• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

I'd be happy with it if I went to the show I won't pay flipper pricing for it though. I'm sure all the little details in person come across way better than pictures. I haven't read EB yet looking forward to seeing the meltdown.

anyone notice this
1509701_10102021644919205_1255928614_n.jpg

Trasher

Yeah. I forgot to post my picture of that. Sorry haha. I'm wondering if there will be additional Die Hard posters at that show.

Someone also said that after people were filing out of the theatre at the end that the Mondo team accidentally put up a picture of their schedule for upcoming stuff. Not sure how legit that rumor is though.

Sushigod7

Yeah. I forgot to post my picture of that. Sorry haha. I'm wondering if there will be additional Die Hard posters at that show.

Someone also said that after people were filing out of the theatre at the end that the Mondo team accidentally put up a picture of their schedule for upcoming stuff. Not sure how legit that rumor is though.

A lot of people confirmed it but no one took pictures they were afraid men in black suits would find them. Apparently two LOTR Horkeys and a Home Alone are coming. That is if Mondo wasn't trolling.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
A lot of people confirmed it but no one took pictures they were afraid men in black suits would find them. Apparently two LOTR Horkeys and a Home Alone are coming. That is if Mondo wasn't trolling.

not two LOTR Horkeys. Just the one that's been heavily rumored

santi_yo

A bit off topic, but can you recommend me a good site where I could sell my designs? I can't make physical prints, so a personalized online store may be the best option, right?

Thank you Fancy Poster GAF.

Sushigod7

A bit off topic, but can you recommend me a good site where I could sell my designs? I can't make physical prints, so a personalized online store may be the best option, right?

Thank you Fancy Poster GAF.

Society 6 seems popular, are you wanting prints or other objects with your designs?

santi_yo

orioto

Good Art™
Thanks for the link, I'm a bit lost.

wow, I really like it. It's tempting.

btw orioto, are you happy using redbubble? I may give it a try.

Thx!

About redbubble. The really nice thing is about the canvas/frame. On Society6 let's say you do 5$ on a print sold. if someone buys a really expensive canvas, you still won 5$. On RB, you have a percentage of the final price. That makes a huge difference.

The quality is also pretty good it seems.

Only problem seems to be the formats. I have a feeling they have non usual formats for their prints to sell more canvas of their own.

12/17/2013:

Witch King and Fell Beast by Florian Bertmer

99b985a4891d20e41abd3270_533x800.jpg

Poster by Florian Bertmer. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 180. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Witch King and Fell Beast Variant Edition by Florian Bertmer

b0efa7dc2c3d1cc06e6e4399_533x800.jpg

Poster by Florian Bertmer. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 85. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Acidote

That one is going to skyrocket in price in a few months and my connection is awful so I guess that won't hang from my walls.

santi_yo

Thx!

About redbubble. The really nice thing is about the canvas/frame. On Society6 let's say you do 5$ on a print sold. if someone buys a really expensive canvas, you still won 5$. On RB, you have a percentage of the final price. That makes a huge difference.

The quality is also pretty good it seems.

Only problem seems to be the formats. I have a feeling they have non usual formats for their prints to sell more canvas of their own.

Thanks for the recommendation. I think redbubble is the best option.

omgkitty

12/17/2013:

Witch King and Fell Beast by Florian Bertmer

99b985a4891d20e41abd3270_533x800.jpg

Poster by Florian Bertmer. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 180. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Witch King and Fell Beast Variant Edition by Florain Bertmer

b0efa7dc2c3d1cc06e6e4399_533x800.jpg

Poster by Florian Bertmer. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 85. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Wow these actually look like something you would see in the books themselves. Wish it was 18x24 though.

Guys! I just got my first print! :D It's an Alice print by Kevin Tong, and it's so pretty, except I don't have the means or the place to frame it.

Also, Mockingbird, that Kiki's Delivery Service piece is lovely. :)

sasari

Had this account here for an age and never really posted. I see a few familiar faces from EB here too.

Definitely put me down for your surprise too Mockingbird, it looks superb so far!

FnordChan

Yes.

It looks like in fnordchans first post in the thread, he talks about a cinema over drive page, and all of the images he is linking are coming from:

Code:
www.ibiblio.org/phil/fnordchan/Overdrive/x.jpg

which chrome is recognizing as a malware distributing site.

Not sure how much he frequents this thread, but it might be worth hosting those images somewhere else, if for nothing else to avoid people seeing the malware warnings.

While I haven't visited the thread lately, thankfully a friend of mine who does just let me know that folks had encountered malware distribution warnings in Chrome. I seriously doubt that the image hosting on ibiblio is the problem here, considering that it's a major web archive and I've been using my account there to host images for ages, but if that is what's being flagged I can remove the image links in my posts on the first page. Also, while the Cinema Overdrive film series lives on, they're no longer doing posters and their old website has died, so I removed all of those links in my early posts in case they were the problem. If any of the remaining links or images on the first page are continuing to cause malware warnings, someone drop me a line by PM and I'll try to fix things. Sorry for the excitement!

FnordChan, who's hoping to get framing for Christmas

Had this account here for an age and never really posted. I see a few familiar faces from EB here too.

Definitely put me down for your surprise too Mockingbird, it looks superb so far!

Hey, nice seeing you here!

There are actually two surprises coming up.

Here is a small snippet of the 2nd surprise. Particularly this piece more so than any others, because it's a snippet it's really quite out of context as to how the entire piece really is.

pigblowinghorn_zps39c579d9.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone here can guess the what print this is based on and who the artist is.

Sushigod7

Here is a small snippet of the 2nd surprise. Particularly this piece more so than any others, because it's a snippet it's really quite out of context as to how the entire piece really is.

I'm wondering if anyone here can guess the what print this is based on and who the artist is.

Wow that is a difficult one to guess is it Grey Fox in a toy box? lol

omgkitty

Paprika?

suplex

I decided to try for the Bertmer variant since I wanted to see it in person, but it was a swing and a miss.

Probably could have gotten the reg easily.

Kerrinck

I decided to try for the Bertmer variant since I wanted to see it in person, but it was a swing and a miss.

Probably could have gotten the reg easily.

I never go for the variant, not that confident.
Thankfully I usually prefer the reg and the lower price helps as well.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I was going through checkout but wasn't exactly rushing through it. I think my subconscious is in cahoots with my wallet.

It might be for the best. Tomorrow's Florian print is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom