print? The prices for it goes up to as high as $400.

jordisok

The Thing and Predator are both beautiful, but I've really never even got CLOSE to getting anything from mondo, anyone got any tips? :D

b3b0p

Nice quality affordable framing options, is there such a thing?

Suggestions? I have a truck load of nice prints I need to frame.

I'm in the process of moving out and I'm sure there will be plenty of blank walls to fill with cool prints/canvas'... I know it isn't cheap per say, but I was wondering what are the best places to look for UK/IRE buyers. Are there any artists that print within the UK or even europe thus cutting down on shipping costs? Thanks :)

rinemy

Banned
just a FYI to you guys,
I had a PB pick up Prometheus at SDCC but sold it shortly afterwards.

It really don't look that great up close and is much easier to appreciate from a further distance. Overall, I felt the poster was too blue for my liking.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm on the trail of my holy grail (we're talking like, Indiana Jones standing in the room with the old guy), but not sure my wife will let me blow the cash.

maybe I'm still on the other side of the traps then... hmm

Trasher

I'm on the trail of my holy grail (we're talking like, Indiana Jones standing in the room with the old guy), but not sure my wife will let me blow the cash.

maybe I'm still on the other side of the traps then... hmm

Just lock her in an airplane cockpit and do what you gotta do!

I'm in the process of moving out and I'm sure there will be plenty of blank walls to fill with cool prints/canvas'... I know it isn't cheap per say, but I was wondering what are the best places to look for UK/IRE buyers. Are there any artists that print within the UK or even europe thus cutting down on shipping costs? Thanks :)

What's next week?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Just lock her in an airplane cockpit and do what you gotta do!

yeah. the problem is she knows all about my grail and the value, so I can't slip this one past her in terms of it being in my flat file, or on the walls, or what our bank account would do.

really want to pull the trigger tho

Trasher

yeah. the problem is she knows all about my grail and the value, so I can't slip this one past her in terms of it being in my flat file, or on the walls, or what our bank account would do.

really want to pull the trigger tho

So the classic "Oh that old thing? I've had that one since forever. Decided to blow the dust off and put it back up!" excuse won't work? Damn. :(

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
So the classic "Oh that old thing? I've had that one since forever. Decided to blow the dust off and put it back up!" excuse won't work? Damn. :(

it's too much of a grail for me for her not to know all about it. she also helps me a lot getting stuff in and out of the flat file and shipping, so she knows the contents of it, especially of the 36" print drawer

Sushigod7

it's too much of a grail for me for her not to know all about it. she also helps me a lot getting stuff in and out of the flat file and shipping, so she knows the contents of it, especially of the 36" print drawer

Oh now my interest is peaked are we talking Stout, Moss or someone else?

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Tomorrows my chance to grab "The Thing" poster. :D

Btw, any updates on the Cowboy Behop Variant Editions shipping out?

Sigma722

Btw, any updates on the Cowboy Behop Variant Editions shipping out?

He commented on peoples requests for updates on FB with:

Slowly but surely everyone is getting their confirmations this week. The PayPal buttons were a little confusing so each order has to be checked for correct shipping option. You should be getting yours soon.

That was August 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom