• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreweyes

I FINALLY got my Game of Thrones "North of the Wall" print framed. Went with a wonderful aged wood frame.

Now to just find a spot to put it!

xzQuM42h.jpg

I still need to frame mine, this looks beautiful! Mind if I ask where you got that frame? :)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Still waiting on my Tommy Good order. They emailed today and said order had been sent back to them and they nor the postal office know why.

They're going to send it back out and have put another poster in as a good will gesture, so can't complain.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Still waiting on my Tommy Good order. They emailed today and said order had been sent back to them and they nor the postal office know why.

They're going to send it back out and have put another poster in as a good will gesture, so can't complain.

It's always nice when galleries/sellers go out of their way to have great customer service. It certainly makes me more likely to buy from them, which is why I keep going back to Bottleneck.

IronRinn

Arcadium is going to be selling some Bisser originals sometime this week. There will also be 25 signed line art screenprints of Hunger available, $100.00 apiece. All proceeds from those will go to Unicef's Nepal relief fund.

IdBwLAb.jpg

IronRinn

"The Record Store" by Dave Perillo, available Friday, May 22nd from Dark Hall Mansion. Print is a 6 color screenprint (3 of which are metallics on the variant) and measure 20" x 28".

P-BeatlesSTD_zpsf9o5cvl4.jpg

Standard paper hand-numbered edition of 280: $65.00

Foil hand-numbered edition of 10 (based on Std colorway): $150.00

P-BeatlesVARian_zpstlh7iklk.jpg

Variant paper hand-numbered edition of 50 (with metallic ink highlights): $100.00

Foil hand-numbered edition of 10 (based on Variant colorway/with metallic ink highlights): $150.00

omgkitty

Really wish DHM would do more with The Beatles license. They've done this, two different Whalen sets which were way too expensive and an amazing Alex Ross print that was like 8 feet long and hugely impractical. You would think it wouldn't be that hard to find someone who could really knock a Beatles print out of the park, but I guess I'm wrong. They should find whoever did the amazing The Beatles Rock Band intro to do something.

IronRinn

Really wish DHM would do more with The Beatles license. They've done this, two different Whalen sets which were way too expensive and an amazing Alex Ross print that was like 8 feet long and hugely impractical. You would think it wouldn't be that hard to find someone who could really knock a Beatles print out of the park, but I guess I'm wrong. They should find whoever did the amazing The Beatles Rock Band intro to do something.

I wonder what the approval process is like for a license like The Beatles.

omgkitty

I wonder what the approval process is like for a license like The Beatles.

It makes you wonder. On the one hand you'd think it's crazy, but then you can go to somewhere like Target or Walmart and can buy The Beatles pajama's, or random t-shirts or whatever.

IronRinn

It makes you wonder. On the one hand you'd think it's crazy, but then you can go to somewhere like Target or Walmart and can buy The Beatles pajama's, or random t-shirts or whatever.

Yeah, that's a good point. I think DHM's biggest problem right now is they need to start doing stuff with more artists. Not just for more variety, but I wonder if part of the problem might be that they're using a handful of people who already have fairly full schedules.

omgkitty

Yeah, that's a good point. I think DHM's biggest problem right now is they need to start doing stuff with more artists. Not just for more variety, but I wonder if part of the problem might be that they're using a handful of people who already have fairly full schedules.

Yeah they do tend to rely on the same artists, though if they're going to go back to the well, I'd love to see a Durieux Beatles print.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I also think their pricing on some of their prints is a bit much.

Timbuktu

Solaris (Regular)
by Victo Ngai
On sale now

When I last met up with Victo (she's a friend) in NY, I had brought up the topic movie poster prints and she said she doesn't them because she like doing her own stuff and the likes of Mondo don't pay enough. So this is obviously a change of heart, maybe it's the Nico Delort connection as the AD. It's a nice piece, just picked up the variant. Solaris felt like a 'cooler' palette movie to me.

omgkitty

When I last met up with Victo (she's a friend) in NY, I had brought up the topic movie poster prints and she said she doesn't them because she like doing her own stuff and the likes of Mondo don't pay enough. So this is obviously a change of heart, maybe it's the Nico Delort connection as the AD. It's a nice piece, just picked up the variant. Solaris felt like a 'cooler' palette movie to me.

She's doing several more film prints soon.

omgkitty

They are indeed quite exciting, but mostly private commissions, which are quite different. It's nice when a group has enough faith in you to pay for your prints before they know what you'd do.

Yeah I'm always iffy about commissions, because as much as you can trust an artist, you never really know what will come out of it. I am really excited about Victo's work however, and am glad to be apart of several upcoming things she's doing, and I think he Solaris print really cements that.

IronRinn

They are indeed quite exciting, but mostly private commissions, which are quite different. It's nice when a group has enough faith in you to pay for your prints before they know what you'd do.

Yeah I'm always iffy about commissions, because as much as you can trust an artist, you never really know what will come out of it. I am really excited about Victo's work however, and am glad to be apart of several upcoming things she's doing, and I think he Solaris print really cements that.

Yeah, her Solaris inspires a great deal of confidence. Great, great print.

Sushigod7

Commissions are about the only way anymore to get prints you are into though. Its hard to find everything you want at a gallery.

omgkitty

Commissions are about the only way anymore to get prints you are into though. Its hard to find everything you want at a gallery.

Yeah there's been a huge shift in the last year and a half when everyone on EB started seeing that small group commissioning stuff from artists, and everyone thought "Well shit why aren't we doing this???" Now it seems like everyone is in one or two commission groups at least.

I feel like on a weekly basis I see a completed commission I kick myself for not joining. On the one hand it's really cool to see all these artists getting work and doing prints without the constraints of rights and going through a company, but it also sucks seeing something really cool and realizing there's only 20 of them and you can't buy it. I know Mondo has recently asked their artists to stop doing private stuff, but I still just keep seeing more and more.

Sushigod7

Yeah there's been a huge shift in the last year and a half when everyone on EB started seeing that small group commissioning stuff from artists, and everyone thought "Well shit why aren't we doing this???" Now it seems like everyone is in one or two commission groups at least.

I feel like on a weekly basis I see a completed commission I kick myself for not joining. On the one hand it's really cool to see all these artists getting work and doing prints without the constraints of rights and going through a company, but it also sucks seeing something really cool and realizing there's only 20 of them and you can't buy it. I know Mondo has recently asked their artists to stop doing private stuff, but I still just keep seeing more and more.

I'm in a bunch, FB groups are the way to go for the most part I haven't done any on EB. Those that your seeing with low runs 10-15 are pretty expensive figure 300-500 per person. Kind of rough but nice stuff.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Wish the pics weren't blurry. Dude needs to learn how to focus.

That X-men is hot. Hope it makes it to the drop.

Viewfinder is neat. If they put those online I'd bite.

Kalren

I don't share too often(this post took some work on my end), but this just came in today along with my ICO print (thanks Mockingbird!). Two Kilian Eng's in one day.

I've always been a Phantasy Star fan since the original Sega Master system release and this was the print I've always wanted. It's a little surreal that this print exists and I now have it. I even considered getting a commission done at one point. I'm also pretty happy that Kilian/C&B chose Phantasy Star as his style is perfect for this.

C&B also the included gloves! Fantastic!

Picture quality suffers because I used my phone's camera. (apologies for the large pictures)

Kalren

^Very very cool. Wish I had ever played Phantasy Star so this meant anything at all to me.

In the grand scheme of things, I can't imagine too many played the original Phantasy Star. It's why I was so excited to see a print for it. Golden Axe and the other choices make more sense since they were/are more well known Sega franchises.

IronRinn

I'm with ()_listerfeend_(). No connection to the IP so can't justify the cost, but what a kickass image. Eng really nailed it. Among his best.

LaneDS

In the grand scheme of things, I can't imagine too many played the original Phantasy Star. It's why I was so excited to see a print for it. Golden Axe and the other choices make more sense since they were/are more well known Sega franchises.

I graphed out those maze-like dungeons as a kid and understand your excitement for that print.

omgkitty

I love the idea of Phantasy Star, but I went and looked up a Let's Play on youtube and holy shit I don't think I could go back to that. I have the Genesis Collection too. I really wish Sega would just make a new Phantasy Star, not PSO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom