• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy-Poster GAF Commission Project #2 -- ??? by ?????? ???

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
20. Mockingbird's +1 (Sf33)
21. Egnirys
22. BreakyBoy
23. Omie
24. chibiboy
25. Clipjoint
26. Trasher
27. Salamando
28. Awesomesauce
29. Mockingbird's +2 (MiGia)
30. ZROCOOL
31. listerfeend
32. Newjeruse
33. Filthy Slug
34. Ohkay
35. Duuke
36. Natlebug
37. Hypertrooper
38. Mockingbird's +3 MQ
39. Fletcher
40. 898
41. Leunam
42. lupinko
43. V_Ben
44. ColonelSkills
45. lastflowers
46. Dreez
47. DrAndonuts
48. omgkitty
49. BarneyBP
50. BentMyWookiee
51. Photosynthesis
52. Technosteve
53. sice337
54. Nateeasy
55. gosufailure
------------

In regards to the Metal Gear Solid -- Gray Fox re-drop for the remaining spots. I likely won't do it until after I receive them. As to how many more I'll have, I don't know. At least 7, but I highly doubt I'll have more than 20, unless every person who has yet to pay their invoices asks for a refund. In other words, it's still a ways away, since printing still hasn't started yet. I think it will start this week though.

A reminder for international: Your invoices likely won't go out until closer to mid-April.

Hey,

If you ordered Paprika but you did not order Metal Gear and have no intention to try for the drop, please let me know via pm so I can ship your order out immediately.

Sorry if this happened.It was my oversight =(

Trasher

Is there still going to be a single day with unlimited orders on a triple pack though (like before with the heroes)?
He's considering selling them as complete sets, blindbox pairings, and blindbox singles. This time you will not receive duplicates, and pairings should make sense together. The complete set will be cheaper compared to buying them individually though.

He's considering selling them as complete sets, blindbox pairings, and blindbox singles. This time you will not receive duplicates, and pairings should make sense together. The complete set will be cheaper compared to buying them individually though.

I can feel my wallet trembling in my pocket.

f0rk

OK thanks. Pairings are awkward when I already have Freeman/Snake/Chief framed together, although I have the True Detective pair coming. Maybe I'll get 3 pairs and frame 3 together with the 'partners' in a separate frame below.

Got to stay on the lookout for the drop though don't want to miss it.

Sushigod7

This is going to be a serious week for GoT fans we'll get the Moss stuff this weekend, Bottleneck online show opens Friday and then anyone else who jumps into the mix with GoT stuff. Looking forward to it even though my spending is limited!

Trasher

What I mentioned above is not necessarily set in stone by the way. Olly may still change his mind, but that was his last take on what he's planning to do with them.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
They probably won't be limited at all...except for how long they are available to order.

Ah, good.

The only issue on my end is the fact that the 8x8 square frames I got for the Heroes ones are only available at IKEA and the nearest one is 4 hours away from me and ordering online is out because shipping is super expensive. :(

Still looking forward to grabbing some prints, though.

omgkitty

You guys want a hint? Hopefully no one minds....

20060216002629!De_Chirico%27s_Love_Song.jpg

Also, I should be on the list for this commission.

LaneDS

You guys want a hint? Hopefully no one minds....

Also, I should be on the list for this commission.

I had Chirico in mind when I read what the commission was going to be, and was hoping it would be similar in style to the less vile cover. Not sure how vague I should be with these comments, but I think that'll do.

omgkitty

I had Chirico in mind when I read what the commission was going to be, and was hoping it would be similar in style to the less vile cover. Not sure how vague I should be with these comments, but I think that'll do.

Yeah I doubt the artists style will match Chirico's in any way. Would love a poster of the original artwork.

LordCanti

Yeah I doubt the artists style will match Chirico's in any way. Would love a poster of the original artwork.

Assuming that I know what we're talking about, there is a very high res version of that art out there that makes pretty excellent prints. I have one hanging on my wall.

Also, if it is what I think it is, I'm probably in. I'll hold off until I have some idea of what it looks like, but I'm excited.

omgkitty

Assuming that I know what we're talking about, there is a very high res version of that art out there that makes pretty excellent prints. I have one hanging on my wall.

Also, if it is what I think it is, I'm probably in. I'll hold off until I have some idea of what it looks like, but I'm excited.

Could you PM me the file?

4/2/2014:

Trekker by Jason Edmiston

Michael_Myers_giclee.jpg

Limited AP edition of 50, signed and numbered 11" x 14" giclee print, with archival inks on acid-free paper. The colors in these prints are vibrant and perfectly matched to the original acrylic painting. The paper is heavy and has the texture of fine quality watercolor paper. Printed by Zerofriends.

How to buy online: http://jasonedmiston.bigcartel.com/ @ a random time.

If I were to say that commission #2 is actually say....

H20 (Foorprints in the Sand) by Suzune Gin

and then later on declare it to be April Fools, would that be grounds for a ban?

LaneDS

Saw it mentioned once elsewhere, but does donation to EB get you out of "noob" status? Or is it GAF like and just a matter of posting for some period of time before the mods deem you not a bot?

omgkitty

Saw it mentioned once elsewhere, but does donation to EB get you out of "noob" status? Or is it GAF like and just a matter of posting for some period of time before the mods deem you not a bot?

Donating and adding art to the site does make you look better. Also getting feedback from a reputable member or two helps as well.

IronRinn

Fairly certain that the Noob tag disappears after a certain number of posts. If you donate, keep an eye out for the badge. if you don't get one, message a mod. The first year I joined I donated but never received a badge. Another easy way to rack up points is to add eBay auctions.

LaneDS

Fairly certain that the Noob tag disappears after a certain number of posts. If you donate, keep an eye out for the badge. if you don't get one, message a mod. The first year I joined I donated but never received a badge. Another easy way to rack up points is to add eBay auctions.

Right on, thanks. Not that big a deal, but would like to eventually have posts in the ISO forum. Will probably donate and slowly contribute in discussion and see where that gets me.

Sigma722

Just add yourself to the flipper group and then it will be replaced with flipper ;)

All domestic invoices for Metal Gear, MajoS, MajoC, Paprika, and Paprika Vars should have gone out by now. If you haven't received one, please let me know.

International has not gone out unless you don't have a metal gear order. Then some have gone out.

Long shot, But does anyone know where I may be able to find Disney type posters and prints like some of these? Trying to get art work for daughters bedroom.

sice337

Neo Member
Fancy-Poster GAF Commission Project #2 -- ??? by ?????? ???

01. Mockingbird
02. jstevenson
03. Sasari
04. Sigma722
05. tm24
06. IronRinn
07. fallengorn
08. Bii
09. theaface
10. iamalegionnaire
11. Sushigod7
12. Glassboy
13. LaneDS
14. Captain Blood
15. Cheska
16. I_Am_CC
17. Vyrance
18. Dreweyes
19. Dreweyes +1
20. Mockingbird's +1 (Sf33)
21. Egnirys
22. BreakyBoy
23. Omie
24. chibiboy
25. Clipjoint
26. Trasher
27. Salamando
28. Awesomesauce
29. Mockingbird's +2 (MiGia)
30. ZROCOOL
31. listerfeend
32. Newjeruse
33. Filthy Slug
34. Ohkay
35. Duuke
36. Natlebug
37. Hypertrooper
38. Mockingbird's +3 MQ
39. Fletcher
40. 898
41. Leunam
42. lupinko
43. V_Ben
44. ColonelSkills
45. lastflowers
46. Dreez
47. DrAndonuts
48. omgkitty
49. BarneyBP
50. BentMyWookiee
51. Photosynthesis

------------

In regards to the Metal Gear Solid -- Gray Fox re-drop for the remaining spots. I likely won't do it until after I receive them. As to how many more I'll have, I don't know. At least 7, but I highly doubt I'll have more than 20, unless every person who has yet to pay their invoices asks for a refund. In other words, it's still a ways away, since printing still hasn't started yet. I think it will start this week though.

A reminder for international: Your invoices likely won't go out until closer to mid-April.
count me in for the commissioned piece

ohkay

That's looks nice, but after hearing people say his prints don't look as good in person as the JPEG (I've never seen one of his prints in person), I'm not sure if I'm gonna go for it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
That's looks nice, but after hearing people say his prints don't look as good in person as the JPEG (I've never seen one of his prints in person), I'm not sure if I'm gonna go for it.

I like his prints, you just shouldn't expect them to be like the hyper detailed get up close type of thing, they don't work at that level. Look incredible from normal viewing distances though.

IronRinn

On sale tomorrow, Thursday, April 3rd on Mondo: Ansin/Tong: The Final Chapter:

4b4994b9f9aa0898626a9f94_533x800.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 475. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

067bd02a9e07776e3d019e3a_533x800.jpg

Poster by Martin Ansin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $75

117d2c521d5f11a0fe39915c_533x800.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

193dac383aaf8d43a25e3630_533x800.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $70

6de92fff6c6e1c9eb94848ef_533x800.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom