• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Tiny Kitten Teeth
file.php

krae_man

Besides the one in the OP, are there any Stargate prints out there I missed? I'm trying to look through ebay for what's out there and all I see are a pile of people selling digital photos.

I'm more interested in stuff TV show related.

Kerrinck

Besides the one in the OP, are there any Stargate prints out there I missed? I'm trying to look through ebay for what's out there and all I see are a pile of people selling digital photos.

I'm more interested in stuff TV show related.

Just go to expresso beans and put stargate in the search. Looks like there's one by Eng and one by Slater.

krae_man

Just go to expresso beans and put stargate in the search. Looks like there's one by Eng and one by Slater.

Cool resource. Thanks!

The Eng and Slater ones are in the OP and I found the Chevron 7.6 one as well but don't really like that one. Guess I'll have to keep my eye out.

People are going to be angry with Mondo regardless of their experiences with the site. They're just projecting their anger with their inability to purchase a print onto the Mondo store's infrastructure. If the store had no problems, there would be something else to complain about. That's the nature of buying limited edition items. Not everyone can have them, and those that can't will find a reason to be angry.

I'm just frustrated with the business model( if you can call it that ). I'm from a software background where everything is about getting your product into as many hands as possible. Could you imagine if adobe sold 100 copies of Photoshop and that was it?

I just don't see why 'prints' need to be limited in any way other than to create artificial scarcity. They're copies. Not even originals.

I've debated finding a large scanner and putting the Moss Spirited Away print up on the net at high res for this reason. Prints(copies) being limited is just asinine to me.

Sigma722

I'm just frustrated with the business model( if you can call it that ). I'm from a software background where everything is about getting your product into as many hands as possible. Could you imagine if adobe sold 100 copies of Photoshop and that was it?

I just don't see why 'prints' need to be limited in any way other than to create artificial scarcity. They're copies. Not even originals.

I've debated finding a large scanner and putting the Moss Spirited Away print up on the net at high res for this reason. Prints(copies) being limited is just asinine to me.

First part: Software isn't collectable. The collectable software, comes in limited editions, that end up being worth more later depending on how limited it was.

Second part: Common complaint in the beginning. The way their licencing works prevents them from printing infinite copies. Studios only allow so much. "Copies" is kind of a stretch. Not sure how much you know about screenprinting, but the process of creating these posters from Mondo is quite in-depth, and worth some research. It's part of what makes them neat. Other galleries put out limited prints that aren't screen prints, but they are still high quality.

Third part: Olly Moss has publicly said he doesn't mind if you print out his work to hang it. Hi-res versions are available here and there. Just don't sell it. That would be shitty.

My own part: Limited art has been a thing for quite some time. Seen some limited prints from dudes like picasso and others. The only thing that is causing frustration is the popularity of Mondo. This leads to the rough drops, but they wouldn't have become popular if they weren't putting out solid work.

Paprika prints are 100% done. Ready for local pick up and I can bring it to austin. If you want me to ship it before metal gear, let me know and I can do that =)

IMG955965_zps7c6ac572.jpg

Meier

Paprika prints are 100% done. Ready for local pick up and I can bring it to austin. If you want me to ship it before metal gear, let me know and I can do that =)

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr146/Celzero/IMG955965_zps7c6ac572.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Man those look sweet! I'd like to meet ya while you're here for the show but I can just wait until Metal Gear for my Paprika print since I assume the shipping price won't change necessarily.

theaface

Jeez, I need that Aladdin print in my life. What's the norm in terms of online sales when they do these special shows? i.e. Is there an online sale before, during or after the show dates?

Also, are there Mondo show equivalents for people in the UK? Thought Bubble seems to be the closest thing that I've seen, but that only rolls around once a year in Leeds.

suplex

Lion King is a must have for me.

Maybe Beauty and the Beast if the lady likes it, but we already have the Whalen framed.

Like that Kelly as well.

Show us the Horkey!

Anyone know the sizes on these? I hope some are 18x24.

Wow. By any chance did you print any extras? I feel like I want another.. seriously.

I asked for 40 prints, but the printer might've run a few extras for safety. Not sure yet as I didn't go pick em up yet. I can say you'll be a lot more impressed once you see it in person and move the paper around. It has this effect that I can't show in photos.

Edit: Metal Gear invoices will go out next week as opposed to this week since I couldn't make it to the printer today. Sorry for that slight delay =(

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
That Beauty and the Beast print is gonna be a monster (ahem) in the resale market I bet. It's an instant classic.

really hard to judge the show from that perspective. The Disney audience loves most of these properties.

Had Mondo spread these out over 2 years, I probably would've bought them all.

I'm having to be selective because of the sheer amount. If I was paying aftermarket, I'd have to be even more selective still.

teeg

Looking for anyone who is attending this Mondo Disney show who would be willing to pick up a Whalen Lion King print and trade it for a Whalen Little Mermaid regular print.

PM me if anyone can help me out with this.

3/6/2014:

Star Trek Episode 18: Arena by Matt Taylor

063a992a7ee381ce17462101_533x959.jpg

Poster by Matt Taylor. 20" x 36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Star Trek Episode 7: What Are Little Girls Made of? by Kevin Dart

fc8a88dc52b38f82df85bb25_533x402.jpg

Poster by Kevin Dart. 24" x 18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

How to buy online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

Star Trek Episode 7: What Are Little Girls Made of? Thai Variant Edition by Kevin Dart

fc8a88dc52b38f82df85bb25_533x402.jpg

Poster by Kevin Dart. 24" x 18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 85. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Meier

really hard to judge the show from that perspective. The Disney audience loves most of these properties.

Had Mondo spread these out over 2 years, I probably would've bought them all.

I'm having to be selective because of the sheer amount. If I was paying aftermarket, I'd have to be even more selective still.

Oh yeah, for sure. I just think that one really, really stands out. It's stunning IMO. I usually go to the gallery shows and only look because I'm a little reluctant to spend much but it would be very, very easy to blow through a significant amount of cash at this one.

Despite Aladdin being my favorite, I'm going after the Beauty and the Beast variant and possibly Lion King. Those two are phenomenal. Really wish I had a shot at getting them.

Sushigod7

I think Sword and the Stone is the stand out piece so far ( I love Whalen no matter what) of course the heavy hitters are still coming. Edmiston, Francavilla and Horkey. This is going to be a serious money eating show.

Paprika looks amazing by the way!! Can't wait to get that tube with Metal Gear and it.

ohkay

For me, the Whalens are the ones I'll be going after. The Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar movies, and Aladdin and The Lion King are my two favorite Disney movies.

Sushigod7

For me, the Whalens are the ones I'll be going after. The Incredibles is one of my favorite Pixar movies, and Aladdin and The Lion King are my two favorite Disney movies.

Yeah Whalen does Disney like no one. I hope we are still getting a Robin Hood one of my all time favorites.

Cheska

No joke, I'd be willing to spend a very hefty amount to anyone who can pick up an extra Beauty and the Beast print for me. Movie of forever in my eyes <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom