• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCDBuzz

Pretty sure he's still using this guy for his framing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Framing-Devil/226825879656

I keep meaning to take some things there (I've contacted him!), but I'm a bit short on funds right now. :(

I took James' recommendation and ran with it. Doug couldn't have been cooler and the work was fantastic. Here's my stuff:

RqkKYFZ.png

xZ5yntW.png

bsJSGWA.png

dIAiJyv.png

2iNR2Cq.png

vPUERbv.png

G58yKAf.png

Thanks again James!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Strrrrrong. I saw your nightmare at some point when I was there.

Good stuff dude. Glad you liked the Devil.

And for any other LA GAF Fancy Poster people, if you need info on the Devil shoot me a PM and I'll get you his info!

Salamando

How much are you guys paying for fancy poster framing? Took a 24x36 to a framer last summer, and she quoted me around $600 for the starter archival stuff, which seemed a bit high.

Meier

I took James' recommendation and ran with it. Doug couldn't have been cooler and the work was fantastic. Here's my stuff:

RqkKYFZ.png

Thanks again James!

I LOVE that Nightmare Before Christmas print. Fantastic frame on it too. Very cool!

Oh shiiit, just seeing the Star Wars prints James had done. Those look amazing.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
That's pretty high.

200-400 depending on the glass level I'd venture.

at some high-mark-up frame shops 600 for a well done 24 x 36 isn't out of line at all. I don't think you SHOULD pay that though.

If you can find a good mom and pop shop 250-400 is more reasonable (sometimes after discounts / coupons). Though you need to be sure the work you are getting is quality and actually archival. Sometimes they may use "acid-free / archival stuff" but you'll find bad mounting and/or backing.

And some times the only way to find out is to open it up after you get it.

I can't wait!

P.s.: Did you get my last message about my final decision? :)

Yes!

Dropped the files off at the printer. Still don't have a final quote though, but was floored by the work area and the level of quality control at Eclipse. Will keep you guys updated. Took some photos of some of the work they did. You'll be impressed.

Sushigod7

Thanks again James!

Nice Kozyndan prints!!

Yes!

Dropped the files off at the printer. Still don't have a final quote though, but was floored by the work area and the level of quality control at Eclipse. Will keep you guys updated. Took some photos of some of the work they did. You'll be impressed.

Excited to see this can't wait. Also got my G&P prints today look amazing!

tm24

My Game and Print club prints came in. So hyped for them. Few more months before i have them all displayed at somewhere other than my small ass room

Meier

Was this posted in here? Bottleneck are doing a timed release of this starting more or less right now I believe (11 Central) and ending at 11:59 PM on Sunday.. can buy 1 for $35 or all 3 for $100. Each is 12" x 24".

iwGFlFKTZv2DHO_8WNW4j4lNlBz9U4qOiKRsX8M_Lh-Kt5z3u-RIj9s_z4QS_34LYfvYcdd-_clRAUQMldUnxTt-FWwfV8i9BH5dvuE2P6CKl_r8l3dkKO0jyMXq0-qv1cZXu27MaPvH4Igf23qZ2JgccrmHwk6IAXqbItbf929-P8Gw052o=s0-d-e1-ft

Was this posted in here? Bottleneck are doing a timed release of this starting more or less right now I believe (11 Central) and ending at 11:59 PM on Sunday.. can buy 1 for $35 or all 3 for $100. Each is 12" x 24".

[]https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/iwGFlFKTZv2DHO_8WNW4j4lNlBz9U4qOiKRsX8M_Lh-Kt5z3u-RIj9s_z4QS_34LYfvYcdd-_clRAUQMldUnxTt-FWwfV8i9BH5dvuE2P6CKl_r8l3dkKO0jyMXq0-qv1cZXu27MaPvH4Igf23qZ2JgccrmHwk6IAXqbItbf929-P8Gw052o=s0-d-e1-ft#https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b5c1d..._Manev_Star_Wars_Triptych_posters_600x397.jpg[]

Those are sweet, copped a triptych

Riptwo

I really, really want that Paul Shipper Blade Runner print, but I don't think I've ever bought from Hero Complex before. What are the chances that this one makes its way online?

Sigma722

I really, really want that Paul Shipper Blade Runner print, but I don't think I've ever bought from Hero Complex before. What are the chances that this one makes its way online?

Didn't catch the run size. But the odds are decent. I believe they post the sale sometime tomorrow at 1pm pst

Sigma722

I feel like I should start hitting F5 right now. Blade Runner prints will forever be my weakness.

I'd be really surprised if you didn't get it. Set a reminder for the time tomorrow, and just f5 then. It's nothing against the artist, but for most of those shows, it has to be one of the heavy hitters for people to really freak out.

I like this too:

mrplaid

Do you guys know of any artists that do similar sort of work for bands/albums? I'm looking for a gift for a friend of mine that is a Radiohead fan. Thanks!

Sorry if that was brought up earlier in the thread. Didn't see anything relevant when I searched and there's a lot of thread to look through...

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Do you guys know of any artists that do similar sort of work for bands/albums? I'm looking for a gift for a friend of mine that is a Radiohead fan. Thanks!

Sorry if that was brought up earlier in the thread. Didn't see anything relevant when I searched and there's a lot of thread to look through...

This whole thing started with gig posters really. A ton of the most popular artists got started doing gig posters.

Check out expressobeans.com and just start searching/browsing.

Sushigod7

Gigposters.com is a great resource for bands here is the Radiohead search

http://www.gigposters.com/band/2027_Radiohead.html

edit: Expressobeans still has more by just a search.

Sushigod7

Yeah, lots of stuff Shipper does (at least through HCG) seem to be open editions. My Star Trek from a couple shows back at HCG is like that.

His prints are hard to track down though once they are gone from the gallery, don't see many on EB or ebay. A few of his older ones I'd like to get both of the new Star Trek ones and the variant Back to the Future (although this is on EB).

IronRinn

Anyone here interested in a copy of Adam Sidwell's Wander? I believe this is a 3rd printing. Found it buried in my portfolio. Cost would be same as mine: $25.00.

Edit: And gone.

1/23/2014:

Voltron - Our Key to Victory by Dave Perillo

voltronvictoryfinal-fb.jpg

Limited Edition Giclee Print

18x24

Run Size: 150

Markings: Numbered

Paper: Moab Entrada Bright White

Produced by Acidfree Gallery

Officially Licensed by World Events Productions and Classic Media

Printed by GicleeToday.com

Voltron - Our Key to Victory by Dave Perillo - $75.00

Limited Edition Canvas Giclee Print

18x24

Run Size: 25

Markings: Signed and Numbered

Paper: Lyve Canvas, UV coated (ready to mount or stretch)

Voltron - Our Key to Victory by Dave Perillo - $175.00

Limited Edition Stretched Canvas Giclee Print

18x24

Run Size: 5

Paper: Lyve Canvas, UV coated, 1.5 inch deep Gallery Wrap (ready to hang)

voltronmousefinal-fb.jpg

The Mighty Space Mouse by Dave Perillo (Available free to 15 random orders of the Voltron regular edition of 150)

Limited Edition Giclee Print

5x5

Run Size: 15

Paper: Moab Entrada Bright White

How to buy online: http://www.acidfreegallery.com/voltron/ @ 12:30 OM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom