• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egnirys

That's cheating!!!!! Cause no one should've been able to guess it!

XK8SOYD.gif

Rinemie

Neo Member
Hi MB,
Glad we could finally find a printer for Paprika.
I wanted to be put in for the Regular + Variant version of it!

When the time comes can you send me an invoice for them plus the 2 MGS variants?
One more thing, I think i wrote i was interested in the Kiki's print but I think I will drop.

So the ones I'm looking to get would be these.
1x Paprika Regular
1x Paprika line edition variant
2x MGS Grey Fox (red)

Meier

I've never heard of Golden Time, but based on my google searches, I don't think my wife will be happy with me buying it. That main female. :O

Damn... I thought I said something about the variant. Oh well.

Ah, sorry! I checked the pm and it only mentioned Paprika. =(

I've never heard of Golden Time, but based on my google searches, I don't think my wife will be happy with me buying it. That main female. :O

Yeah, I suspected most people haven't which is why I didn't expect anyone to guess correctly. It's also not meant to be a gaf commission but if afterwards anyone wants a copy I wouldn't mind splitting the cost. With that said, due to the very low run of only 16 screenprint, the price will be high for a 10"X13" -- more so than Paprika.

Golden Time is from the creator of Toradora. Also, despite the fan-service on the net, the show isn't one of those shows that has a lot of fan-service.

Shit did you get my PM about it this morning?

yeah. you and rinimie were the last to get in. With that said, the variant has been up for a while. Originally it was a timed, open run but I only got 4 pms requesting it, so I made it a run of 10.

iUTfg1uXlTSxb.gif

LOL!!!

IronRinn

Man, I hate selling a print, then looking at it while packing it up and instantly regretting it.

Must...be strong. Too. Many. Prints.

Anyway, excited for Paprika!

I'll be sending out the Paprika invoices along with majo. But no shipping cost will be included. Your shipping costs will come later along with the metal gear invoices.

Sushigod7

I'll be sending out the Paprika invoices along with majo. But no shipping cost will be included. Your shipping costs will come later along with the metal gear invoices.

That actually works better for me to break it up hope you are ok keeping track of all this you have a lot going on! Thanks again!

Yayyy on the variant

Jhriad

Ah, sorry! I checked the pm and it only mentioned Paprika. =(

No worries. Went back and looked and I commented on it shortly after you posted the possibility of the variant but I think that was after I PM'ed you about the original and I wasn't clear in that post that I wanted to purchase it. Not a big deal. I'm just glad we're still getting the Paprika print.

Up now:

Little Red Riding Hood by Guillaume Morellec

Guillaume_Morellec_Little_Red_Riding_Hood_18x24_numbered_edition_of_50_40_large.jpg

5-color screenprint
18 x 24 inches
numbered edition of 30
inspired by Little Red Riding Hood
$40

How to buy online: http://nineteeneightyeight.com/products/guillaume-morellec-little-red-riding-hood

No worries. Went back and looked and I commented on it shortly after you posted the possibility of the variant but I think that was after I PM'ed you about the original and I wasn't clear in that post that I wanted to purchase it. Not a big deal. I'm just glad we're still getting the Paprika print.

Ah I see. Sorry about that. I only took requests via pms for confirmation. The edition sizes and pricing has unfortunately already been set with the printer too. But as I mentioned in my other pms, they might overprint by 1 or 2 in case there are some mistakes they overlook later. If that happens and there's an extra I'll let you know,

With the exception of firehawk12

everyone who wanted a copy of Paprika should've received an invoice. I just finished sending them all out.

For firehawk12, I will send you a different invoice later, since your order does not include metal gear.

I decided to not include majo on this invoice. Instead I will pair it together with metal gear, along with the shipping.

=---------------

Metal Gear update. I'll be talking to the printer tomorrow. They were busy this past week finishing up a project for another client, so details will be discussed tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So will the Alice (and the others coming from this Disney thing) be sold online or only in Austin at SXSW?

omgkitty

I really kinda want to go to this. I have a soft spot for Disney stuff done right. If someone just straight up copied the art from Sleeping Beauty and slapped it on a print (Eng maybe?), I'd pay oodles of money for it. It's easily Disney's most beautiful film:

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I really kinda want to go to this. I have a soft spot for Disney stuff done right. If someone just straight up copied the art from Sleeping Beauty and slapped it on a print (Eng maybe?), I'd pay oodles of money for it. It's easily Disney's most beautiful film:

Slight tangent, but if you haven't, maybe pick up The Banner Saga. They took a lot of cues from Eyvind Earle's art.

Sushigod7

I hope Horkey did the Sleeping Beauty with the Dragon all the thorns in that ending scene that would be nuts. Also really interested to see Eng's piece, sounds like we are getting at least 4 to 5 more pieces revealed (1 a week till the show opens).

Sigma722

Pretty sure I'll be going to that show. Very exciting. Have a free flight one way to Austin I believe, so I only have to pay for the flight back to kc. Win.

IronRinn

PB request for Disney show: ISO Ken Taylor Alice in Wonderland. Also must keep omgkitty's PB from entering the gallery. Offering complete set of Moss A Life Well Wasted prints to lord over jstevenson.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
PB request for Disney show: ISO Ken Taylor Alice in Wonderland. Also must keep omgkitty's PB from entering the gallery. Offering complete set of Moss A Life Well Wasted prints to lord over jstevenson.

hahahahaha. I'd probably fly out and PB the Disney show for a set of 1-6 ALWW

Yup completely agree. To this day it is probably the best looking blu ray I own.

Edit: Cross Post from the EB thread and thank god.
Postby jimbobiii on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:22 pm

By the way, went back to Mondo's press release for Game of Thrones:

Game of Thrones press release
Following the gallery exhibit, two posters will be released digitally each week leading up to the “Game of Thrones” Season 3 premiere on March 31, 2013.

Disney press release:
Oh My Disney and Mondo will release posters digitally every week leading up to the gallery’s opening on March 7th.

So there ya go - expect a lot of Disney prints this month.

Update on the Metal Gear Solid prints:

They are expected to go to print around mid-February, as at the moment they're still in the middle of printing another client's orders. I'm going in to Eclipse Workshop next Thursday to hammer out the final details.

So expect invoices for Metal Gear Solid and Majo no Takkyuubin around middle of February.

Meier

Keep in mind that the Mondo Gallery shows are fucking insane, especially one of this magnitude. Plan to get there a day early and camp if you want to get stuff easily.

Do any of you folks have any suggestions of where I could purchase fancy posters or any reputable resellers/dealers of prints like Mondo etc but based in the UK or Europe (other than the really popular online auction site)?

I'm really interested in acquiring an Olly Moss LOTR print...but I am very interested in others, I'd love to get into some of the older Mondo type prints.

Sigma722

Do any of you folks have any suggestions of where I could purchase fancy posters or any reputable resellers/dealers of prints like Mondo etc but based in the UK or Europe (other than the really popular online auction site)?

I'm really interested in acquiring an Olly Moss LOTR print...but I am very interested in others, I'd love to get into some of the older Mondo type prints.

Best recommendation is to get onto expressobeans.com. There is a buy and trade section for UKers here:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=62991

You can post a few of the pieces you are looking for and see if anyone has one that they'd like to let go. Also you can check each pieces individual product page to see if anyone has one for sale at a price you can agree with, and you can private message them and see if they'll ship to uk, and for what price.

Reputable is relative, but as long as it's someone with some posting on the site, and some feedback, it's probably safe enough.

Best recommendation is to get onto expressobeans.com. There is a buy and trade section for UKers here:

You can post a few of the pieces you are looking for and see if anyone has one that they'd like to let go. Also you can check each pieces individual product page to see if anyone has one for sale at a price you can agree with, and you can private message them and see if they'll ship to uk, and for what price.

Reputable is relative, but as long as it's someone with some posting on the site, and some feedback, it's probably safe enough.

e4fdb6ff6815cd5d056be05cd2e2e122bbea5273d383344b94e5c06966c69dc6.jpg

I concur !!!

GAF strikes again! Thank you! I have browsed the forums there but not signed up. I reckon I will sign up and see what is what. Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom