• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

$250 on eBay already, surprising no one. Woooof.

Glassboy- I share your enthusiasm for Mondo doing game prints. Based on nothing at all I feel like we have jstevenson to thank at least a little bit.

IronRinn

Francavilla_StarLord_Variant_Final.jpg

Francavilla.

ohkay

Mondo doesn't do shit for months and they finally decide to up their game for SDCC where most people can't get the prints. Typical. Justin sure does love an event.
Yeah, it sucks having to go to the secondary to buy their good output. I think I've bought one print from them that was an online only drop this year, and from SDCC alone there's 3 prints that I want so far. I guess that's the nature of the game from here on out.

IronRinn

No surprise that the stuff they would bring to a con would be the stuff that would go over well, here especially. They're not going to bring prints for obscure films to SDCC.

On a related note, both of the GotG prints for today are pretty mediocre:

i3HSfJll.jpg

Phantom City Creative

Mondo-Gamora-GOTG-Poster.jpg

Vance Kelly

Yeah, it sucks having to go to the secondary to buy their good output. I think I've bought one print from them that was an online only drop this year, and from SDCC alone there's 3 prints that I want so far. I guess that's the nature of the game from here on out.

This Is the natural result of limited edition art copies. Less money for the artist/mondo, more money for the secondary market, and less people enjoying the art.

ohkay

This Is the natural result of limited edition art copies. Less money for the artist/mondo, more money for the secondary market, and less people enjoying the art.
It's not the limited edition aspect I'm complaining about, it's the fact that Mondo's good prints this year have mostly been event exclusive.

It is nice on the wallet though since I seem to be buying less lately.

It's not the limited edition aspect I'm complaining about, it's the fact that Mondo's good prints this year have mostly been event exclusive.

It is nice on the wallet though since I seem to be buying less lately.

Yea, But I guess I'd argue that they're only event exclusive if they sellout due to a small run-size that does not meet demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom