• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
#winning

BZnuvDiCAAAZXem.jpg

number11

Haha, got dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a train ticket to Leeds this weekend for thought bubble... until I realised that it would cost me approximately half the money I currently have to get there, leaving me... I dunno, £30 to actually buy stuff with it.

Didn't really seem worth it in the end, maybe once I have actual employment :)

I was thinking the same. I had no idea how expensive it is to get a train from London to Leeds. Although I'm still tempted to pick up a coach ticket.

The only thing I'm really interested in is Olly's Lawrence of Arabia print.. And I'd be pretty annoyed if I travel 5 hours to get there only for it to sell out

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
All right, enough of this, I'm calling conspiracy. How many bolts did that cost you?

no conspiracy. While the heroes I sort of stacked the deck by ordering a TON of blind boxes, for this it was just a lucky single shot. figured I'd buy secondary if I didn't get the chase print, but didn't see any reason to buy more than one pack considering it'd be the same base prints.

worked out

Sushigod7

no conspiracy. While the heroes I sort of stacked the deck by ordering a TON of blind boxes, for this it was just a lucky single shot. figured I'd buy secondary if I didn't get the chase print, but didn't see any reason to buy more than one pack considering it'd be the same base prints.

worked out

ibtNlD3Ky4BGn6.gif

11/22/2013:

Crime Suspenstories by Jason Edmiston

c497ba2568e6150e0f9deece_533x702.jpg

Poster by Jason Edmiston. 12"x16" giclee. Hand numbered. Edition of 115. Printed by Static Medium. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Weird Science Cover by Paolo Rivera

48cf796fc80cd63d36d16f81_533x748.jpg

Poster by Paolo Rivera. 17"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Not pop-culture but worth mentioning:

Albatross by Ken Taylor

379.jpg

PangeaSeed is pleased to announce the eleventh print release of the 2013 print-suite,
Sea of Change: The Year of Living Dangerously.

Artist: Ken Taylor
Title:
"Albatross"
Edition Size: 75 numbered
Print Details:
Six-color screen print with all
metallic inks on 100lb cover Cougar white paper
Dimensions: 18" x 24"
Printmaker: Seizure Palace Screen Printing
Price: $50 plus shipping & handling
The print will be available for purchase via the PangeaSeed Emporium at
pangeaseed.myshopify.com on Fri, November 22nd, 2013 at 12pm PST.

Please allow up to 4-6 weeks for delivery.

newjeruse

worked out

Probably bullshit, but more power to you.

To celebrate Dr. Who’s 50th anniversary, we will be releasing a new series of prints from Matt Ferguson that honors each Doctor over the course of the entire series.

All 11 prints will be available as a timed released edition at Bottleneckgallery.com. The sale will start Friday, November 22nd at 12pm eastern and last till 11:59pm on Sunday, November 24th. Each giclee print is 8 x 11 inches, numbered and costs $25.

There will be an option to purchase each piece individually or as a set of 11 for $260. Each set will come with a free “12th” print that will be shown over the weekend on our Facebook page (Facebook.com/Bottleneckgallery).

A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Hour Children, an organization that helps incarcerated mothers and their children reconnect in society.

Also, If you happen to be attending UK’s Thought Bubble, stop by and say hello to Matt who will be at table 88 in the Allied London Hall.
william_print.jpg

patrick_print.jpg

jon_print.jpg

tom_print.jpg

peter_print.jpg

colin_print.jpg

sylvester_print.jpg

paul_print.jpg

christopher_print.jpg

david_print.jpg

matt_print.jpg

IronRinn

It's just not fair that jstevenson manages to land all the fanciest fancy prints on top of getting to hang out with Ratchet and Clank IRL.

Fuck my life.

Also, nice frame up on the Spiderboobs.

Jerk.

Sushigod7

Drew's piece isn't screenprinted? No sale.

Zac's is pretty nifty since it's screen printed, but 24x36 is so huuuuuge. It's almost a full size capsule.

Yeah looks like Gormans was the only screenprint (but I didn't go through all of them). I wanted a few but holding out I've got 2 mystery tubes and a Kurt Russell trilogy on the way can't spend anymore.

Timbuktu

At thought bubble in the Mondo queue it's slowww

The queuing was confusing as fuck. The Mondo queue emptied fairly quickly, but the separate Olly Moss queue was kept outside in the cold. There weren't that many people, no idea why it was so slow, wasn't like there was a lot of stuff to choose from.

I'm glad it was the Lawrence poster though. Don't really know what frame goes with the purple paper.

Just a reminder, the last three Game & Print Club releases for the year are now on-sale & will be up until Sunday @ 11:59 PM. =)

11/21/2013:

Game & Print Club Print #13: Mushroom World Invasion by Bobby O'Herlihy

MARIO_RPG_FINAL_PREVIEW_zps95056772.jpg

Pre-Requisite: You must meet at least 1 of the following 3 requirements:

A. Own at least Own at least 1 Mario RPG title (Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario series, Mario & Luigi series).
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.
(If you've provided proof via option B or C before you do not need to do it again.)

Size: 8"x10"
Printing Technique: Giclee
Paper: Fine Art, Moab Entrada Rag Natural 290 gsm, 21.5 mil, archival
Printed by: Giclee Today
Edition Size: Timed, hand-numbered, limited edition. TBD.
Price: $17.00

How to buy online: http://gameandprintclub.bigcartel.com/ on 11/21/2013 from 12 AM Pacific - 11/24/2013 at 11:59 PM Pacific.

Game & Print Club Print #12: Overwhelming Odds by Jori Bolton

lastturn_zpscae10647.jpg

A. Own at least Own at least 1 Fire Emblem game.
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.
(If you've provided proof via option B or C before you do not need to do it again. If you have print #1, you automatically qualify for this print as well)

Size: 8"x10"

How to buy online: http://gameandprintclub.bigcartel.com/ on 11/21/2013 from 12 AM Pacific - 11/24/2013 at 11:59 PM Pacific.

Game & Print Club Print #11: Ruins by Steven Hughes

DKCRforweb_zps78992155.jpg

A. Own at least Own at least 1 Donkey Kong game.
B. Own a Wii U console.
C. Own a 3DS handheld.
(If you've provided proof via option B or C before you do not need to do it again.)

Size: 10"x8"

Tomallica

Neo Member
Got a kevin tong watchmen print from the mondo stand. Took it over to him for a sig and the arsehole wouldnt sign it.

said he only signs stuff that people buy direct from him and if I got mine signed everyone would want theirs signed too and it would clog up the queue... looked around to find only me in his queue.

so I took it back the mondo stand for a refund and instantly regretted it, so went back after lunch and bought it again. :)

Im happy to give mondo money but would never buy direct from that prick.

I sent an email out to people that ordered a MGS commission. If you did not receive an email and are a part of the commission please pm me. If you did receive one, please respond. Thanks.

Crap. Might be the email didn't send. Going to resend now.

Edit 2: OK. Resent. Hopefully it works this time.

Gah. I don't think the emails are sending. No clue why.

I'll post it here in the forums on monday. Sorry about that.

alternatively you can pm me for it as well.

Ugh. apparently there is a one hour delay of emails going out. So you will be receiving the email 3 times.... Sorry about that. Lesson learned.

Trasher

Gah. I don't think the emails are sending. No clue why.

I'll post it here in the forums on monday. Sorry about that.

alternatively you can pm me for it as well.

Ugh. apparently there is a one hour delay of emails going out. So you will be receiving the email 3 times.... Sorry about that. Lesson learned.

I just got two emails haha.

So I'm confused. We are choosing this Akira print if we don't want to wait? Can I still wait for the MGS print and skip this Akira one?

I just got two emails haha.

So I'm confused. We are choosing this Akira print if we don't want to wait? Can I still wait for the MGS print and skip this Akira one?

Yes, you can skip akira. The akira is provided in addition to MGS. It is offered to you first because you bought MGS. You can get both. Or just the mgs.

Last I heard only 50 (out of 250) were released at TB. Was this not the case in the end?

I thought that was in regards to the paper cuts?

So Olly just said that he'll be releasing his long delayed limited editions of Silhouettes at Thought Bubble. I've been waiting for this edition since it was originally announced, so it's really rough that it's from an event.

Long shot.. but... can anyone pick me up one?

Only 50 out of 250 at Thoughtbubble!

Also, anyone know if the game prints (Mario, Guybrush, and LeChuck) will be available elsewhere?

Timbuktu

Last I heard only 50 (out of 250) were released at TB. Was this not the case in the end?

I think that was the limited edition of the book? They ran out of that within the first four or five hours. The Lawrence is an edition of 180. Had quick look having a coffee at the event on the day and someone has already put one up on ebay, starting at £75 (£40 at thoughtbubble), so it's possible to get it there.

Trasher

I thought it was 50 books and 50 LoAs at TB. I got put down on EB for trying to clarify the same thing like a week ago by asking a similar question. I was confused as well about how much Olly had of everything. And I still am now it seems haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom