• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaface

Aaaaand USPS just dropped it off. I'm not opening it because I'm sure I'll fall in love when I see it in person. I feel like a surrogate mother here.

Haha. Think of it like pandora's box, wherein only bad things lurk. I've sent you a PM, so we'll see how we go from there.

IronRinn

Jstevenson with the cockblock. Ice cold, dude.

Edit: Looks like the most we're going to get as far as previews for the Craig Drake solo show?

1554603_511944628916421_6280561483362645869_n.jpg

Edit 2: Just noticed the unintended wordplay in my snarky response to jstevenson. Ye gods, what has this place done to me?

Sigma722

Jstevenson with the cockblock. Ice cold, dude.

Edit: Looks like the most we're going to get as far as previews for the Craig Drake solo show?

1554603_511944628916421_6280561483362645869_n.jpg

Edit 2: Just noticed the unintended wordplay in my snarky response to jstevenson. Ye gods, what has this place done to me?

We also have this:

5Vurl7M.jpg

I'm excited for the bebop, but keeping my expectations low.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Aye. From one person who got a Whalen for his 30th birthday to another who wants to get a Whalen just before his 30th birthday... where's the love?

let me know if your deal falls through. I still have an AP coming, and once that's safely in hand I'll probably sell my reg

theaface

let me know if your deal falls through. I still have an AP coming, and once that's safely in hand I'll probably sell my reg

Thank you, will do. Congrats on your wife's commission, by the way. I know my other half is planning something special for my big 3-0, but I don't see it topping that!

Trasher

So I think I'm going to this Drake show. It opens at 4 which means I can go since I work nights. Although it's hard to PB for a show that doesn't have any full reveals haha.

Natlebug

Neo Member
Yeah I have a guy texting me a picture of the Cowboy Bebop print just in case.

You're so lucky... Tomorrow when the online sale begins, I'll be in firefighter school. I hope the Cowboy Bebop print is part of a large run. Definitely don't want to miss out on that.

Edit: Mick Minogue has released another GoT battle damaged character to add to his set. Tyrion Lanniester with Betrayed Facial Damage.

It is up for auction on the link below...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321374296396?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

Trasher

So I got a damaged print from Ltd (the Drake Dany one that took a long time to ship because they had to send it over to him to get signed and then back again). The tube had a pretty sizable dent in the center of it, and it got the print pretty good to where it shows up on both sides (left and right) of the print. You can physically feel the dent of it when you run your fingers over it. Should I contact the gallery? Or that's just how it goes sometimes? I've never received something damaged because of shipping before. I wish they would have used a Yazoo tube. :(

AfMKS2d.jpg

omgkitty

So I got a damaged print from Ltd (the Drake Dany one that took a long time because they had to send it over to him to get signed and then back again). The tube had a pretty sizable dent in the center of it, and it got the print pretty good to where it shows up on both sides (left and right) of the print. You can physically feel the dent of it when you run your fingers over it. Should I contact the gallery? Or that's just how it goes sometimes? I've never received something damaged because of shipping before. I wish they would have used a Yazoo tube. :(

AfMKS2d.jpg

Contact the gallery. They should have extras to replace messed up prints, or they could at least refund you.

So I got a damaged print from Ltd (the Drake Dany one that took a long time to ship because they had to send it over to him to get signed and then back again). The tube had a pretty sizable dent in the center of it, and it got the print pretty good to where it shows up on both sides (left and right) of the print. You can physically feel the dent of it when you run your fingers over it. Should I contact the gallery? Or that's just how it goes sometimes? I've never received something damaged because of shipping before. I wish they would have used a Yazoo tube. :(

AfMKS2d.jpg

Contact

Craig Drake just let me know that I should be very pleased with his solo show. So, if you any of you guys are into anime prints, I recommend going today. #MakotoKusanagi #MaybeMikasaAckerman?

Shit, GitS and Cowboy Bebop. Need online.
edit: no mention of the Stephen King collection last month, if so I missed it. Well, at least one more +1 ISO to add to the list.

Kerrinck

Craig Drake just let me know that I should be very pleased with his solo show. So, if you any of you guys are into anime prints, I recommend going today. #MakotoKusanagi #MaybeMikasaAckerman?

Awesome, he's pretty good at drawing females while his male renditions usually leave me underwhelmed (Neo and Deckard).Can't wait for this show.

Sigma722

When and where are those Drake pieces going to be available online? Curious about the Bebop one based on the tease.

It will be a good idea to keep an eye on their twitter, as it sounds like something will be going up for sale online before the sale this weekend.

Trasher

In line at the Drake show, but they are still waiting for prints to be delivered to hang first apparently. Ugh! Gotta go to work soon.

Dear Fancy Poster Gaf, I would love to get my hands on one of the original Apple 'Think Different' posters, specifically the black and white Jim Henson one with Kermit on his shoulder. Any ideas as to where I might be able to source it other than that famous online auction house.

I dont think there are any on Expressobeans and I know this is not strictly an art print but it is a fancy poster, and you lot are a great and helpful bunch so thought I'd at least ask.

You know I'd even settle for a hi res digital version if anyone could point me in the right direction...I would love a real original one though...real and original is always better, right?

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Bruce Lee is the piece of the show so far nailed it amazing. The major's face seems off on GitS.

Yeah I hadn't seen that Bruce Lee when I posted, that's really nice too.

As for the Major, despite knowing the more sexualized intent of Shirow in the manga, I've always been partial to the slightly more androgynous take on the character some artists use. Maybe that's not what Craig Drake was going for, but it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom