• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Bruce Yan piece being given to people waiting in line:
1653401_10102362156211873_848599156_n.jpg

Meier

Ya know what? Fancy-PosterGAF is getting screwed on useless line updates. Mockingbird and jstevenson have to have bought their way into at least the front third of that line and we haven't heard jack shit. This is bull.

Mockingbird texted me -- he's 138. Apparently there is no cutting in line since you have to sign up. :( I am going to leave work around 3-something today to head over.. I'll probably be like 400-500 by then, if I'm lucky!

Ratatouille is my favorite Pixar film so I really hope I can get one.

Sushigod7

lol Not a title block like all the other prints though looks like a art print of moldy cheese and a rat.

edit: That sounds mean, I don't hate it just not at all what I would expect. His GoT was so colorful I was expecting something like that. I think the text is in the cheese so not all that noticeable. The hype went overboard on this one, I'm sure it's great in person with cool details just not what I was expecting.

suplex

Man the run sizes might mean I'm out of luck on the Horkey and Moss.

275/100 for Horkey and 250 for Moss.

We shall see.

Sushigod7

The largest run is 490 on the Alice in Wonderland everything else has a pretty good chance of selling out this weekend. Hell even Taylors might be gone.

Natlebug

Neo Member
The Black Cauldron to me is the best so far. I wish I had a PB for that one :( haha any last minute takers can make a quick buck off me if they happened to pick one up!

Glassboy

ISO ansin beauty and the beast reg. if anyone coul get one for me I would be eternally grateful. I could throw $120 your way. I really want one but don't want to pay way eBay prices

Sushigod7

ISO ansin beauty and the beast reg. if anyone coul get one for me I would be eternally grateful. I could throw $120 your way. I really want one but don't want to pay way eBay prices

It may not be as bad as whats up there right now just keep watch. With as many people in line as there was more will pop up.

suplex

PB got me Lion King, Finding Nemo, and Sword in the Stone. No go on Horkey and Moss. Hopefully I'll be able to track them down for a decent price, especially the Horkey since my soon to be wife really liked that one, would be awesome to hang in the kitchen.

Question: are higher res versions of mondo prints available anywhere not indexed by google image search? I'm looking to make some computer wallpapers from them, but the released images I find are always too small.

Meier

By the way, for those who didn't see elsewhere: Moss' Jungle Book, Beauty variant, both Horkey versions and Lion King wood variant had all sold out when I finally got in at 9:45ish yesterday.

Was really sad about Moss. :(

Sushigod7

By the way, for those who didn't see elsewhere: Moss' Jungle Book, Beauty variant, both Horkey versions and Lion King wood variant had all sold out when I finally got in at 9:45ish yesterday.

Was really sad about Moss. :(

Hearing the Moss printing quality is kind of bad, like a layer or two is off. Blurry. Sounded like it was most of the run.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hearing the Moss printing quality is kind of bad, like a layer or two is off. Blurry. Sounded like it was most of the run.

I wouldn't say it's bad. It's maybe not as crisp as it could've been (comparing to ROTJ or Evil Dead). But it may be a more intentional choice to be softer. A couple had printing errors.

Overall it still looks very nice

sice337

Neo Member
Just spent $400 on olly's jungle book print from eBay... Collecting prints has officially passed being a hobby and is now a sickness.

Cheska

Has anyone picked anything up and looking to offload without paying eBay fees? Please PM ME!!

EDIT: SCORE! Just picked up Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast for a pretty reasonable price :D

EDIT 2: Damn at some of these prices :O What do you guys foresee being the biggest hits other than Moss's Jungle Book?

V_Ben

Banned
Ha, I guess if anyone's looking to offload any of the disney prints, please send me a PM. No idea what i'm looking for, but they all look lovely :)

I'm getting my daughter's nursery ready for her arrival and would love to get one of the Disney prints (especially the jungle book since that was my childhood favorite film and the theme to her room). It would mean the world to my family. Please PL me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom