• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekkair

Neo Member
preview_zps072f2e5f.jpg

Would absolutely love a Smithy/MarioRPG print.

Roubjon

Do you guys suggest PictureFrames.com as a good place to purchase frames? Or are there any horror stories associated with them?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Spotted an EBeaner selling Moss' Ico & Yorda for $35 shipped, and it looks like I was able to get to him first. Money sent, now to just hope it all works out.

I thought I had a one-for-one trade on a Skull Kid for my Aerith, but the guy says he already traded away his Skull Kid, so no luck there.

I've had a couple of PMs about my extras, I haven't had much time lately to parse through them, but I'll definitely respond by the end of the day now that I have some time.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey, I know one of you got your Cowboy Bebop print in from Alexander Iaccarino but did anybody else buy one and not get it yet? It's been a while and I'm about to contact the dude.

IronRinn

Spotted an EBeaner selling Moss' Ico & Yorda for $35 shipped, and it looks like I was able to get to him first. Money sent, now to just hope it all works out.

I thought I had a one-for-one trade on a Skull Kid for my Aerith, but the guy says he already traded away his Skull Kid, so no luck there.

I've had a couple of PMs about my extras, I haven't had much time lately to parse through them, but I'll definitely respond by the end of the day now that I have some time.

Ah, ya' beat me to it! Finally found a Joel and Ellie, still on the lookout for an Ico.

rinemy

Banned
Hey, I know one of you got your Cowboy Bebop print in from Alexander Iaccarino but did anybody else buy one and not get it yet? It's been a while and I'm about to contact the dude.

Gmail doesn't seem like the best way to contact him either?
I put myself in as a subscriber for him. He noted that I wanted the Regular + Variant but have yet to hear back from him myself. I'll try twitter as well.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Cool, thanks a lot guys. I don't have twitter but I sent him an email asking about it.

I don't mind if the print comes a month or two after ordering but the fact that he tweeted about having everything shipping on September 10th and still no shipping confirmation or email or anything is concerning.

Slacky

Neo Member
Cool, thanks a lot guys. I don't have twitter but I sent him an email asking about it.

I don't mind if the print comes a month or two after ordering but the fact that he tweeted about having everything shipping on September 10th and still no shipping confirmation or email or anything is concerning.

Got my variant yesterday, bundled with a Breaking Bad poster.

IronRinn

Aw man, sorry! I'll keep my notification stuff on, and if I spot one, I'll let you know.

I can't believe you would do this to me. I would expect this from ()_listerfeend_(), but you? I loved you like a son! Like an internet son that I never met or even knew existed up until now! Stabbed in the back by my own, previously unknown internet son... What is the world coming to?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I can't believe you would do this to me. I would expect this from ()_listerfeend_(), but you? I loved you like a son! Like an internet son that I never met or even knew existed up until now! Stabbed in the back by my own, previously unknown internet son... What is the world coming to?

He's already shipping it to me.

MJD2vaC.jpg

Doombear

Got my Spirited Away vinyl today! A little bit bummed that one corner is a bit bent, and there is an indentation from the vinyl inside that has formed a ring on the cover if that makes sense. From being sealed so tight/pressed down upon. Impermanence my lady says, impermanence.

Happy to have it here, the vinyl looks gorgeous.

LaneDS

Does anyone expect prices to come down on the Moss Ico prints? They seem to be going for anywhere between $60-$100, trending on the higher side of that. Kinda burned out after buying the Dark Souls, SotC, and TLoU ones individually but would like to get that Ico one too.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
It's kind of a crap shoot. Particularly considering that Moss might be continuing with the Blind Box Heroes/Villains sets. I could see them going down in value as other more popular ones take their place, or I could see them becoming even more scarce as the few that are out there are held on to by the people that really want them.

Getting a complete set of these, including the Tingle + Secret Print + Villains, is going to be damn near impossible (or at least very expensive) if you don't already have it.

In other words, jstevenson, watch your back!

rinemy

Banned
Does anyone expect prices to come down on the Moss Ico prints? They seem to be going for anywhere between $60-$100, trending on the higher side of that. Kinda burned out after buying the Dark Souls, SotC, and TLoU ones individually but would like to get that Ico one too.

I'm glad I traded a Master Chief for Ico straight up :)

LaneDS

I'm glad I traded a Master Chief for Ico straight up :)

Good trade! I'm gifting my Master Chief to another gaffer. Felt like for the $15 purchase I was happy to at least get one print I wanted (Fox), since that seemed awfully cheap in comparison to what I paid for the other ones I wanted.

ericexpo

Got my Spirited Away vinyl today! A little bit bummed that one corner is a bit bent, and there is an indentation from the vinyl inside that has formed a ring on the cover if that makes sense. From being sealed so tight/pressed down upon. Impermanence my lady says, impermanence.

Happy to have it here, the vinyl looks gorgeous.

did you get a shipping email, because i haven't seen anything yet

"The game done changed..."

"Game's the same, just got more fierce."

LaneDS

Ordered both Mononoke and Spirited Away Vinyl on the same day and got shipping e-mails three days apart (the 16th and the 19th) if that helps you any. Mononoke arrived this past Saturday.

Doombear

Sure doesn't look like it. I just double checked and see nothing at all other than the original order confirmation email. Funny thing was I had ordered a new LP from Amazon that I knew was arriving today (CHVRCHES) and when I saw the package I was sure that this was that. Then I saw the Mondotees logo on the back.

So, nope, no shipping email.

Meier

Mondo's Gallery is real shitty about responding via Twitter. I guess the only way to communicate with them is to email Mo basically.

My Ghibli vinyl arrived yesterday, and as I wanted it just as much to listen to than to admire the artwork I *gasp* opened it up and *gasp* found a huge crack in one of the records. :(
I haven't bought a record from them before but the quality all around just seems kinda low. Creases/indentation on the main sleeve, torn paper sleeve, and the actual label on the record looks worse than if it came from a print and stick label maker you would buy from Staples (rough edges).
/bitching

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Good trade! I'm gifting my Master Chief to another gaffer. Felt like for the $15 purchase I was happy to at least get one print I wanted (Fox), since that seemed awfully cheap in comparison to what I paid for the other ones I wanted.

jon-stewart-colbert-bravo.gif

Because you're awesome.

Still looking for a Joel print if anyone is selling/trading.
Also, I have no idea how to frame these.

Cheska

The Little Mermaid info!

In anticipation of the upcoming home video re-release, we are pleased to present Tom Whalen's beautiful poster for Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID.

A perfect storm of technical brilliance and expert songwriting, THE LITTLE MERMAID deserves its place in the lexicon of essential Disney films. Tom Whalen did a stellar job. His depiction of Ursula the Witch is perfect.

For more information, please visit Oh My Disney.

The Little Mermaid Diamond Edition is coming to Blu-ray Combo Pack and HD Digital on October 1st.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. These posters will be available online at a random time on Thursday, September 26th.

5bf0e42b4b1b8d7edbe8f178_533x800.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 365. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

1f5e6c4c7df40a7c9b6ca72c_533x800.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 165. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $70

Oh My God, I absolutely need this in my life!

rinemy

Banned
Little Mermaid.
So the only difference in the variant is the flipped flopped direction + the King Poseidon guy/ and Prince guy?

Cheska

Drops are usually 8-10 AM PST right? I'm going to try using the suggestions you guys mentioned with using my CC# rather than Paypal for these.

Little Mermaid.
So the only difference in the variant is the flipped flopped direction + the King Poseidon guy/ and Prince guy?

And different colors too.

IronRinn

Little Mermaid.

Colors on her tail, the ocean, and Ursula's eyeshadow is different too.

Edit: Slow as shit today. What those others guys said.

rinemy

Banned
Drops are usually 8-10 AM PST right? I'm going to try using the suggestions you guys mentioned with using my CC# rather than Paypal for these.

Yep, I'd say more specifically in the 8:30am - 9:30am PST gap is when you really want to get your F5 game on. It helps to either have autofill or copy/paste your CC and input the rest of the CC info manually.

Also and make sure to be refreshing the "Posters" section. Not the front page.

Sushigod7

This one is going to be brutal Disney fans are rabid about The Little Mermaid I have low hopes to score on the drop hoping I can at least get it 2nd hand for something reasonable. I just picked up 2 other Disney Whalens a few weeks ago so this will go nicely with them once framed.

Doombear

My Ghibli vinyl arrived yesterday, and as I wanted it just as much to listen to than to admire the artwork I *gasp* opened it up and *gasp* found a huge crack in one of the records. :(
I haven't bought a record from them before but the quality all around just seems kinda low. Creases/indentation on the main sleeve, torn paper sleeve, and the actual label on the record looks worse than if it came from a print and stick label maker you would buy from Staples (rough edges).
/bitching

Wow, broken vinyl absolutely sucks. I was thinking I was being silly with the indentation on the main sleeve. I didn't notice any issues with the label, but I will look again as I only checked to see how the records themselves looked. Sorry to hear that yours was cracked, that is awful.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
/bitching

I'm still waiting on my Ghibli vinyl, but I've received three other records from them in the past, all without issue.

In any case, in my experience, Mondo has pretty excellent customer service. They can take a bit of time to get back to you if they're backed up with orders or something, but they usually do everything they can to make things right.

Email them with some pictures of the broken vinyl, and they should be able to help you out somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom