• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
12/12/2013:

Highlander by Francesco Francavilla

7241753891a2070acf5926a5_533x800.jpg

Poster by Francesco Francavilla. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

a storm out of the mountains by alan hynes

4f89fa99f92f8119638ffb00_533x800.jpg

Poster by Alan Hynes. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 180. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

Yes.

It looks like in fnordchans first post in the thread, he talks about a cinema over drive page, and all of the images he is linking are coming from:

Code:
www.ibiblio.org/phil/fnordchan/Overdrive/x.jpg

which chrome is recognizing as a malware distributing site.

Not sure how much he frequents this thread, but it might be worth hosting those images somewhere else, if for nothing else to avoid people seeing the malware warnings.

Crap, might have to pm a mod. I let good ole' blackace know.

Not pop culture related but awesome none the less

Title: 'But This Is Not How It Ends'
Dimensions: 108cm by 33cm
Medium: Screen print
Material: Heritage Rag 300gsm
Edition size: 60
Miscellaneous: Signed and numbered in ascending order, hand finished speckling.
Available to purchase for £90, including worldwide postage.

Our days were a joy and night now closes in on us. There is no birdsong. No sound of traffic. All the warm cars have long gone or crashed cold. In their stead, something else has come, bringing screams and panic with it like a piercing wind. The people it kills get up and kill. Yes, now the night comes but no one will be sleeping tonight...at least I have a chainsaw.

s01.jpg

s02.jpg

s03.jpg

s05.jpg

s06.jpg

http://www.pahnl.co.uk/store/how_it_ends_print.php[/quote]

f0rk

Going to get Dr Manhattan framed tomorrow, can anyone give me some inspiration on how things of this size are usually done?

NateDrake

awww, bummer. There are some reasonable Moss pieces out there, you just have to know which ones to target

Yeah. I have a few I'm looking at but will have to wait until post-holiday spending. If the new Heroes pack is available before Christmas she would probably give me the money as a gift to place an order.

Yeah. I have a few I'm looking at but will have to wait until post-holiday spending. If the new Heroes pack is available before Christmas she would probably give me the money as a gift to place an order.

What's the price range you guys are looking at? Like jstevenson said, Moss has so much great stuff, there are options at most levels.

Dreweyes

Meier

Mondo is keeping my wallet happy.

It's been a pretty bad year for them on the whole IMO. I will go to the flat file sale next week but I don't anticipate spending much if anything.

I still can't believe I got fucked over on that Moss AP Spirited Away print earlier this year. It pretty much crushed my poster-buying spirit. :(

Trasher

It's been a pretty bad year for them on the whole IMO. I will go to the flat file sale next week but I don't anticipate spending much if anything.

I still can't believe I got fucked over on that Moss AP Spirited Away print earlier this year. It pretty much crushed my poster-buying spirit. :(

Hopefully they saved all their poster magic for this Saturday! :D

Sushigod7

Were you able to grab one somewhere else reasonably?

Although I only really started collecting over the last year Mondo has had a lot of disappointing drops but not every drop is going to be super popular etc.

:-(

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
people hating on 2013 Mondo amuse me. There were a ton of prints, and probably some clunkers in there, but sooooo much good stuff too (and with more stuff coming to finish 2013 with a bang as usual, like the rumored Horkey Two Towers, MMM etc)

I think most other folks in the poster game wish they could release 30 posters this good in a single year:

A-List Tier:
Horkey TWBB
Ansin Taxi Driver
Edmiston Mother of Dragons
Durieux Jaws
Taylor Metropolis
Jock Halloween.
PCC Halloween and Variant
Whalen Little Mermaid
Stout Shaun of the Dead
Moss Spirited
Moss Howl's
PCC Godzilla
Tong Pacific Rim
Stout Django

Very good tier:
Tong Gravity
This Island Earth
Manez V for Vendetta
Harrison Duck Tales
Taylor Man of Steel
Whalen Wizard of Oz
Jelly Bean Boogie Nights
Ortiz The Thing
Ansin Iron Man 3
Stout Drive 1
Stout Drive 2
Tong Battle Royal
Moss Les Mis
Eng Argo
Whalen Wreck it Ralph
Taylor AWIL
Taylor Beetlejuice

Rinemie

Neo Member
not feeling anything from the mondos lately. Which is a good thing.
I think the last one I even considered getting was Tong's Gravity.

A couple quick questions for EBers:
Someone listed a Stout Akira print and I'm thinking of buying it but haven't dropped that much money yet. His? feedback is good and plentiful so I'm not really worried but any tips are welcome.

Also regarding MMM: Anybody planning on meeting up? Is it fairly casual, people just hanging out beforehand?
Anyone have a +1 who can't make it, I'm looking for another ticket poster or not.

A couple quick questions for EBers:
Someone listed a Stout Akira print and I'm thinking of buying it but haven't dropped that much money yet. His? feedback is good and plentiful so I'm not really worried but any tips are welcome.

Also regarding MMM: Anybody planning on meeting up? Is it fairly casual, people just hanging out beforehand?
Anyone have a +1 who can't make it, I'm looking for another ticket poster or not.

The stout akira already sold.

Also, jstevenson and I will be there tomorrow. I'm not planning to go to any of the eb meet ups prior to the MMM. I think I'll arrive close to 6, actually. But if you want to do a small get together around then as neogaffers I'm up for it.

There is an EB meet-up on Sunday as well if anyone here is interested: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=126847 Should be fun.

Trasher

I would meet up with you fine folks from GAF. The EB crowd though? Not so much lol. Not everyone over there is so bad, but I feel like there's a solid amount of rotten apples in that bunch.

Namely jimbob and Celsius if we want to go into detail.
lololol

lol. If you guys want to meet up, look for jstevenson and I in line some time after 6 pm. Basically look for someone that looks like jstevenson's avatar. Should be easy. He's pretty tall.

Trasher

So you are getting there after 6 as well? That was the plan for me and my roommate. We are gonna have a total of four people though so the only somewhat mild concern is finding four seats together. It's not like it's a gallery show opening so I don't really see the need to get there any earlier.

Hopefully my buddy who is taking my other ticket shows up. Otherwise a certain Captain Blood is gonna be short a poster! :p
just keeping you on your toes, buddy!

So you are getting there after 6 as well? That was the plan for me and my roommate. We are gonna have a total of four people though so the only somewhat mild concern is finding four seats together. It's not like it's a gallery show opening so I don't really see the need to get there any earlier.

Hopefully my buddy who is taking my other ticket shows up. Otherwise a certain Captain Blood is gonna be short a poster! :p
just keeping you on your toes, buddy!
That's not funny.

Sushigod7

I don't visit this thread often enough to know what I'm looking at and when it'll be available. :(

If you don't immediately recognize don't know what to say. More information on it will be available this month the teasers MB has dropped is 3 prints save at least $100 dollars.

I ended up picking up the Xenomorphia GID and the Matthew Skiff Thing last night. Might go back to get a Goonies pennant.

This is one I was debating on how is it in person? It's a blue and green inks then GID?

Trasher

People on EB are ragging on this poster so much, but I friggin love it. I think they overhyped their expectations a bit too much. In the end it's still just gonna be a print after all haha. Durieux did an awesome job. It's my first print I own of his as well!

Tape is a nice touch. :)

These were printed from a real bearer bond from the movie apparently.

Bonus Tyler Stout handbill!

Back of handbill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom