• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibiboy

Neo Member
If I were to do an Attack on Titan commission would anyone here be interested? Want to gauge interest.

+1 for me on this as well. Late reply, but I just wanted to show my support. =)

LL

Trasher

The real question is: are you going to eat off of them?!

Can't wait to see people submit photos to EB with eggs and bacon on them.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, I'll need to sleep on it. Might just go in for the Zelda one.

Same

For some reason it's harder for me to justify spending $60 on a plate versus an art print, even if they're both for display. No idea why, especially with how awesome the plates look. I wish there was a real photo of the Zelda version (like the Pokemon version with the silverware on either side).

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I've been waiting for these to pop up for a long while now! I'll have to see them in person, but this might end up being my favorite thing Moss has done.

Olly, any inclination to do any more of these designs down the line if there's enough interest?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
These are the older ones I got done by a different company. The new ones are better.

IMG_7964.jpg

Thanks for the pic! Do you eat on yours or just use them for display? You have a set for yourself, right?

Moss

I have a slightly different set form the first time I got them proofed. The new ones are better, and yes I eat off them all the time.

Omlagus

Well I snagged one of those Manev LOTR sets. Wallet hurting now.

I'm really starting to think I've fallen down the rabbit hole by coming to this thread.

IronRinn

I'm really starting to think I've fallen down the rabbit hole by coming to this thread.

I'm so sorry but you done fucked up, son.

There really needs to be a "Faces of Meth" style PSA in the OP next time.

Sushigod7

It's not. it's more. I'm just absorbing the costs a bit on the plates.

Wow that is super generous of you! I figured that was cheap those will be bulletproof packages by the time they hit the mail system I'm sure.

You did fall down the hole your screwed and your wallet will never be the same.

Omlagus

I'm so sorry but you done fucked up, son.

There really needs to be a "Faces of Meth" style PSA in the OP next time.

No kidding. It all started so innocently. A Mike Sutfin LOTR AP. Then a single Heroes blindbox.

The rapidly went down to the one-two punch of the complete Walter White set, and now this. What have I done?????????

Omie

No kidding. It all started so innocently. A Mike Sutfin LOTR AP. Then a single Heroes blindbox.

The rapidly went down to the one-two punch of the complete Walter White set, and now this. What have I done?????????

Haha, that's how it was when I first started. Just make sure that what you buy is something that you think you'll see framed on your walls. Also, make sure that you read up on art care if you haven't already.

Sushigod7

Since I started mildly collecting last month was probably my most wallet damaging but I didn't over pay for anything just got a bunch. Unless you get a flat file don't buy everything you think is great that is the only way to keep spending down only jump on the "I've got to have that on my wall" pieces to keep costs down. If you have a flat file and just want to collect well god be with you it's going to kill you.

IronRinn

Also, no pics but I received my Tomer Hanuka Psycho a few days ago. What a fantastic print. The lines in it are not nearly as defined as they appear in the web images giving it a real painterly quality. Really, really pleased with it.

Bummer it's not a screen print would think that would be a easy 3 color to do, I'd do a set for $30 going to pass.

Yeah, I really like them as images but kind of a steep price.

Sushigod7

Keep in mind 8x10 giclees usually go for $30 in galleries.

btw, animal crossing and xenoblade prints are in. Will start shipping over the weekend!

Saw that on FB excited to get mine, putting it in my daughters room because the Animal Crossing print is so happy and bright!

Trasher

So pumped about my Marko Manev six print set! I don't mind the change at all actually.

That's one of HCG's quickest sellouts I think.

Sushigod7

I suppose you can call it six :)

You didn't hear? It is 6, I think it's a fantastic pick up no matter 3 or 6 I would have hung the 3 next to my Star Wars trilogy prints. My two favorite franchises next to each other in 3 print sets would have been awesome but missed these.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
And jsteves can re-imagine his role from the GAF Doc where he sits in front of his grails and feels too ashamed to admit how much he spent!

hahaha. I'm not ashamed at all. I just got a hook-up price and I don't want it in the database.

(though it was still ridiculously expensive)

Omlagus

You didn't hear? It is 6, I think it's a fantastic pick up no matter 3 or 6 I would have hung the 3 next to my Star Wars trilogy prints. My two favorite franchises next to each other in 3 print sets would have been awesome but missed these.

Really?!? Wow, that's awesome! I was trying to process the order so quickly, I guess I didn't even notice that. :D

Axiom

I'm really itching to get a print, but I find something I love it either sells out or the shipping is crazy.

Because of this, I am living vicariously through all this picture posting.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Well you did say you got your wife to approve of it, so it must have been a pretty damn good deal! :p

I had to put together a spreadsheet. I had to sell flat file stuff and add everything up that I had sold to pay for the SW set after shipping and fees.

It was an intense few weeks of selling. But so worth it

Trasher

I had to put together a spreadsheet. I had to sell flat file stuff and add everything up that I had sold to pay for the SW set after shipping and fees.

It was an intense few weeks of selling. But so worth it

I know you have zero regrets, but what was the biggest one that you had to give up that you will miss the most?

Raven84

Neo Member
Arrived yesterday, cost quite a lot but I am so happy. The SOTC print is gorgeous, the best one of all the heroes and villains in my opinion.

hKWwnTb.jpg

My Chun-Li came in today. :D

Wasn't expecting them to ship so soon.

Amazing! Is she as beautiful in real life as we all imagined?! Also what's the number/print run on her like? Would be interested in one but if she is as limited as Tingle she'll be hard to track down.

Speaking of Tingle how much is he going for these days? EB have him tracked at appx $200 but I wonder how accurate/relevant that figure actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom