• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

Can anyone give me a list of artists I should look for at Thought Bubble who will be selling cool stuff? The program online doesn't really differentiate between the different types of people (artists / writers / whatever). I'm looking for posters/art for my new flat. I was going to see what Olly Moss had but it seems there might be quite a few people worth checking out and I don't really know anyone.

Kerrinck

Can anyone give me a list of artists I should look for at Thought Bubble who will be selling cool stuff? The program online doesn't really differentiate between the different types of people (artists / writers / whatever). I'm looking for posters/art for my new flat. I was going to see what Olly Moss had but it seems there might be quite a few people worth checking out and I don't really know anyone.

Someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in but from what I can remember Jock, Matt Ferguson and Mike Mitchell will have some new pieces for sale. Aside from them, looks like Mondo will also have a presence there though they haven't revealed which artists will have new pieces available.

f0rk

Someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in but from what I can remember Jock, Matt Ferguson and Mike Mitchell will have some new pieces for sale. Aside from them, looks like Mondo will also have a presence there though they haven't revealed which artists will have new pieces available.

Yeah I just looked at Mondos blog and they have all their artists in the same area so that's pretty easy. I'll check those other names thanks. I'm not so bothered about rarity or how new it is, more it being cool / based on an IP I like.

Documenting what I find here
Matt Ferguson
BZGXzuzCAAAYMEl.jpg:large

Mike Mitchell
SUPER British (Series 4)
Mike-Mitchell-Super-British-Shaun.jpg

Trasher

I need to get Ferguson's Optimus eventually. I have the Megatron one. I think HCG still has some available, but not sure.

Soooooo people going to Thought Bubble...Anyone wanna trade an Olly Paper Cut for the MMM print? :D I'd definitely throw in extra cash as well since those generally cost more. I feel like it's going to be impossible to get these again. I'm interested to hear how Olly is going to release the remaining ones.

Also, did anyone else grab one of those Wicker Man prints? Mine arrived yesterday, creased to shit. It was also coiled tightly enough for me to suspect that it had been sitting in a tube for a while before it was actually shipped.

Yup. It came through real nice and creasy... Just left of signature.

So glad that I bought a lesser version because I dared pre-ordering too :/

Axiom

I got the limited Wicker Man through Flood and it looks fine on this end. I'm no expert but I don't notice any creases or damage

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
My Stout collection is almost complete:

IB - Variant
Kill Bill - Variant
Reservoir Dogs - Variant
Django - Variant
Let the Right One in - Regular
Blade Runner - Regular
Shaun of the Dead - Variant
Star Wars matching Set - Regular
il grande lebowski - Glow in the Dark
Attack the block - Variant
Drive 2 - Metal

I just need:

The Thing - Regular or Variant
Robocop - Metal

AKA the two hardest to get!!

My Stout collection is almost complete:

IB - Variant
Kill Bill - Variant
Reservoir Dogs - Variant
Django - Variant
Let the Right One in - Regular
Blade Runner - Regular
Shaun of the Dead - Variant
Star Wars matching Set - Regular
il grande lebowski - Glow in the Dark
Attack the block - Variant
Drive 2 - Metal

I just need:

The Thing - Regular or Variant
Robocop - Metal

AKA the two hardest to get!!

hey where do you live again :)

Up now:

Reservoir Dogs -- Mr. White by Ken Taylor

B00FT5RTXM.01-A1HYQLMSUIT6SG._SS2245_SCRMZZZZZZZ_V368376383_.jpg

Are you gonna bark all day, Little Doggie, or are you gonna hang some kick ass art on your wall? Part of the stunning Tarantino XX Collection celebrating 20 years of badass filmmaking, this hand numbered, limited edition Reservoir Dogs print is one of 5 exclusive designs. Silkscreened on acid-free paper using archival inks and fits standard 24"x36" frames. Collect all 5!

Merchant SKU: TXX022
Official Limited Edition Miramax Merchandise
Individually hand numbered. Run of 500. $75. Free shipping with amazonprime.
Silkscreened on 130lb acid free paper stock using archival quality inks
Proudly Made in the USA
Fits standard frame sizes

How to buy online: http://shop.miramax.com/Miramax-Lim...archPage=1&searchRank=salesrank&searchSize=12

11/20/2013:

Krusty Burger by Dave Perillo

krusty_perillo.jpg

250 piece signed edition
12″ x 24″
retail price: $50.00

How to buy online: http://www.darkinkart.com/ around 10:30 AM PST.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Haven't gotten one either. Judging from how the Heroes shipment went, It's going to take a good while for them to send mine.

That ear still gives me the heebie-jeebies all these years later. But I'm impressed you get free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Wish more posters went through Amazon!

That ear still gives me the heebie-jeebies all these years later. But I'm impressed you get free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Wish more posters went through Amazon!

Forgot to mention. These weren't actually done by Ken Taylor and Mondo. Miramax just took the art Ken Taylor did for the DVD cover and screenprinted it with some added quotes. Ken had no idea they were going to do this. Not sure Mondo did either.

Sushigod7

Forgot to mention. These weren't actually done by Ken Taylor and Mondo. Miramax just took the art Ken Taylor did for the DVD cover and screenprinted it with some added quotes. Ken had no idea they were going to do this. Not sure Mondo did either.

That's pretty interesting, kind of like with Moss and some his Star Wars stuff. Studios never look at art as art only as a object, sucks!

Sigma722

75 x 500 x 5...

Everyone understands why, just no one knew it was coming..

I had a feeling that was going to be the case on this. It didn't look as polished, so I figured they just lifted the pieces and separated it out.. Very shitty. I do wonder if Mondo knew this might come though..........................

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Phew, just got my Moss Howl's Moving Castle today after it spent a month in a sorting facility. Can't wait to frame this piece.

Also, got my Minute Walts, so this is a rad week for prints. Anybody get the Trejo-turtle with theirs here?

Sushigod7

Phew, just got my Moss Howl's Moving Castle today after it spent a month in a sorting facility. Can't wait to frame this piece.

Also, got my Minute Walts, so this is a rad week for prints. Anybody get the Trejo-turtle with theirs here?

Saw someone on facebook with it, no one here so far.

11/21/2013:

Rambo: First Blood Part II by Tomer Hanuka

93300563f173b2a5ff3f2142_533x800.jpg

Poster by Tomer Hanuka. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

Platoon by Jay Shaw

b34dc940cce2673536ca3613_533x701.jpg

Poster by Jay Shaw. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

Platoon by Johnny Dombrowski

f3bf3a2fe7fb5aa0330b7a98_533x800.jpg

Poster by Johnny Dombrowski. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

V_Ben

Banned
Haha, got dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a train ticket to Leeds this weekend for thought bubble... until I realised that it would cost me approximately half the money I currently have to get there, leaving me... I dunno, £30 to actually buy stuff with it.

Didn't really seem worth it in the end, maybe once I have actual employment :)

Haha, got dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a train ticket to Leeds this weekend for thought bubble... until I realised that it would cost me approximately half the money I currently have to get there, leaving me... I dunno, £30 to actually buy stuff with it.

Didn't really seem worth it in the end, maybe once I have actual employment :)

hey you made the smart play, there will always be cool prints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom