• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

I really enjoyed TLoU and yet the more I look at these prints the less I like them. Concept art doesn't make for interesting prints most of the time. I do like that they have the campfire image though. That one would look good on a wall.

I like that one myself, the concept art is great for the game but doesn't work for $130 prints.

IronRinn

Welp, my heroes came in today and, frankly, it was almost as disappointing as I feared it would be. 4 packs for a total of 12 prints yielded:

Link x3
Master Chief x2
Snake x3
StarFox x2
Gordon Freeman
Snake in a Box

No secret print for me. So, yeah, kinda bummed. Looking for the others I don't have, especially Joel & Ellie and Ico & Yorda. Anything I have more than one of is up for trade.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Welp, my heroes came in today and, frankly, it was almost as disappointing as I feared it would be. 4 packs for a total of 12 prints yielded:

Link x3
Master Chief x2
Snake x3
StarFox x2
Gordon Freeman
Snake in a Box

No secret print for me. So, yeah, kinda bummed. Looking for the others I don't have, especially Joel & Ellie and Ico & Yorda. Anything I have more than one of is up for trade.

Ouch, let me know if you're interested in getting rid of one of those snakes. I've got a Dhalsim that I'm not a huge fan of.

rinemy

Banned
One big lesson I learned from these blind boxes is that they're too good to pass on. I have about 3/4 of the entire set and gosh it feels like the Pokemon Red/Blue days all over again.

TommyT

One big lesson I learned from these blind boxes is that they're too good to pass on. I have about 3/4 of the entire set and gosh it feels like the Pokemon Red/Blue days all over again.

Funny, I feel the complete opposite. Far easier to just buy what you want. Though, that might just apply if you're wanting specific pieces instead of the entire set.

Salamando

Funny, I feel the complete opposite. Far easier to just buy what you want. Though, that might just apply if you're wanting specific pieces instead of the entire set.

I regret only buying one three pack. Even the most common ones are selling for enough that I could recoup costs easily, if not turn a profit.

rinemy

Banned

Link x3
Master Chief x2
Snake x3
StarFox x2
Gordon Freeman
Snake in a Box

Wow, I knew this was disappointing but this four sets of 3 prints disappointing. If you'd like I can send a few lithographs/prints your way to try to offset some of that. I got some cool ones I don't need and don't feel like trying to sell.

LaneDS

Asked before, but will throw it out there once more just in case:

Anyone have a Moss Ico & Yorda that they're looking to sell for? I've got a Lara that will go unframed/unloved if trading factors into it at all. If so, please PM me! Thanks.

FnordChan

Need a close-up picture of that dhalsim emitting sperm from himself or whatever.

Dhalsem.jpg

Fnordsim

TommyT

Thanks jstevenson! Got my Link in the mail the other day and was finally able to pick up up. That thing was ready for nuclear warfare :eek:

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Thanks jstevenson! Got my Link in the mail the other day and was finally able to pick up up. That thing was ready for nuclear warfare :eek:

you gotta pack that shit so the Post Office Gorillas don't accidentally mangle it. a good friend of mine just got theirs in the mail from Static and it was folded in every way possible :-/

rinemy

Banned
you gotta pack that shit so the Post Office Gorillas don't accidentally mangle it. a good friend of mine just got theirs in the mail from Static and it was folded in every way possible :-/

Have to give props as well for jstevenson's packing. I could probably knock someone unconscious with the envelope he sent.

Sushigod7

Good lord really? They were like 4 ply pieces of cardboard. The postal workers much have really not liked the package or something.

FnordChan

Anyone know the ETA of the Vertigo or Psycho prints that were sold on Mondo a few weeks ago?

Courtesy of a recent Mondo blog post made a week ago:

Mondo said:
HITCHCOCK WEEK… Today we got a shipment with all 3 (PSYCHO, and both VERTIGOs) I’ve been able to number both VERTIGO, but not PSYCHO yet. I’ll try to knock that out early in the morning so any Austinites who want to swing by and get them can feel free to do so this weekend. World famous photographer Billy Garret came by to shoot photos of these, and we should have some up on the blog soon. Hitchcock Shirts are scheduled to arrive late next week. We will post an update when they are in hand.

Hopefully that means you'll be seeing those prints arrive soon.

FnordChan

rinemy

Banned
I think I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Just looking for a Chief now for $25 or so (hopefully) if anyone is willing to do that.

Hello Gaf!

Long time lurker here from N.Ireland and a big fan of this (and the Pickup) thread.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Heroes Blind Box set of Tingle, Master Chief and Freeman.

I have to say I am loving these prints, and would love to get my hands on a Fox and a Link too. Anyone got any they would be willing to part with?

PM me if shipping to N.Ireland doesn't scare you too much.

tm24

my Cowboy Bebop came in today. Not gonna open it since im moving in 3 months, but once i do, i must continue my search for a framer

kilongs

Awesome! So I finally received my Heroes Pack!

(3x) 3-Packs:
1 x Secret Print!!
1 x Smoking Snake
2 x Ellie & Joel
2 x Gordan Freeman
3 x Link

So, anyone up for some trades? :)

WTT: 1 x Gordan Freeman, 1 x Ellie & Joel, 2 x Link
ISO: Snake in the Box, Ico & Yorda, Master Chief, Star Fox, and possibly Dhalsim. Also, colossus, dark souls, Ocelot, or skull kid :)

If you don't have a secret ticket I'll punch someone for you.

You jinxed me! :)

o8altwX.jpg

Actually I'm really pretty happy with my distribution, got basically everything I wanted!

WT: Link, Jill Sandwich, Joel & Ellie

ISO: Halo, Ico & Yorda, G-Man, Shadow of the Colossus (I'd pay $$$ for this one as well)

I'd love to find someone who has 2-3 and is ISO 2-3 of mine as well. GET AT ME!

Sushigod7

You jinxed me! :)

o8altwX.jpg

Actually I'm really pretty happy with my distribution, got basically everything I wanted!

WT: Link, Jill Sandwich, Joel & Ellie

ISO: Halo, Ico & Yorda, G-Man, Shadow of the Colossus (I'd pay $$$ for this one as well)

I'd love to find someone who has 2-3 and is ISO 2-3 of mine as well. GET AT ME!

Sorry I'll find someone to punch for you tomorrow. The distribution of doubles and triples of commons is kind of nuts. People with multiple rares who only ordered a set. Kind of annoying.

tm24

Cowboy Bebop print AND Cavalier & Clay? Can we be friends?

Sure, why not!

I am legit fucking jealous. I missed out on it. :(
I had to pull the trigger on it. I love this show so much that i needed it. First big print purchase for me. My mom and gf were not amused! But theyre not amused for about 90% of the things i buy

If anyone wants to dump a copy of a normal Snake, i would like to buy!

I still have a fox mccloud up for grabs if anyone wants it.
I'm looking for Joel + Ellie, ico, and snake in a box

I'm totally willing to throw in some cash as well for snake in a box

OK I found a trade of Joel & Ellie for Ico & Master Chief (!) so:

ISO: Shadow of the Colossus, Eggman

WT: Joel & Ellie (I did not like TLoU), Jill Sandwich

I'd do Joel & Ellie + Jill for a Shadow or just either for an Eggman...

Glad you noticed :)

Awesome! So I finally received my Heroes Pack!

(3x) 3-Packs:
1 x Secret Print!!
1 x Smoking Snake
2 x Ellie & Joel
2 x Gordan Freeman
3 x Link

So, anyone up for some trades? :)

WTT: 1 x Gordan Freeman, 1 x Ellie & Joel, 2 x Link
ISO: Snake in the Box, Ico & Yorda, Master Chief, Star Fox, and possibly Dhalsim. Also, colossus, dark souls, Ocelot, or skull kid :)
Are you willing to trade Ellie & Joel for money? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom