• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first Tomer Hanuka print I've been disappointed in. It doesn't "feel" like his work to me for some reason. Its hard for me to define but I look at it and it could be someone else's work whereas his previous stuff is immediately identifiable as uniquely his. Ah well, I'll just wait for the next poster.

Also, is it just me or has Mondo kind of been hit and miss with there last few releases? Its certainly a matter of personal taste but I haven't been too impressed with the last few posters.

Meier

This is the first Tomer Hanuka print I've been disappointed in. It doesn't "feel" like his work to me for some reason. Its hard for me to define but I look at it and it could be someone else's work whereas his previous stuff is immediately identifiable as uniquely his. Ah well, I'll just wait for the next poster.

Also, is it just me or has Mondo kind of been hit and miss with there last few releases? Its certainly a matter of personal taste but I haven't been too impressed with the last few posters.

They've had a pretty poor 2014 all told. Hopefully SDCC and beyond is a turning point.

Sushigod7

Maybe they'll finally announce the Iron Giant "Not a poster" thing they teased in May.

I hope that the figure is available at more than just the upcoming cons I have no way to get it. But knowing Mondo it probably is a exclusive and they will screw the rest of the fans.

Risible

Posted this over at EB but figured I'd mention it here. I'm selling my Horkey Ruse, it's a rare one and it rarely goes up for sale. Truly a beauty, but it's time to sell it on. Asking $400 plus shipping/insurance.

lupinko

I'm just in a line right now at ikea, just picking up two 19 3/4 x 27 1/2 frames.

I'll come back later, but it sucks that I don't have exact or even approximate choices.

I miss having a Michaels and abusing their 50% weekly coupons on frames. :/

I'm slightly amused tho at the local Japanese shoppers. This is actually a newly opened Ikea too, maybe that's why.

Sushigod7

I'm just in a line right now at ikea, just picking up two 19 3/4 x 27 1/2 frames.

I'll come back later, but it sucks that I don't have exact or even approximate choices.

I miss having a Michaels and abusing their 50% weekly coupons on frames. :/

I'm slightly amused tho at the local Japanese shoppers. This is actually a newly opened Ikea too, maybe that's why.

Thats good you have an Ikea though at least they have some sizes you can use. How is life in Japan treating you?

lupinko

Thats good you have an Ikea though at least they have some sizes you can use. How is life in Japan treating you?

Oh it's alright, I'm guessing used to it now. I saw the Pokemon movie on Saturday which was really awful but went to get my Event Pokemon Diancies.

It's a holiday on Monday and my students are now on summer break. I'm going to watch Marney (new Ghibli movie) and All You Need Is Emily Blunt since Japan got it late.

The movie uses the original novel title unlike the western release.

I'm divvied, I don't know what to frame first, either fox, paprika or Kiki. :x

Sushigod7

Oh it's alright, I'm guessing used to it now. I saw the Pokemon movie on Saturday which was really awful but went to get my Event Pokemon Diancies.

It's a holiday on Monday and my students are now on summer break. I'm going to watch Marney (new Ghibli movie) and All You Need Is Emily Blunt since Japan got it late.

The movie uses the original novel title unlike the western release.

I'm divvied, I don't know what to frame first, either fox, paprika or Kiki. :x

Fox man! I have the same problem I need more frames need to go grab some soon!!

Has there been any news on the GoT Olly Moss prints recently?

I think somewhere I read they are about done with printing? I can't remember where probably should be shipping in the next month.

lupinko

Fox man! I have the same problem I need more frames need to go grab some soon!!

I ended up going with Kiki and Paprika, so Foxes have to wait. :/

Hey mockingbird can we get a When Marnie Was There print? I just got back from the movie tonight, and aw man such feels.

It's the new Ghibli movie that's based on a Brit novel I think or something, so if you've read the novel then it's the same but moved to Japan.

Sushigod7

I ended up going with Kiki and Paprika, so Foxes have to wait. :/

Hey mockingbird can we get a When Marnie Was There print? I just got back from the movie tonight, and aw man such feels.

It's the new Ghibli movie that's based on a Brit novel I think or something, so if you've read the novel then it's the same but moved to Japan.

Can't go wrong with those either! I'm excited to see Marnie seems like a lot of love for it already.

lupinko

And since I have horrible luck with mondo and now that I live in Japan, I'll have zero chance (since Mondo is barred from selling Ghibli stuff to Japan). Any gaffers want to help me out on a future Marnie mondo print if it were to be made?

Sushigod7

And since I have horrible luck with mondo and now that I live in Japan, I'll have zero chance (since Mondo is barred from selling Ghibli stuff to Japan). Any gaffers want to help me out on a future Marnie mondo print if it were to be made?

I think their license/agreement ran out I don't think you have to worry.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Toy news: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/07/21/mondo-pop-culture-toys-exclusive/12937471/

The first wave of toys will be on display this week at Mondo's booth at Comic-Con in San Diego beginning Wednesday, including a 16-inch figure of the central robot from The Iron Giant, a vinyl figure based on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman's first drawing of a Ninja Turtle, a "Lil Mikey" vinyl figure based on a Mondo TMNT poster by artist Mike Mitchell, and a sixth-scale action figure of legendary director Alfred Hitchcock.

Ishmael hopes to have preorders for all the toys up on the redesigned Mondo website in August and September, and have them in fans' hands by Christmas.

IronRinn

For those who don't feel like clicking:

1405952085000-Mondo-IG1.jpg

1405952272000-LilMikey-Press-717.jpg

Iron Giant looking good.

Unrelated: Received my Gravity lp today and managed to land a variant. That's two so far (ParaNorman being the first.)

Fletcher

I really like his quote where he says that he wants to be the McFarlane toys of this generation. Old McFarlane toys were so rad and I was just thinking about them the other day. I'm 100% on board with some rad ass toys.

LaneDS

Ugh, want those Mousers and (obviously) that Iron Giant.

The USA Today article about it suggest the figure will see wider release. 16 inch figure! That's awesome.

Edit: Didn't even notice the Mitchell figure, that's awesome too.

I really like his quote where he says that he wants to be the McFarlane toys of this generation. Old McFarlane toys were so rad and I was just thinking about them the other day. I'm 100% on board with some rad ass toys.

Seriously. I would love a McFarlane toys of this generation. I remember going to Babbage's way back when and browsing the toy shelf while shopping for video games.

Natlebug

Neo Member
My copy of Delort's Nosferatu Variant showed up yesterday. I'll try to get a picture up later. There is more detail than the jpeg has. I think it looks amazing. It would be nice to have a regular next to it to see the differences. But either way it's an amazing print and I'm excited to see what else Black Dragon Press will have to offer.

IronRinn

Y'all are lazy (or prepping for SDCC)

Available today, Tuesday, July 22, on Mondo: Mood Indigo by Landland:

c4633dff207ccb8c8a9c1668_533x712.jpg

18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 145. Printed by Landland. $40

Had not heard of the movie but that's a pretty nice looking print.

Meier

Where could I get an 8 inch by 25 inch frame?

I have no clue how readily available something like this would be, but I see some on sale at Amazon so Ikea or Hobby Lobby may have something available. The dimensions for one via Amazon say: Fits 8x25 Photos! Actual Frame size is 8.75 x 25.75).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I have no clue how readily available something like this would be, but I see some on sale at Amazon so Ikea or Hobby Lobby may have something available. The dimensions for one via Amazon say: Fits 8x25 Photos! Actual Frame size is 8.75 x 25.75).

Thanks for your help! Yeah, its a peculiar size

IronRinn

Not surprised by the price on the Iron Giant; about in line with Sideshow or 3A.

Edit: 1/6th TMNT stuff, huh? Interesting.

Edit 2: It's pretty crazy to see how big this company is getting.

Edit 3: I mean, for now the pricing makes sense. We don't even know who is making the toys for Mondo. It's not going to fly, though, if Ishmael's intention is to make them the next McFarlane Toys.

Sigma722

so apparently there will be another video game poster at comic con eh. That's interesting. James know anything about that?

And all the other posters will be for new properties except for one? That's crazy!

lupinko

Y'all are lazy (or prepping for SDCC)

Available today, Tuesday, July 22, on Mondo: Mood Indigo by Landland:

c4633dff207ccb8c8a9c1668_533x712.jpg

18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 145. Printed by Landland. $40

Had not heard of the movie but that's a pretty nice looking print.

That director did Chappelle's Block Party and Be Kind Rewind as well as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Looking at reviews, it's not as good as the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom