• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

Matt Taylor for Amazing Spider Man 2

Apparently an exclusive for those going to the premiere @ 7 PM at a participating IMAX theatre. I thought someone else here might at least be marginally interested.

I wasn't a fan of the first movie in the series, but I do like this print as a general Spidey fan. The price is right, and good or bad, I get to see the movie too. Thinking about going to this.

This is pretty neat. I wasn't planning on seeing it in a movie theater, let alone IMAX, but getting that print for $18.50 at my local theater sounds like a good idea, even if the movie does fall short of my expectations. I can probably drag my significant other and maybe score two prints?

omgkitty

This is pretty neat. I wasn't planning on seeing it in a movie theater, let alone IMAX, but getting that print for $18.50 at my local theater sounds like a good idea, even if the movie does fall short of my expectations. I can probably drag my significant other and maybe score two prints?

These are small lithos and they'll probably have a big stack of them where you can grab a few.

LaneDS

Here's some shots of the Englert New Eden print up close:

mgKawEr.jpg

61Ywg0y.jpg

SGh6jKO.jpg

rHlX4cK.jpg

O82Ym6c.jpg

zkef8wC.jpg

When it gets a little darker, will try to get some glow in the dark shots if possible.

Glassboy

haha, I guess I don't see that, but if it's true it'd be cool.

Having a Whalen OG is pretty spectacular. 2nd OG this month along with the Roamcouch!

Dude, I'm probably just crazy but we can pretend! Is Whalen your favorite artist? Also I have a couple OGs and they really are cool to have. I have a OG from Ansin that may be my favorite piece that I own.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Dude, I'm probably just crazy but we can pretend! Is Whalen your favorite artist? Also I have a couple OGs and they really are cool to have. I have a OG from Ansin that may be my favorite piece that I own.

Tom and Olly are my favorite two for sure where I buy most of their work.

What's your Ansin OG? Photo time!

Jhriad

Matt Taylor for Amazing Spider Man 2

Apparently an exclusive for those going to the premiere @ 7 PM at a participating IMAX theatre. I thought someone else here might at least be marginally interested.

I wasn't a fan of the first movie in the series, but I do like this print as a general Spidey fan. The price is right, and good or bad, I get to see the movie too. Thinking about going to this.

Love Spider-Man and I can dig that print. I'm a little curious as to how large it is though. Can't seem to find the size anywhere.

Trasher

haha, I guess I don't see that, but if it's true it'd be cool.

Having a Whalen OG is pretty spectacular. 2nd OG this month along with the Roamcouch!

I'll leave you the honors of posting it, but how the hell did the Devil frame that so fast?! Didn't you just get it? lol

He should be posting my completed frame job on his Instagram any minute now! :p

chibiboy

Neo Member
So this was my birthday present from my wife. Yes, she commissioned Tom Whalen.

10015046_10101306554626023_1882678477_n.jpg

I also would like to say what an AMAZING gift and HUGE props to the wifey for doing that. Being 30 is a big milestone and an OG Whalen is very fitting for such an occasion. Happy belated brother!

Man.........what are you going to do for her bday?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??! She must be expecting something RIDONKEYLOUS hahaha. =D

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'll leave you the honors of posting it, but how the hell did the Devil frame that so fast?! Didn't you just get it? lol

He should be posting my completed frame job on his Instagram any minute now! :p

It was given to me framed. So the Devil had it done late last week

My wife is on her game. Whalen actually shipped the print directly to the devil so O couldn't intercept it

Trasher

It was given to me framed. So the Devil had it done late last week

My wife is on her game. Whalen actually shipped the print directly to the devil so O couldn't intercept it

Damn. She wasn't fucking around. Well the frame job makes it look even better. Congrats again, friend.

Edit: And here's my newest member of the framily!

hSRWKbp.png

Trasher

That looks great!

Thanks! I think so too!

Tom Whalen just posted this lol:
the wife of one of the maniacs who collect my work reached out to me late last year in hopes of hiring me to do a private commission for his 30th birthday. she gave me a list of all of his favorite movies/video games/music/places he’d traveled and let me pick from those what i thought would make an interesting image. knowing “legend of zelda” was his favorite video game, i chose to make link the centerpiece and distill the other information into icons that would cascade around him.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Damn. She wasn't fucking around. Well the frame job makes it look even better. Congrats again, friend.

Edit: And here's my newest member of the framily!

hSRWKbp.png

Very nice.

I'm finally moving offices, so I'll finally hang my Horkey direwolf amongst other asoiaf things. Basically turning my new office into an asoiaf gallery.

Natlebug

Neo Member
Anyone have a clue when the online sales for the solo Craig Drake show will begin?

I'm pretty sure I spotted a Cowboy Bebop print on HCG, and I really want it.

Kerrinck

Anyone have a clue when the online sales for the solo Craig Drake show will begin?

I'm pretty sure I spotted a Cowboy Bebop print on HCG, and I really want it.

Usually there's a preview sale friday followed by the normal sale saturday.
Since it seems like there will be no previews, I assume they will drop whatever is left from the gallery saturday,

theaface

Ugh. :-(

The EBer I'd bought the Whalen 'Frozen' print from just messaged me to tell me Mondo had refunded him, so no print for me. In fairness to him, he's processed my refund immediately but it's still enormously frustrating as this was the third and final print I was waiting on before I framed and hung 3 Whalen Disney prints.

I don't suppose any fancy poster gaffers have copies that they're willing to part with? Happy to pay a fair going rate. PM me if interested.

omgkitty

The EBer I'd bought the Whalen 'Frozen' print from just messaged me to tell me Mondo had refunded him, so no print for me. In fairness to him, he's processed my refund immediately but it's still enormously frustrating as this was the third and final print I was waiting on before I framed and hung 3 Whalen Disney prints.

I don't suppose any fancy poster gaffers have copies that they're willing to part with? Happy to pay a fair going rate. PM me if interested.

Not to make you feel worse, but that sounds like a lie. If there was a refund, it would almost 100% have happened right after the drop, and as far as I've heard, it's been a while since Mondo has had to refund. He probably saw the prices and decided to keep it or flip it. Sorry :(

theaface

Not to make you feel worse, but that sounds like a lie. If there was a refund, it would almost 100% have happened right after the drop, and as far as I've heard, it's been a while since Mondo has had to refund. He probably saw the prices and decided to keep it or flip it. Sorry :(

I don't doubt it, I just don't know why he's waited til now to tell me. If my money's sat in his account, he's accrued negligable interest, and the price I'd paid him was already the flipped aftermarket price anyway. The extra aggravating thing is that someone else I'd already done business with before had managed to secure me a copy for the same price, but I told him not to worry as I'd agreed terms with the first guy.

Yeah... double ugh.

Kerrinck

I could be wrong but Mondo's refunds usually happen as soon as the drop is over. Never saw a refund happening after most of the prints have shipped already.

Clipjoint

Sucks to hear that happened to you. I have the Whalen 'Frozen' print on the way, but I'm not super attached to it. I might be willing to part ways with it. PM me and we can talk.

IronRinn

As others have pointed out, that is some shady bullshit. Price seems to be on the rise at the moment, as people get the print in hand. Cheapest right now on EB seems to be a dude selling for $160.00.

Edit: Fancy-PosterGAF to the rescue!?

Clipjoint

Aaaaand USPS just dropped it off. I'm not opening it because I'm sure I'll fall in love when I see it in person. I feel like a surrogate mother here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom