• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eBay prices for the Olly Moss Monkey Island Thought Bubble Heroes (way too many caps there) are depressing me.

I'm far too frugal for this hobby I think.

IronRinn

EB thread, viewed from a distance (as they all should be) has been must read for the past two days. I await replies there almost as much as the November confession thread over here.

Sushigod7

I need to catch up in there, Mockingbird you have given us a great gift of entertainment here! Thanks

edit: Oh god MB those PM's you sent are hilarious holy shit I'm dying over here.

I haven't sent an email yet but I'd be interested in the Akira as well. Once I get access back to that account I'll go through there as well. :p

IronRinn

Cross posting from EB. An update on my Wicker Man print:

Update 2: Received my replacement print today. Haven't looked at it yet but a look inside shows it was packaged the same as before...except the put a small, shorter tube in the middle of the rolled up print.

I have never seen anything like this, it's about two thirds the length of the outer tube and at least an inch and a half smaller in diameter. It is the perfect size to just rattle around inside. There is also a nice dent in the middle of the outer tube and the poster seems to have been allowed to expand to the full circumference of the outer tube because it won't move for shit. Good stuff.

These people can't package a print for shit.

I think my favorite thing from the EB thread is now a lot more people are aware of Puella Magi Madoka Magika.

Hey, sorry but due to potential legal issues, the akira pieces are no longer happening. Sorry to disappoint =(. There will be other commissions for Gaf in dec, but unfortunately akira and GitS won't happen.

I need to catch up in there, Mockingbird you have given us a great gift of entertainment here! Thanks

edit: Oh god MB those PM's you sent are hilarious holy shit I'm dying over here.

LOL! That wasn't me. That guy made it up. I never actually took any money from them. Whoever said "yes they would take a blind leap" received a pm from me at midnight revealing the akira prints. Only those who were willing to blind buy received the pm, so from there it played out as is.

lupinko

Since Akira isn't happening anymore, can we go back to something like Pulp Fiction or Blade Runner? Or would ugly legal issues arise again?

Rinemie

Neo Member
Sucks to hear that Ghost in Shell / Akira will never meet the light of day.
If it is any consolation, Alexander Iaccarino sneak peeked his own Ghost in the Shell Screenprint

His Cowboy Bebop one came out pretty well so I won't be snoozing on this one.

BZ4NFEfCYAAKpa2.jpg

Sushigod7

I think my favorite thing from the EB thread is now a lot more people are aware of Puella Magi Madoka Magika.

Hey, sorry but due to potential legal issues, the akira pieces are no longer happening. Sorry to disappoint =(. There will be other commissions for Gaf in dec, but unfortunately akira and GitS won't happen.

LOL! That wasn't me. That guy made it up. I never actually took any money from them. Whoever said "yes they would take a blind leap" received a pm from me at midnight revealing the akira prints. Only those who were willing to blind buy received the pm, so from there it played out as is.

Was pretty funny thread as far as the Ash prints go .....

ibpiimWZA2l1yT.gif

Sucks to hear that Ghost in Shell / Akira will never meet the light of day.
If it is any consolation, Alexander Iaccarino sneak peeked his own Ghost in the Shell Screenprint

His Cowboy Bebop one came out pretty well so I won't be snoozing on this one.

BZ4NFEfCYAAKpa2.jpg

Yeah I missed Bebop due to lack of funds at that time if I knew it was going to blow up like it did I would have sold something to get it had no idea. I'll be getting GitS would love to get it on metal.

11/29/2013:

Batman Letterpress Set by Jock

photo_1.jpg

Five 8 x 8 Letter Press prints in a custom Letter Pressed wallet. Numbered out of 150. Printed by Blush Publishing UK. £65.00.

How to buy online: http://4twenty.bigcartel.com/ @ 4 PM GMT.

12/3/2013:

A Charlie Brown Christmas by Dave Perillo

CBCSTD-FINAL_zps051759a2.jpg~original

12″ x 36″ screenprint, has a hand-numbered edition of 280, and will cost $65.

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com/ between 9:30 ~ 11:30 AM PST

A Charlie Brown Christmas Variant Edition by Dave Perillo

CBCVAR-FINAL_zpsf6053e97.jpg~original

12″ x 36″ screenprint, has a hand-numbered edition of 50, and will cost $100.

How to buy online: http://www.darkhallmansionstore.com/ between 9:30 ~ 11:30 AM PST

11/29/2013:

Venom by Randy Ortiz

417dcba1b407b6a791b0529f_533x355.jpg

Poster by Randy Ortiz. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time between 10 AM and 12 PM CST.

Halloween by Jock

b1a64fddbe2b470652945f35_533x1066.jpg

Poster by Jock. 18"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 350. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time between 10 AM and 12 PM CST.

Dr. Manhattan by Kevin Tong

1a1beeffdda3e95d499d7e94_533x800.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Sightseers by Olly Moss

31cfcc6379c102b01997412c_533x801.jpg

Poster by Olly Moss. 16"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

The Fly by Drew Millward

cd6b9dfc421297771210a7fe_533x1007.jpg

Poster by Drew Millward. 18"x34" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Lost Boys by Jason Edmiston

aaf326c090c19af50ebd6a06_533x710.jpg

Poster by Jason Edmiston. 12"x16" giclee. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by Static Medium. $50

Sushigod7

I happy to see Olly doing some other types of art and in more colors nice work! Have never seen the movie will check it out. That Ortiz is sick.

Oh wow, that's the first poster from Halloween that actually gives me the creeps. I hang something like that up and I'll give myself nightmares.

Fletcher

A little off topic, but I'm going to be PBing for the first time with the MMM print. Any tips from people who have shipped prints before? I just want to make sure they get it in the best condition in the best possible conditions. Preferred service? Preferred tubes?

IronRinn

I wish you took a photo of this!

I really should have. I just don't understand. There is a tried and true way to pack a print so it doesn't get damaged and it's super easy too. What the hell people?

Edit: Sorry, didn't read this before posting:

A little off topic, but I'm going to be PBing for the first time with the MMM print. Any tips from people who have shipped prints before? I just want to make sure they get it in the best condition in the best possible conditions. Preferred service? Preferred tubes?

Buy a roll of kraft paper, make sure it is 4-6 inches larger in length and width than your print. Fold up an inch or two along the bottom, this makes a pocket at the bottom in which to place the print. Many people will now put tissue paper to cover the lower third of the print in order to protect the surface of the print from the edge of the paper once you start rolling. Roll up the print, don't press too hard and make sure you are rolling it up straight and not at an angle. You want the roll to be smaller than the tube, but not so small that it rattles around. Make sure the kraft paper completely covers the edge of the print and tape down the edge of the kraft paper. I usually fold a corner of the tape to make a tab that allows the person to easily take it off (stole that from Mondo). Usually three, three inch long pieces of tape will secure a 24" x 36" poster. For tubes, Yazoo is the most popular but just make sure whatever you get has thick walls or, for expensive stuff, people will often use PVC pipe. If the roll is shorter than the tube, to the point that it slides back and forth inside the tube, you can pad each end with wadded up tissue paper. Tape the shit out of the end caps. I usually cross over the ends in a star pattern until the end cap is covered then wrap tape a few time around the end of those pieces below the cap.

Shipping service is a matter of opinion and region. I use UPS usually but many people hate them and have had bad experiences where they live. Many prefer USPS which, conversely, has been the only shipping service to deliver me jacked tubes so it's a bit of a crapshoot. Just make sure to insure it no matter how you ship.

Hope this helps, my apologies if you knew some of this already. As I said before it's not super hard, just take your time and you'll be good to go.

Fletcher

Buy a roll of kraft paper, make sure it is 4-6 inches larger in length and width than your print. Fold up an inch or two along the bottom, this makes a pocket at the bottom in which to place the print. Many people will now put tissue paper to cover the lower third of the print in order to protect the surface of the print from the edge of the paper once you start rolling. Roll up the print, don't press too hard and make sure you are rolling it up straight and not at an angle. You want the roll to be smaller than the tube, but not so small that it rattles around. Make sure the kraft paper completely covers the edge of the print and tape down the edge of the kraft paper. I usually fold a corner of the tape to make a tab that allows the person to easily take it off (stole that from Mondo). Usually three, three inch long pieces of tape will secure a 24" x 36" poster. For tubes, Yazoo is the most popular but just make sure whatever you get has thick walls or, for expensive stuff, people will often use PVC pipe. If the roll is shorter than the tube, to the point that it slides back and forth inside the tube, you can pad each end with wadded up tissue paper. Tape the shit out of the end caps. I usually cross over the ends in a star pattern until the end cap is covered then wrap tape a few time around the end of those pieces below the cap.

Shipping service is a matter of opinion and region. I use UPS usually but many people hate them and have had bad experiences where they live. Many prefer USPS which, conversely, has been the only shipping service to deliver me jacked tubes so it's a bit of a crapshoot. Just make sure to insure it no matter how you ship.

Hope this helps, my apologies if you knew some of this already. As I said before it's not super hard, just take your time and you'll be good to go.

Thanks very much.

sice337

Neo Member
I don't know how everyone else is making out on black friday, but I just scored an Olly moss sea saw print from postersandtoys.net.... I'm so exited!!

sice337

Neo Member
Is this place legit? Seems to have a lot of out of stock stuff (elsewhere) for very fair prices

I got a stout reservoir dogs print from there back over the summer and had no problems...and artists like ken Taylor release prints there sometimes too

Follow @Postersandtoys on Twitter they let you know when there releasing posters and there is normally random gems thrown in on days like today

suplex

Tried to get a Stout Django at P&T but it sold out during check out.

Would have loved to get that Kukuweaq, but I assume he only had one, was already gone when I saw it.

Passed on all the Mondo stuff.

Missed a Taylor Beetlejuice variant at P&T, was bummed. Got one of the Mitchell fat birds but missed the other. Poop on Mondo, so 0 for 0 on those.
All in all... I spent less than 50 bucks and am satisfied with the day's shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom