• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was intimating that flipping beta invites was more your style. It was a joke at your expense.

:)

(PS KEEP $100 READY FOR POSTER BUYING TOWARD THE END OF DECEMBER)

For you it'll be $110. >=I

I have been looking at that since you posted it looks great. I might break down and get it we don't get enough anime screenprints.

edit: nice Club Nintendo Zelda posters underneath!!

I am so surprised you recognized those Club Nintendo posters. They arrived with heavy edge damage. Hoping to get replacements. Those cost 500 coins man!

Sushigod7

I am so surprised you recognized those Club Nintendo posters. They arrived with heavy edge damage. Hoping to get replacements. Those cost 500 coins man!

I missed them I only have a couple hundred coins (just got XL Base), I'm pretty pissed about it too it's the only Zelda set I don't have. Hoping they do a restock!

12/9/2013

Woodson_Argo_archive.jpg

Argo
by Matthew Woodson
24″ x 36″
Edition of 290
$45

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

Simpson_GoneBabyGone_archive.jpg

Gone Baby Gone
by Adam Simpson
24″ x 36″
Edition of 235
$45

Danger_Town_archive.jpg

The Town
by Daniel Danger
24″ x 36″
Edition of 390
$45

Danger_TownVar_archive.jpg

The Town (Variant)
by Daniel Danger
24″ x 36″
Edition of 160
$70

Leunam

I get what they're going for with the poster for The Town, but I'm not feeling it.

Waiting for one of my prints to come back from framing, I'll share pictures when it does. Also ordered the LotR poster in the OP, from Return of the King, and I'm expecting it soon. Wish I had gotten into this sooner.

Meier

Wait, when was there a Doctor Who print and who did it? I just got into the show a few months ago and need everything associated with it. :p

It was sold the opening night of the Mondo Gallery here in Austin. You had to have a secret code word and there were only like 50 copies available. I didn't make it there in time (some people flew in and camped out for like a day) to get in on it. :(

I love the Gone Baby Gone print.

NateDrake

Yup. This is already in my apartment.

GameThronesWcardsSMALL_large.jpg

I'd love to get this one but I don't have the extra money.

Funny (and short story), but my mother was looking for Christmas gifts for me this year and she decided to look for some Olly Moss pieces. She went to the online store to find there was nothing listed and then tried eBay and quit after seeing the insane second-hand prices.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'd love to get this one but I don't have the extra money.

Funny (and short story), but my mother was looking for Christmas gifts for me this year and she decided to look for some Olly Moss pieces. She went to the online store to find there was nothing listed and then tried eBay and quit after seeing the insane second-hand prices.

awww, bummer. There are some reasonable Moss pieces out there, you just have to know which ones to target

Damn...

On one hand, those are nice prints and I really liked Stargate as a kid.

On the other hand, Stargate is an awful film and I don't even think I could sit through it now.

Sushigod7

That's not really saying much....

No need to shit all over his previous work he has some great stuff. This is the most creative Alien print I've seen for awhile.

The details on his print.

XENOMORPHOBIA (Screen-printed Version 1.0 )

24” x 36” Glow-in-the-dark screen-print

Signed and numbered limited edition of 100, $35

Printed by Seizure Palace Screen Printing, Portland OR

Inspired by Aliens.

XENOMORPHOBIA (3D Lenticular Version 2.0 )

24” x 36” 3D animated lenticular poster

Signed, and one-of-a-kind, $800

Check out an animated gif of that here: http://anthonypetrie.com/xeno.gif

For Gallery 1988’s Crazy 4 Cult: NYC 2, opening Friday December 13th, 7-10pm (on display through December 21st 2013). 355A Bowery Street, New York, NY 10003.

Also, myself and a lot of other artists will be attending a Crazy 4 Cult book signing Sunday, December 15th 12-4pm at the same address.

It's Keith David fighting Roddy Piper infront of space aliens, what's there not to get? ;)

Oh and in other news fellow FancyPosterGAF, I just got word from the Japanese Consulate, and I guess I'm moving to Japan in I think the new year! :)

Nice! You can be our eyes and ears in Japan RE: fancy posters. What city? Is this for JET?

lupinko

Nice! You can be our eyes and ears in Japan RE: fancy posters. What city? Is this for JET?

I don't know the city yet, and it's for JET, apparently the Japanese Government wanted someone who knew Japanese, go figure. =)

I was selected to be on the waitlist earlier this year, and I didn't get upgraded until now. I had until the end of this month or I would have to reapply for 2014. I didn't reapply, and was already considering a working holiday visa instead in the new year. But it's good that I held out. =)

Sushigod7

I don't know the city yet, and it's for JET, apparently the Japanese Government wanted someone who knew Japanese, go figure. =)

I was selected to be on the waitlist earlier this year, and I didn't get upgraded until now. I had until the end of this month or I would have to reapply for 2014. I didn't reapply, and was already considering a working holiday visa instead in the new year. But it's good that I held out. =)

Congrats! Doesn't matter what city you'll be enjoying that. Time to pick up some cheap Super Famicom stuff and figures if your into that.

Oh and in other news fellow FancyPosterGAF, I just got word from the Japanese Consulate, and I guess I'm moving to Japan in I think the new year! :)

Congrats! That is a great adventure just waiting to happen. My kid brother (who isn't a kid at all anymore) is applying for JET for the next intake and hoping to get on. From what I understand it's not easy to even get on their list so good on you!

12/11/2013:

The Nightmare Before Christmas Artist Proof Edition by Jeff Soto

NBCregular_zps8fcc056a.jpg~original

18"x24" screenprint. Signed and numbered AP edition of only 40 (less will be available). $100.

How to buy online: http://www.stormcloudz.com/ @ a random time between 11 AM and 2 PM PST.

The Nightmare Before Christmas Variant Artist Proof Edition by Jeff Soto

NBCvariant_zpsf6afe987.jpg~original

18"x24" screenprint. Signed and numbered AP edition of only 25 (less will be available). $150.

How to buy online: http://www.stormcloudz.com/ @ a random time between 11 AM and 2 PM PST.

Also, for some reason there's a malware warning when I try to visit this thread's front page. Anyone else?

Sigma722

Also, for some reason there's a malware warning when I try to visit this thread's front page. Anyone else?

Yes.

It looks like in fnordchans first post in the thread, he talks about a cinema over drive page, and all of the images he is linking are coming from:

Code:
www.ibiblio.org/phil/fnordchan/Overdrive/x.jpg

which chrome is recognizing as a malware distributing site.

Not sure how much he frequents this thread, but it might be worth hosting those images somewhere else, if for nothing else to avoid people seeing the malware warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom