• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreweyes

MARIO_RPG_FINAL_PREVIEW_zps95056772.jpg

Ordered! :)

=)

Up now:

Sam Gets Requests by Laurent Durieux

SamGetsRequests-REG.jpg

9 Color Screen Print on 100 lb. Cougar Cover
Hand Numbered
Size: 21 x 36 inches
Edition: 250
*Comes with Certificate of Authenticity Signed and Numbered by the Artist

How to buy online: http://phoneboothgallery.com/pbg/editions

Sam Gets Requests Variant Edition by Laurent Durieux

SamGetsRequests-VAR.jpg

9 Color Screen Print on 100 lb. Cougar Cover
Hand Numbered
Size: 21 x 36 inches
Edition: 90
*Comes with Certificate of Authenticity Signed and Numbered by the Artist
$85.00

How to buy online: http://phoneboothgallery.com/pbg/editions

lupinko

I sent an email out to people that ordered a MGS commission. If you did not receive an email and are a part of the commission please pm me. If you did receive one, please respond. Thanks.

Crap. Might be the email didn't send. Going to resend now.

Edit 2: OK. Resent. Hopefully it works this time.

I didn't get an email and I'm on the MGS list, I'd like Akira too.

I didn't get an email and I'm on the MGS list, I'd like Akira too.

ah, basically the MGS commission is still being worked on. It's taking longer than I had anticipated. To tide us over until the commission is done, I've arranged with ash to get his akira pieces done as screenprints for Neogaf and some 40 or so of these are also eligible to be purchased by EBers that took the plunge into the mystery commission thread I set up over there. More details on these later.

But basically, here is Neogaf Commission #3 and #4:

Kaneda Shotaro by ash thorp and Tetsuo Shima, also by ash thorp:

Thinking of selling them as a set. Not sure yet. Gotta get feedback from you guys in regards to that. I think the total run will be 110 or so. They're both 18"x24" 9 color screenprints printed on black paper.

blk2_zps8ec6da52.png

blk_zpsbcae05d0.png

IronRinn

I received three emails and Mockingbird called me which was weird, since I've never given him my phone number. Then he revealed he was calling from a van parked in my driveway.

Frankly I'm more than a little creeped out.

I received three emails and Mockingbird called me which was weird, since I've never given him my phone number. Then he revealed he was calling from a van parked in my driveway.

Frankly I'm more than a little creeped out.

I thought i was special, but his call was coming from my house.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'mma double respond on here, just in case, but fuck's yeah--those are badass and I'd like 'em.

lupinko

I don't know if we, FancyPoster-GAF have already decided but for a movie print we should either do Pulp Fiction and/or Blade Runner.

LaneDS

Could someone post the un-colored the Ghost in the Shell Thorp print that Mockingbird's e-mail mentioned? Curious to see what that looks like.

omgkitty

Do you have a thematic/characterization-related issue with or do you just think the art stinks?

I think the actual process of flipping the bird just looks stupid in general. Like it just looks weird, so I don't think it matters who drew it, I think it would look awkward and like shit. Also, don't think Kaneda would do that, but I haven't read the manga and am only going by the characterization of him from the film.

Zozobra

I think the actual process of flipping the bird just looks stupid in general. Like it just looks weird, so I don't think it matters who drew it, I think it would look awkward and like shit. Also, don't think Kaneda would do that, but I haven't read the manga and am only going by the characterization of him from the film.

I don't believe he ever does that (I don't even know if that's a thing in Japan), but I could totally see that sort of thing within his character based on the manga.

In any case, I'd definitely opt for the set; but to be honest, I was hoping that the Tetsuo would go to print before the Kaneda if we had to make a choice.

Greyvvolf

Kaneda Shotaro by ash thorp and Tetsuo Shima, also by ash thorp:

Thinking of selling them as a set. Not sure yet. Gotta get feedback from you guys in regards to that. I think the total run will be 110 or so. They're both 18"x24" 9 color screenprints printed on black paper.
I just sent you an email to be put down for this commission. The companion piece looks great as well. They would would look awesome hanging next to each other.

omgkitty

I don't believe he ever does that (I don't even know if that's a thing in Japan), but I could totally see that sort of thing within his character based on the manga.

In any case, I'd definitely opt for the set; but to be honest, I was hoping that the Tetsuo would go to print before the Kaneda if we had to make a choice.

Yep

lupinko

Wasn't Akira written in the 80s? That was when the US was at the height of popculture influence for the Japanese.

The Akira ain't my bag, so if someone wants to snag up a second as a gift for someone or something they can PM me and I'll let Mockingbird know who can take my slot.

Sorry, still waiting on a revised quote for the printing cost of the akira pieces. For now, If you'd like a copy and didn't order a metal gear solid commission, just let me know via pm. I think they'll be sold as a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom