• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys, get on True Detective. Its phenomenal. And the prints are super cheap so def a no brainer for me.

Now just waiting on some Game of Thrones Mr Moss

theaface

Just ordered those Moss True Detective pieces. Couldn't resist!

Been an expensive week as a also bought these Tom Whalen pieces:

Aladdin
Lion King
Hector Salamanca (Breaking Bad)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm surprised you don't already have a GoT series, moss.

Meier

Has anyone seen the Rick Kelly Sword in the Stone or Anne Benjamin Snow White in person? How are they?

Both are fantastic. The Sword in the Stone is only 18x24 so it's kinda small unfortunately but it looks amazing. One of the ones I bought personally.

Salamando

True Detective...teasing GoT...possibly a second round of Blind Bag Heroes...is it weird that I want to move, just so I have more wallspace for hanging art?

Back in Cali. It was great meeting sigma and Meier at the Disney show in Austin on Fri!

Tomorrow I have some more MGS business to take care of. Will update afterwards. Sorry the process is so long and drawn out. Hopefully invoices this week.

Paprika are all ready to go. Even hand-delivered 2 copies in Austin already =) I'll be shipping the ones that aren't combined with metal gear tomorrow.

Going through the stack of paprikas, it will be numbered out of 45, but 13 of those will be destroyed because of various errors =(

3/9/2014:

Dim Carcosa by Francesco Francavilla

True_Detective_Two_low.JPG

13 x 19 Giclee Print.
Limited and numbered edition of 146.
Signed by the artist.

All prints use archival ink on archival paper.

How to buy online: http://francavilla.bigcartel.com/product/dim-carcosa right after the season 1 finalle.

Meier

Btw, the Paprika print is INCREDIBLE! Hats off to Mockingbird (great to meet you as well!) and the artist. I was carrying it back to my car and as I walked past the line every person waiting for the Mondo show was staring at it and I overhead quite a few comments in awe. Everyone is going to be thrilled with it.

Trasher

Btw, the Paprika print is INCREDIBLE! Hats off to Mockingbird (great to meet you as well!) and the artist. I was carrying it back to my car and as I walked past the line every person waiting for the Mondo show was staring at it and I overhead quite a few comments in awe. Everyone is going to be thrilled with it.

I have no idea with Paprika even is, but that print is pretty damn nice looking.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

nice to meet you too dude, sorry about the Moss :-(

Meier

nice to meet you too dude, sorry about the Moss :-(

Ahh well, it happens. I have a habit of missing out on his stuff. First missing out on Mononoke by one person at the flat file sale and then the whole AP snafu last year. Par for the course I'm afraid. :( Great to meet you as well though! You guys are troopers for that drive.

krae_man

I'm eyeing that No TV No Beer Simpsons print but I've encountered a bit of a snare. It's 12x36 and the pre made poster frame sizes are 24x36" which is too big and 11.75'x36' which is trollishly too small.

Seriously this print is .25" bigger then a premade frame? If I buy the print, it's going to cost me hundreds to frame it. *shakes fist*

I'm eyeing that No TV No Beer Simpsons print but I've encountered a bit of a snare. It's 12x36 and the pre made poster frame sizes are 24x36" which is too big and 11.75'x36' which is trollishly too small.

Seriously this print is .25" bigger then a premade frame? If I buy the print, it's going to cost me hundreds to frame it. *shakes fist*
If you plan on keeping it forever, just trim your print. Take 1/8" off each long side with a flat matte cutter or exacto knife. I've done 4 like that. Wouldn't do this with prints of any value though, because they sure as hell won't have any when you're done.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
If it's a print you really want and have no intention of selling down the line then just pony up the cash for a custom frame. Having something that isn't the standard black frame is always nice.

Sigma722

Michaels has some 12x36 frames. Hobby Lobby doesn't as far as I've seen. They are out there though. also:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005LOCYAO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha:

Edit: Here's a list someone made on EB of stuff that sold out at the show:

Jungle Book - Moss
Jungle Book - Holt
Rat - Horkey
Beast Var - Ansin
Incredibles - Whalen
Nemo - Whalen
Lion Wood - Whalen
Sword - Kelly

Damn, I really wanted that Sword in the Stone--piece looks incredible.

V_Ben

Banned

Jungle Book - Moss
Jungle Book - Holt
Rat - Horkey
Beast Var - Ansin
Incredibles - Whalen
Nemo - Whalen
Lion King Wood - Whalen
Sword - Kelly

Hahaha, GOOD.

I'll try for a Whalen Aladdin. Maybe :/

Edit: or a fantasia... gah.

Sushigod7

Jungle Book - Moss
Jungle Book - Holt
Rat - Horkey
Beast Var - Ansin
Incredibles - Whalen
Nemo - Whalen
Lion King Wood - Whalen
Sword - Kelly

Definitely a bloodbath drop.

Metal Gear Solid by Ash Thorp Details:

Price: $50 each (or $30 if you've already made your down payment of $20). If I have to pay CA sales tax to the printer, the price will rise though... Should know whether or not I'll have to pay some sort of sales tax on the job or not soon.

Paper: Stardream Silver 285 gsm (regular) / Stardream Jupiter 285 gsm (variant). Stardream is an iconic range of mica-coated metallic papers.

The regular is a 5 or 6 color screenprint with metallic inks with a layer (maybe 2) of UV cured inks over the text, done via a UV dryer. Plus, there might be an additional layer of varnish.

The variant is a 4 or 5 color screenprint with metallic inks with a layer (maybe 2) of UV cured inks over the text, done via a UV dryer. Plus, there might be an additional layer of varnish.

Run: 80 (reg) / 80 (variant). The printer will print a few over the run. Any that is usable will be added to the signed/numbered run.

Invoice will be going out as soon as we figure out whether the printer will have to charge me sales tax or not. Invoices will probably go out this week.

The films for the screens stacked on top of each other:

1979652_10202977324135447_1365642089_n_zps7fe88b17.jpg

Outside their door:

1932234_10202974256218751_22040844_n_zps5828378a.jpg

If you want to do local pick up, let me know via PM please

Natlebug

Neo Member
That print is really amazing, great work Mockingbird.

Edit: Do any of you have issues with USPS jamming flat shipped prints in your mail box? So far they are 3/3 with bending and creasing Moss prints. I'm not sure there is anything I can do besides wallow in my sorrow. If this has happened, is it possible to contact your local post office and request they keep it there for pickup? Any help would be great, as I am expecting more in the next week or so. Thanks!

Sushigod7

That print is really amazing, great work Mockingbird.

Edit: Do any of you have issues with USPS jamming flat shipped prints in your mail box? So far they are 3/3 with bending and creasing Moss prints. I'm not sure there is anything I can do besides wallow in my sorrow. If this has happened, is it possible to contact your local post office and request they keep it there for pickup? Any help would be great, as I am expecting more in the next week or so. Thanks!

Call the local office and complain to the post master for sure or go over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom