• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suplex

For me, the variant didn't show up until after the tweet, maybe 30 seconds after I saw the reg. Not sure why, but because of that I had little chance. Failed on the stagger too.

lupinko

Whatever that second print is Mockingbird, I'd like it too.

I don't know if I can take my prints in the beginning with me (most likely eventually over time since my move to Japan is something I'm planning to be more permanent, so it'll go post-JET), but that Kiki would look nice in my first place over there to start. =)

Whatever that second print is Mockingbird, I'd like it too.

I don't know if I can take my prints in the beginning with me (most likely eventually over time since my move to Japan is something I'm planning to be more permanent, so it'll go post-JET), but that Kiki would look nice in my first place over there to start. =)

I can ship it to Japan, so no worries. Being in Japan, you might even be able to get it signed by the artist.

Upcoming posters for Laurent Duriuex's show at the Mondo Gallery:

Laurent-Durieux-Forbidden-Planet-Regular.jpg
Laurent-Durieux-Forbidden-Planet-variant.jpg
Laurent-Durieux-The-Birds-variant.jpg
Laurent-Durieux-The-Birds-regular.jpg

lupinko

Think they'll do a print for Her? I wish I could see it tomorrow, but it won't open wide until January 10th iirc. =/

Mockingbird: thanks!

lupinko

Fancy poster gaf, since I just found out that I'm moving to Japan on January 28 I am now in panic mode to get things done. So how and what should I do with my fancy posters for storage before I eventually come back to take them to me? Currently they are all framed.

Stout Django
Stout Drive portrait
Whalen Autobots
Perillo Cobra
Zhang Jules
Zhang Landa
Jock Dredd

Not including my film and music posters of course.

Fancy poster gaf, since I just found out that I'm moving to Japan on January 28 I am now in panic mode to get things done. So how and what should I do with my fancy posters for storage before I eventually come back to take them to me? Currently they are all framed.

Stout Django
Stout Drive portrait
Whalen Autobots
Perillo Cobra
Zhang Jules
Zhang Landa
Jock Dredd

Not including my film and music posters of course.

If these framed ones are all archival, can't you leave them framed and in storage some place? Like your parents'?

Definitely do not leave them rolled in a tube.

I would highly recommend not taking any with you to Japan nor having any shipped there until you find a permanent place.

lupinko

If these framed ones are all archival, can't you leave them framed and in storage some place? Like your parents'?

Definitely do not leave them rolled in a tube.

I would highly recommend not taking any with you to Japan nor having any shipped there until you find a permanent place.

That's pretty much the idea with the storage, and I don't really trust family right now since uhh they sometimes have the tendency to just dump or throw things away. :/

Welcome to the Fancy Poster club! Your wallet is forever screwed! lol

Haha, thanks. I think it definitely helps that I have no idea how to buy prints from Mondo. It's all a big mystery to me.

Also, this week is the best week ever in terms of print. I got a printer's proof of Steve Purcell's Tales of Monkey Island piece as well as a free Moss LeChuck print! Now the question is, how do I frame the 5x5? I heard people got frames at Target?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Same here! The Hepburn is for my wife Ninja Assassin turned out pretty cool like his idea. Was actually debating another one I'd like to get a Isometric Ghost in the Shell from him.

Haha, I was thinking of getting an isometric too! For those that read A Dance with Dragons, I was thinking (Game of Thrones book SPOILERZ! ZOMG!)
the death of Jon Snow. Would be pretty cool to see all the signs of Azor Ahai reborn.

Trasher

Haha, I was thinking of getting an isometric too! For those that read A Dance with Dragons, I was thinking
the death of Jon Snow. Would be pretty cool to see all the signs of Azor Ahai reborn.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*Show watchers beware*

This is a big Game of Thrones spoiler if you haven't read all the books!

Just helping you cover your ass in case a real casual show watcher has no clue as to what ADwD is haha.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*Show watchers beware*

This is a big Game of Thrones spoiler if you haven't read all the books!

Just helping you cover your ass in case a real casual show watcher has no clue as to what ADwD is haha.

Eh, what fallengorn said is speculation about GoT :)

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Thanks. I added more warnings for the show fans.

Got roped into a last minute meeting this morning. So I had my coworker try and get the Florian on P&T for me. No luck. ;_;

omgkitty

You are getting really good at this.

Also, this is probably the most literal interpretation of a film he's done so far.

Haha I used to post my negative views on EB but I don't post there any more, so I do it here now. I'm actually not trying to troll when I say stuff, I'm just being honest. I mean I guess it's okay, but it's nowhere near as good as his other stuff and it's not something I'd lose my shit over.

IronRinn

Haha I used to post my negative views on EB but I don't post there any more, so I do it here now. I'm actually not trying to troll when I say stuff, I'm just being honest. I mean I guess it's okay, but it's nowhere near as good as his other stuff and it's not something I'd lose my shit over.

To each their own. I'm just bustin' your chops.

12/19/2013:

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers by Aaron Horkey

16287208a40cd1133cbde4da_493x999.jpg

Poster by Aaron Horkey. 19.25"x39" 14-color screen print. Hand numbered/signed. Edition of 505. Printed by Burlesque of North America. $100

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/POSTERS_c_12.html @ a random time.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Variant Edition by Aaron Horkey

e817e96af76c52ce2c7f0e2d_493x999.jpg

Poster by Aaron Horkey. 19.25"x39" 7-color screen print. Hand numbered/signed. Edition of 245. Printed by Burlesque of North America. $200

Home Alone by Adam Simpson

318721a331479e78053b340a_533x800.jpg

Poster by Adam Simpson. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Sushigod7

Shooting for the reg Horkey seems like the details show up better. With 505 dropping hopefully it takes longer than 5 sec to sell out. Although I'm not holding my breath if anyone is adding up the total value of the drop 100k in posters will sell out in less than a minute. Pretty insane!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Shooting for the reg Horkey seems like the details show up better. With 505 dropping hopefully it takes longer than 5 sec to sell out. Although I'm not holding my breath if anyone is adding up the total value of the drop 100k in posters will sell out in less than a minute. Pretty insane!

just keep in mind that TWBB was like 450. haha

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I can't remember the exact figures, but a portion of that #'d run was only available on P&T later... so it was markedly smaller than 450 available.

We'll all still fail tomorrow, but hey...

not sure why you'd expect this run to be any different with horkey not getting a huge chunk.... plus this time you can buy one or the other, not just limited to one.

Sushigod7

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm posters by Phantom City Creative for January 7, 2014 screening at the alamo ritz.

PCC_MaskofthePhantasm_Blog.jpg

Is there anyone here that might be going that could help me get one of these? I doubt they will drop online will they?

Anybody actually dares to try and get both?

If anyone can its jstevenson or ()_listerfeend_() I have never scored double on a drop. I'm usually lucky to get one!

Trasher

I'm using the Mondo gift card strat for the first time for this drop. Hopefully it pans out because this poster is easily in the top five for me this year. I friggin love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom