• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Available on Friday, 5/29 at 12pm ET (probably) on UTBNYC: "In Love, Out of Reach" by TABBY:

05b9e496-2f65-4708-ad23-e461aa709c78.jpg

Regular signed and numbered edition of 120, 24" x 18" screenprint. $125.00

Variant signed and numbered edition of 30, 24" x 18" screenprint with metallic gold ink. $150.00

LaneDS

I love the idea of Phantasy Star, but I went and looked up a Let's Play on youtube and holy shit I don't think I could go back to that. I have the Genesis Collection too. I really wish Sega would just make a new Phantasy Star, not PSO.

Did the Genesis Collection include the Master System original?

In truth, I doubt I could play through it again today. The first person dungeons (amazing at the time) were very confusing with no in-game map (graph paper) and things like trap doors that would drop you... somewhere.

The setting, graphics, and music were all really amazing for the time, and the lead being female is also something I just don't recall there being a lot of back then.

omgkitty

Did the Genesis Collection include the Master System original?

In truth, I doubt I could play through it again today. The first person dungeons (amazing at the time) were very confusing with no in-game map (graph paper) and things like trap doors that would drop you... somewhere.

The setting, graphics, and music were all really amazing for the time, and the lead being female is also something I just don't recall there being a lot of back then.

Yeah it has all 4 of the original games.

IronRinn

Available tomorrow, May 27th at 2pm CT on THE VACVVM: "Meissa" by Nicolas Delort.

20000101-_MG_0046-Edit_zpsezt9rf2l.jpg~original

18″ x 28″ screenprint, regular edition of 100, $50.00

IMG_0923_zpsmkxy25re.jpg~original

18″ x 28″ screenprint, foil variant edition of 50, $80.00

Schryver

Pretty awesome but will probably pass on it. I'm busy when it drops anyways so that's probably a sign right? Foil looks sick though...Waiting for that egg Delort still :p

IronRinn

I know it's overdone at this point but the foil looks pretty rad on this, at least in the photo.

Edit: Mitchell subscription is cool, but I'm just not really into the JLUs anymore. Now, if it was a Fat Bird sub...

Bii

I know it's overdone at this point but the foil looks pretty rad on this, at least in the photo.

Edit: Mitchell subscription is cool, but I'm just not really into the JLUs anymore. Now, if it was a Fat Bird sub...

You and me both.
I'm hoping I can score his SDCC exclusive Fat Bird. I'm only there on Thursday and Sunday. :(

That Delort would KILL on metal, but I just can't get behind foil. Reg for sure, love the guys work. I don't have a single JLU, easy pass on that one. I love subscriptions though, I may be the only one who bought into Ryan Duggans treasury of shitting dogs

IronRinn

"Artista" by Lisa Ericson

[...]Edition of 100 prints by Lisa Ericson. With a small border for framing, the print measures 11" wide by 11" tall. The archival print was created by Tiny Showcase and ships with a corresponding certificate of authenticity. The archival artwork has been printed on a heavy 290gsm natural white print making paper made from 90% bamboo fibres and 10% cotton.

$30.00

Don't usually link Tiny Showcase, but I like this one.

IronRinn

Available tomorrow, Thursday, May 28th on Mondo: PULP MENAGERIE by Tom Whalen (PART 1):

Pulp Menagerie by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Mad Monster Party by Tom Whalen. 24"x18" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 250. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Mad Monster Party (Variant) by Tom Whalen. 24"x18" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

High Noon by Tom Whalen. 24"x36" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

The Boxtrolls by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

The Boxtrolls (Cardboard Variant) by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 65. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

X-Men: Days of Future Past by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Variant) by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

Pulp Menagerie Viewfinder. Reel Included. $30 (Individual reels also available for $10)

I love having time to consider what I really want to get. Boxtrolls reg and Mad Monster Party variant. May pick up a viewfinder, I love those things. Takes me back. Waaaay back.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Took me forever to get that Boxtrolls cardboard. God damn am I excited.

IronRinn

Ultimately, I decided against the Boxtrolls variant, but I got a regular. When yours comes in I would love to see pictures of it, Filthy Slug.

I'm still kinda bummed that Whalen's Coraline print turned out to be so bland. This one and Paranorman are great.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ultimately, I decided against the Boxtrolls variant, but I got a regular. When yours comes in I would love to see pictures of it, Filthy Slug.

I'm still kinda bummed that Whalen's Coraline print turned out to be so bland. This one and Paranorman are great.

No problem--I feel like I rarely share pics, so I'll start putting some up in here! I'm actually thinking about getting the cardboard framed because it's such a great idea, and the print really does look rad. Shame the movie wasn't as good as Coraline/Paranorman.

Coraline was pretty underwhelming. Colors on the Boxtrolls variant looked a little bland from the jpeg, I'm sure they look better in person so I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the real thing.

IronRinn

No problem--I feel like I rarely share pics, so I'll start putting some up in here! I'm actually thinking about getting the cardboard framed because it's such a great idea, and the print really does look rad. Shame the movie wasn't as good as Coraline/Paranorman.

I actually think I might like it more than Coraline (though I haven't seen Coraline since it came out). Paranorman is my favorite of the three.

Coraline was pretty underwhelming. Colors on the Boxtrolls variant looked a little bland from the jpeg, I'm sure they look better in person so I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the real thing.

My thoughts exactly.

Filthy Slug

Paranorman was fantastic, yo.

With Boxtrolls, the worldbuilding and intro to the Boxtrolls and their world was absolutely perfect. It was just so much of what happened above ground that was far less interesting.

As for the colors--yeah, I think the palate is more muted, but I just got super excited by the concept. I really like when variants are actually different in a meaningful way, not just the more ridiculous/dull color swap of the reg.

IronRinn

Paranorman was fantastic, yo.

With Boxtrolls, the worldbuilding and intro to the Boxtrolls and their world was absolutely perfect. It was just so much of what happened above ground that was far less interesting.

As for the colors--yeah, I think the palate is more muted, but I just got super excited by the concept. I really like when variants are actually different in a meaningful way, not just the more ridiculous/dull color swap of the reg.

Yep. Printing them on cardboard was a fantastic idea. I think there was some talk about beating them up a bit, which would have been rad, but they decided against it

Unrelated:

Risible

It's killing me that I don't have the money for Whalen's Mad Monster Party right now. It's just sitting on Mondo's site mocking me :(.

IronRinn

"Ragged Wood" by AJ Frena this Friday on Bottleneck:

And this by Mark Chilcott (measures 8" x 8"):

PJX37zx.jpg

Update: Today at 12PM ET:

"Ragged Wood" is a brand new, original piece by AJ Frena. The 11 x 14 inch giclee print, is signed and numbered out of an edition of 40 and will cost $35 each.

Mark Chilcott continues his series with "What's This?", an 8 x 8 giclee print that is numbered out of an edition of 50 and will cost $20 each.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
S4 camera is crap, but it arrived today and its framed. (Couldn't find the hand numbering though? Sure i said it was hand numbered)

11328295_1638268029740148_1864126243_n.jpg

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Probably either covered up by the frame, or it's written on the back somewhere.

Nah I looked all over before framing, couldn't see it

No biggie, they give me a Taxi Driver print too since it took so long and ended up going back to them, very kind.

LaneDS

Nah I looked all over before framing, couldn't see it

No biggie, they give me a Taxi Driver print too since it took so long and ended up going back to them, very kind.

Ah, from the picture I assumed you bought it framed for some reason. That's odd then.

IronRinn

Brian Mashburn print this Wednesday, June 3rd, on Arcadium:

"Kingdom" 23" x 14" edition of 40. $75.00.

Away this week, so feel free to update the thread with any releases as I won't have GAF access most of the time.

Hi everyone at Fancy Poster GAF!

After nearly 4 years this thread will soon approach the 20,000 post mark! It's awesome that we have our own community that is a bit different from the others. Because of this community, we were able to do some cool exclusive projects too, starting with Pikmin. This then lead to Game & Print Club, which then eventually lead to Fancy Poster GAF commissions.

Because of all of those things that happened and this community here at Fancy Poster GAF, I actually got hired somewhere and now work in the industry -- officially! I can't thank this community enough -- as it was without a doubt a huge contributing factor in giving me this opportunity to work with something I really love.

Consequently, it's also the reason why I can no longer lead any more Fancy Poster GAF projects myself and why shipping took so long on the Ico (sorry!!). More on the final print later.

But, in return I am now able to offer up officially licensed prints instead.

The first release is soon.

The site isn't ready yet, but here's a newsletter link I made up just for NeoGAF: http://eepurl.com/bo-7Q5

Print #1: ?????? ??? by ?????? ?????? and ???? ???

This print will definitely bring Joy.

I really hope you will all like this and the things to come.

ohkay

Congrats MB! Thanks for all the hard work you put into the commissions, and good luck with the new job, I'm looking forward to whatever comes out of this!

LaneDS

Congratulations Mockingbird! Thanks again for all the awesome opportunities you provided for us and clearly made for yourself too!

Zombine

Banned
image_zpsdkeqlnpc.jpg

This just came in the mail yesterday. Comic page from Terry Moore's Rachel Rising. It's stunning. I have this on the way from Mike Allred:

image_zpswknp9pse.jpg

Yeah, I now own my avatar ^_^

Hi everyone at Fancy Poster GAF!

After nearly 4 years this thread will soon approach the 20,000 post mark! It's awesome that we have our own community that is a bit different from the others. Because of this community, we were able to do some cool exclusive projects too, starting with Pikmin. This then lead to Game & Print Club, which then eventually lead to Fancy Poster GAF commissions.

Because of all of those things that happened and this community here at Fancy Poster GAF, I actually got hired somewhere and now work in the industry -- officially! I can't thank this community enough -- as it was without a doubt a huge contributing factor in giving me this opportunity to work with something I really love.

Consequently, it's also the reason why I can no longer lead any more Fancy Poster GAF projects myself and why shipping took so long on the Ico (sorry!!). More on the final print later.

But, in return I am now able to offer up officially licensed prints instead.

The first release is soon.

The site isn't ready yet, but here's a newsletter link I made up just for NeoGAF: http://eepurl.com/bo-7Q5

Print #1: ?????? ??? by ?????? ?????? and ???? ???

This print will definitely bring Joy.

I really hope you will all like this and the things to come.

Congratulations Mockingbird! Well deserved.

Yeah, I now own my avatar ^_^

God, I love Mike Allred's girls so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom