• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
So this was my birthday present from my wife. Yes, she commissioned Tom Whalen.

10015046_10101306554626023_1882678477_n.jpg

That... Is absolutely incredible. Your wife is awesome.

Also... I ordered the full Moss set.

I'm basically daft. Basically.

Random query, but did anyone here order a Phantom City Creative Mask of the Phantasm print back in January and get one? Haven't heard a peep since the order email and curious if it's just me.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I just bought the whole Moss GoT set.

I have medical bills coming up. I really shouldn't have.

I kind of wish it was a 24 hour sale. I almost made it.

As for jstevenson:

It's gorgeous.

kg4Ubmj.gif

JLG-

Well it's a timed set so they don't sell out. Must be a weird shop error. Keep trying or try later maybe? I just checked and it worked for me.

Yeah it was giving me an error saying the print is sold out or it's sitting in peoples carts.

After a few tries i managed to get it in my cart.

edit: bought set1 + a random single.

Bii

Yeah it was giving me an error saying the print is sold out or it's sitting in peoples carts.

After a few tries i managed to get it in my cart.

edit: bought set1 + a random single.

I thought long and hard, and was extremely conflicted if I should have gotten the full set or not. Ultimately, I went for Set 1 and two randoms. I really wanted Tyrion and Daenerys but their particular sets didn't have many characters I wanted. Hopefully one of the randoms end up being one of them, if not, I'll either to try to trade or buy for them.

Man, I've begun to build a backlog of prints that I will eventually need to frame/hang. I spoke with my significant other and she actually liked most of the things I've bought recently (especially Tong's Wizard of Oz). The only one she wasn't too fond of was Ansin's Alient variant. Hopefully she warms up to it once I receive the print as I had planned on hanging it side-by-side with Prometheus.

Sushigod7

Another Game of Thrones drop tonight Robert Bruno has a few great pieces the Joffrey one is new the other has been up awhile. I can vouch for the quality in person I have the Daenerys print on the wall already. Sweet stuff and Robert is a great guy we are working on a Bruce Lee commission if your interested PM me.

"Everyone is mine to Torment"
11X17 - $30

"The Last Targaryen"
18X24 - $55

suplex

The only Moss GoT I'm looking for is Dany as a gift for someone. I guess I could buy one random for fun and see what I wind up with, or I could just track it down later on.

Or maybe just buy the set she's in.

When does the sale end?

Sushigod7

The only Moss GoT I'm looking for is Dany as a gift for someone. I guess I could buy one random for fun and see what I wind up with, or I could just track it down later on.

When does the sale end?

Tracking it down later might be expensive she is probably one of the most popular ones you could get the set and sell the others for pretty cheap and make back most or all of the money. There are to many to buy in different sets and the complete set is out of my range right now so I gave up pass for me. Its going down today.

IronRinn

Tracking it down later might be expensive she is probably one of the most popular ones you could get the set and sell the others for pretty cheap and make back most or all of the money. There are to many to buy in different sets and the complete set is out of my range right now so I gave up pass for me. Its going down today.

This would be my suggestion as well. Buy a set at ~$65.00 or whatever, and sell the ones you don't want for ~$10.00 a pop. I feel like doing it any other way would be a huge hassle.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This would be my suggestion as well. Buy a set at ~$65.00 or whatever, and sell the ones you don't want for ~$10.00 a pop. I feel like doing it any other way would be a huge hassle.

Issue is I want a few from different sets. :(

The Heroes ones were fairly easy to buy on Ebay after, I'm hoping someone here or online will part with the few I want (Dany, Jon, etc.)

Sushigod7

The Heroes ones were fairly easy to buy on Ebay after, I'm hoping someone here or online will part with the few I want (Dany, Jon, etc.)

You can almost guarantee with GoT kind of blowing up lately as far as merchandise goes the popular characters won't be cheap. My guess is 60-100 for the popular ones the not so popular less than 50. I'm just guessing judging from the game sets. Same problem I have I want 4 characters from 3 different sets thats why I gave up.

IronRinn

This doesn't seem to be that uncommon. I know nothing about this show, but it seems that the most popular characters have been spread across multiple sets which can be frustrating.

Edit: Thought Bubble 2014 guest list. Olly and Tong on there.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You can almost guarantee with GoT kind of blowing up lately as far as merchandise goes the popular characters won't be cheap. My guess is 60-100 for the popular ones the not so popular less than 50. I'm just guessing judging from the game sets. Same problem I have I want 4 characters from 3 different sets thats why I gave up.

Well let's hope some amazing Gaffer has an extra they will sell. :)

I don't want to deal with selling 5 individual prints and shipping them all etc.

Meier

I doubt she'll go for much less than $50 individually. Your best bet is just to buy her set IMO. I doubt I'll keep the whole thing since it'll be too tough to frame them all but I figured I could definitely get back more than $8.33 each even if I sold or traded bulk amounts.

LaneDS

I doubt she'll go for much less than $50 individually. Your best bet is just to buy her set IMO. I doubt I'll keep the whole thing since it'll be too tough to frame them all but I figured I could definitely get back more than $8.33 each even if I sold or traded bulk amounts.

Seconding that, plus you can take the additional ones from the set and either gift them or sell them to essentially cover the cost.

Unrelated to that, but kudos to jstevenson's wife for that awesome gift. Not a fan of Whalen's stuff personally (I know a lot of folks here are) but the idea of getting a piece commissioned by one of your favorite artists with something (or somethings) near and dear to you, as a surprise no less, is really incredible.

Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox by Ash Thorp is scheduled to start printing on Wednesday. I believe it should be done in a weeks ~ 1.5 week since 2 colors a day can be printed. After I have them on-hand I still need to schedule a signing with Ash though.

LaneDS

Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox by Ash Thorp is scheduled to start printing on Wednesday. I believe it should be done in a weeks ~ 1.5 week since 2 colors a day can be printed. After I have them on-hand I still need to schedule a signing with Ash though.

So psyched for this.

The girlfriend and I went through the Moss GoT set and drafted for possession, because we had a really eventful Saturday clearly:

Is there anyway to still purchase one of these prints?

ohkay

Is there anyway to still purchase one of these prints?
I think he said a few pages back that he has to wait for them to be printed to see how many extra he'd have to sell before he can take orders from people not in the commission group. I don't think he said how he'd go about doing it though.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o

Matt Taylor for Amazing Spider Man 2

Apparently an exclusive for those going to the premiere @ 7 PM at a participating IMAX theatre. I thought someone else here might at least be marginally interested.

I wasn't a fan of the first movie in the series, but I do like this print as a general Spidey fan. The price is right, and good or bad, I get to see the movie too. Thinking about going to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom