• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MB, did you get my PM about updating my invoice?

yes. just now. sorry for the late reply.

All the prints are signed/numbered, even the ones that can't be sold due to damages.

The run is 116 for the silver and 129 for the variants. Of the silvers 1 of the 116 isn't fit to sell and 10 of the variants isn't fit to sell due to minor corner dings. Though I know a few corners got damaged in transit so the numbers might've changed.

Ash got I believe 18 copies of each for his friends and families. And I think 5 of each will be given to the printers.

I actually only ordered 100 copies of each so 16 of the silvers and 29 of the variants were extras given to me by the printer.

There are no artist proofs, printers proofs, or HCs of any kind. The copies given to ash and the ones I will give to the printer are all out of this signed/numbered run. There is one signed error print that was done on the wrong paper though.

And that is every copy of this print.

The same applies to Paprika and Majo S, by the by.

Paprika there are only 45 including error prints.
Majo S is only 25
Majo C is only 7.

Sushigod7

That's why I'm asking which one he prefers.

I can't read =(

This tube is going to be amazing can't wait to get it. Thank you for all the personal time you have put into this one MB you have really gone above and beyond for this commission. From what I've seen and heard in other commissions no one has done this much to make sure things ran this smoothly.

This tube is going to be amazing can't wait to get it. Thank you for all the personal time you have put into this one MB you have really gone above and beyond for this commission. From what I've seen and heard in other commissions no one has done this much to make sure things ran this smoothly.

Actually, since I haven't shipped yet, not sure if it's going to be smooth or not. These will be going out slowly starting on Thursday. It will take probably 2~3 weeks to get them all out because I can't have that many tubes in my place at once. So there is that...

6/4/2014:

Confectionary Kaiju by Tom Whalen

TomWhalen-product_1024x1024.png

screenprint
12 x 36 inches
approx. 150-200 per city & online. $35

How to buy online: http://shop.ghostbusters30th.com/products/tom-whalen-1 at 2:30 PM ET / 11:30 AM PT

IronRinn

The run is 116 for the silver and 129 for the variants. Of the silvers 1 of the 116 isn't fit to sell and 10 of the variants isn't fit to sell due to minor corner dings. Though I know a few corners got damaged in transit so the numbers might've changed.

Aw yeeeeeeeeeeeah, got that rarer edition. Enjoy the ROI on your variants, suckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers. #fliplife

Allforce

Did anyone buy that Tom Whalen Terminator 2 print from Mondo today who may have second thoughts? I'd love to get that at a reasonable price for your time and effort if you're interested in selling it.

I've got nothing but positive feedback here at GAF in the Buy/Sell thread among other sites (blu-ray.com, ebay, etc).

Bii

Aw yeeeeeeeeeeeah, got that rarer edition. Enjoy the ROI on your variants, suckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers. #fliplife

Ah yeah! Superior rarer version confirmed! *high five*

Did anyone buy that Tom Whalen Terminator 2 print from Mondo today who may have second thoughts? I'd love to get that at a reasonable price for your time and effort if you're interested in selling it.

I've got nothing but positive feedback here at GAF in the Buy/Sell thread among other sites (blu-ray.com, ebay, etc).

I could have PB'd for you had you posted earlier. I thought about getting it but it's not something that I would personally hang up on my wall.

yes. just now. sorry for the late reply.

All the prints are signed/numbered, even the ones that can't be sold due to damages.

Ash got I believe 18 copies of each for his friends and families. And I think 5 of each will be given to the printers.

I actually only ordered 100 copies of each so 16 of the silvers and 29 of the variants were extras given to me by the printer.

There are no artist proofs, printers proofs, or HCs of any kind. The copies given to ash and the ones I will give to the printer are all out of this signed/numbered run. There is one signed error print that was done on the wrong paper though.

And that is every copy of this print.

The same applies to Paprika and Majo S, by the by.

Paprika there are only 45 including error prints.
Majo S is only 25
Majo C is only 7.

As always, awesome work can not wait to see this badboy in person!!

Besides Technosteve and Crazypanda85 is there anyone else that may have had an address change or needs for me to verify their address?

Had a close call just now about shipping to the wrong place. I might've forgotten so please send another message. Thanks!

Jhriad

The more I see that Metal Gear print the more I like it. Should've bought one when I had the opportunity. :D

Nice work again Mockingbird. Looking forward to the reveals for future commissions.

The more I see that Metal Gear print the more I like it. Should've bought one when I had the opportunity. :D

Nice work again Mockingbird. Looking forward to the reveals for future commissions.

There are still enough copies to go around if you still want one. Just send a pm.

nijkap

Neo Member
Should we expect a reply if we are successfully able to get one? Or are you just gathering all pms for the time being?

umbra

These two have my vote:

hxKx8xM.jpg

utNJCTY.jpg

I have to agree on those two looking amazing, though along with the nice background with Akari style, I also wouldn't mind something with more characters like this one

uH4hRDc.png

In general I guess the most important aspects to me are that the backgrounds be great and, a close second, that the characters also look good/accurate.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It seems like people like the idea of a mid-shot with the characters in the foreground somewhere, which works for me. Anyone have any particular artists in mind? Looking at the pictures again, I'm not sure if I prefer the pencil stye look over the painterly look any more. I like that one is very clean, but perhaps it's too clean.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Painting, preferably with no outlines.

Best would be watercolor but how many affordable weeaboo watercolor artists out there available for commission?

Probably not that many.

It seems like people like the idea of a mid-shot with the characters in the foreground somewhere, which works for me. Anyone have any particular artists in mind? Looking at the pictures again, I'm not sure if I prefer the pencil stye look over the painterly look any more. I like that one is very clean, but perhaps it's too clean.

Hm... I like this kind of style:

With the painterly background and the more pencil style character.

Best would be watercolor but how many affordable weeaboo watercolor artists out there available for commission?

Probably not that many.

u can go to anime cons and find cheap cheap artists straight out of art school

Besides Technosteve and Crazypanda85 is there anyone else that may have had an address change or needs for me to verify their address?

Had a close call just now about shipping to the wrong place. I might've forgotten so please send another message. Thanks!

How long is this expected to take to ship? I'm moving at the end of the month so maybe it makes more sense to ship it to my girlfriend's place? Let me know and I'll pm you her address.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Probably not that many.
We're one step away from a Banksy commission, aren't we?? lol

Hm... I like this kind of style:
With the painterly background and the more pencil style character.
Looking at his other work, it looks like he took some Venice photos and filtered it as a background. Also, he seems to do a lot more... adult images when it comes to characters from other franchises. lol

How about we consider these guys:
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=298986
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4906112 (he's Chinese, but I assume from his profile that he's bilingual and can speak Japanese as well)
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2340902

And as a last resort, N? lol

What do you guys think?

Looking at his other work, it looks like he took some Venice photos and filtered it as a background. Also, he seems to do a lot more... adult images when it comes to characters from other franchises. lol

Ah, I was just talking about the style, not that we should necessarily go for that artist.

How long is this expected to take to ship? I'm moving at the end of the month so maybe it makes more sense to ship it to my girlfriend's place? Let me know and I'll pm you her address.

Yes, it would. Because even then, since for you it's international, it might take a while to arrive should I send it out today via first-class.

umbra

How about we consider these guys:
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=298986
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=4906112 (he's Chinese, but I assume from his profile that he's bilingual and can speak Japanese as well)
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2340902

Those look good to me, though I would prefer either of the first two artists since the third one seems to focus more on the characters without putting as much attention to the backgrounds in general... though I do like this one by him.

30954353_m.jpg

I hope you got my (very delayed) response. Thank you again MB for creating an awesome commission for us. This print will hold a special place in my small but growing collection.

Good luck to everyone going for Mondo-Con tickets tomorrow.

I've got work and unavoidable, actually important meetings so we'll see how it goes :-(

Hoping to meet some of you fools!

I wish more things would happen in my neck of the woods (Southeast). I would love to make a trip of this to go to Mondo-Con but my daughter is due any moment now (yay!) and between that and work, I can't do it. Maybe next year, if this year's con goes well.

Sushigod7

I wish more things would happen in my neck of the woods (Southeast). I would love to make a trip of this to go to Mondo-Con but my daughter is due any moment now (yay!) and between that and work, I can't do it. Maybe next year, if this year's con goes well.

Congrats on the baby!! Way more important than some printed paper.

Congrats on the baby!! Way more important than some printed paper.

Thanks Sushi! Yeah, I would give away any print for the ability to nurture and take care of my little one. It's one of the most important moments of my wife and my life. Still sad that I wasn't able to get our daughter's nursery that Jungle Book Moss print ;)

Meier

Bought a ticket for day 1 only. $70 is too rich for my blood.

Hopefully there isn't something supremely awesome on day 2.. if I miss out on a Moss or something at a live thing AGAIN I'll cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom