• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Fancy Poster GAF.

The first print from the licensed mystery project will be revealed soon!

In the meanwhile, here's the website for it: http://cyclopsprintworks.com/

It's still in the pre-launch phase, but maybe you can get an idea for what the print will be about there. Oh, there's an artist list too =)

Zombine

Banned
Oh I forgot to mention! My Batman TAS print from Mondo arrived yesterday! That was wicked quick compared to my Francavilla Afterlife With Archie one.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oh I forgot to mention! My Batman TAS print from Mondo arrived yesterday! That was wicked quick compared to my Francavilla Afterlife With Archie one.

Awesome! Easily the quickest I've seen Mondo ship. I got my Daredevil this week, and my Zuhr en Arrh coming in right-quick.

IronRinn

Andy Fairhurst GoT print "Hardhome" on Bottleneck tonight.

8pm ET:

51b84441-4ad0-4db2-973f-355218e7b319.jpg

16" x 20" numbered edition of 125, $40.00.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
Hey Fancy Poster GAF.

The first print from the licensed mystery project will be revealed soon!

In the meanwhile, here's the website for it: http://cyclopsprintworks.com/

It's still in the pre-launch phase, but maybe you can get an idea for what the print will be about there. Oh, there's an artist list too =)

Congratulations on going professional. Now that you're on the other side of the industry, how do you determine what to commission and sell? Is it passion projects, prints you know that you can sell out, or somewhere in between?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Will these prints be primarily Disney properties, Mockingbird?

IronRinn

Speaking of Eng:

Available Wednesday, June 17th, at 9:30am PST on Dark Hall Mansion: Forbidden Planet by Kilian Eng:

Standard Edition of 280, 24" x 36" on Mirri foil $65

Variant Edition of 50, 24" x 36" on Mirri foil $100

Canvas Edition of 15, 24" x 36" on $250

Foil, foil everywhere.

Edit: Has Eng done a Fantastic Planet print? Because he should do a Fantastic Planet print. I kind of wish this was a Fantastic Planet print.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
On sale Wednesday, 6/17 at Grey Matter at a random time between 1:00-2:00 PM EST:

Artist: Marko Manev
Size: 24x36
Regular Edition (Captain America/Blue Version): 200/$50.00
Variant Edition (Red Skull/Red Version): 200/$50.00
Regular & Variant Edition Set/$90.00
Printed By D & L Screen Printing

Filthy Slug

Looks like they doing the Thriller dance on that Red Skull variant.

Filthy Slug

A ton of JLUs, few fat birds (Oriole, Stellars Jay, Blue Jay, etc.), and some Skully stuff. It was kind of fun sitting around for an hour and a half and seeing what would pop up.

I really wanted the Edward Scissorhands JLU, but I struck out on that one.

suplex

A few fatbirds, a bunch of jlu's and a few other random things.

You had basically no chance to get most items so don't worry too much about it.

LaneDS

A ton of JLUs, few fat birds (Oriole, Stellars Jay, Blue Jay, etc.), and some Skully stuff. It was kind of fun sitting around for an hour and a half and seeing what would pop up.

I really wanted the Edward Scissorhands JLU, but I struck out on that one.

A few fatbirds, a bunch of jlu's and a few other random things.

You had basically no chance to get most items so don't worry too much about it.

Thanks y'all.

Iam8bit and Double Fine are running an anniversiary event for Psychonauts, the Facebook page for the event seems to imply an online sale on Wednesday!
EDIT: Scratch imply, "Art from the show will be available online starting at 11pm PST on Wednesday, immediately following the opening. We ship worldwide, woohoo!" That is unfortunately 7am my time...

I'm having that Scott C... https://www.facebook.com/events/710551265723205/
Come celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the much-beloved video game "Psychonauts," complete with:

* Limited Edition Tribute Prints from Renowned Artists like Scott C, Natasha Allegri, Nan Lawson, Zac Gorman, Drew Wise Design, James Gilleard, Nicole Gustafsson, Ken Wong and more!

* Concept Art from the Early Years!

* Conversation with Double Fine folk like founder Tim Schafer and many other lovely Double-Finers

* Guzzle Adult Beverages

* Also... don't forget to kiss the two-headed baby, as Double Fine Productions is also celebrating its 15th Anniversary!
11406495_856413274395193_1988326351181505421_n.jpg

11133669_855926114443909_3589648039617275470_n.jpg

IronRinn

I know Campbell worked on the game, but Gustafsson really killed it with that piece.

Edit: I just realized these go online at 2am my time. Haha, oh well. Saves me some money.

Bii

Thursday, June 18th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "The Empire Strikes Back" by Juan Esteban Rodriguez:

I lucked out getting his first Star Wars print and I'm glad I locked in for this one. The same treatment was given for New Flesh's Conflict print.

Filthy Slug

Hey everybody, got kind of an odd request/question:

A really damn good friend of mine's birthday is coming up, and his girlfriend is looking to get him a Scott C showdown original. If anybody has one and is willing to part with it, I'd super appreciate a PM to see if we can work out a deal.

Hey everyone. The premier of the very first piece will be tomorrow (6/17). Really hope you will all like it. It's a screenprint, of course. And officially licensed. I think you will like it. With that said, I Fear there will still be Sadness when you all see the poster.

Also, here's the facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cyclopsprints
and twitter: https://twitter.com/CyclopsPrints

Congratulations on going professional. Now that you're on the other side of the industry, how do you determine what to commission and sell? Is it passion projects, prints you know that you can sell out, or somewhere in between?

Thanks! I think it's a bit of both, but with that said, if I didn't like the image -- we wouldn't be selling it in the first place.

ohkay

Hey everyone. The premier of the very first piece will be tomorrow (6/17). Really hope you will all like it. It's a screenprint, of course. And officially licensed. I think you will like it. With that said, I Fear there will still be Sadness when you all see the poster.
Get Tom Whalen to do this print ;)

IronRinn

"The Celestial Hippocampus" Andrew Ghrist's print for PangeaSeed's “Tales from the Deep: Stories, Myths & Monsters,” goes on sale on their store at 12pm PST. Signed and numbered edition of 140, measuring 18" x 24". Not sure about the price. $65.00.

bbeech

Neo Member

Also, here's the facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cyclopsprints
and twitter: https://twitter.com/CyclopsPrints

Thanks! I think it's a bit of both, but with that said, if I didn't like the image -- we wouldn't be selling it in the first place.

I'm feeling quite Riley having to wait till tomorrow to see it. Im sure it will turn out to be a dream production.

IronRinn

Speaking of Eng:

Available Wednesday, June 17th, at 9:30am PST on Dark Hall Mansion: Forbidden Planet by Kilian Eng:

[...]

Foil, foil everywhere.

So I found this fascinating:

DarkHallMansion said:
mfaith said:
The image is fantastic. I just wish there was a paper option.
Hear you on that, we'd have liked to do that as well, but per earlier posts in thread here, it's the nature of our agreement with Warner Bros on a few of their titles as to substrates. That said, serves the title well and it's Mirri foil from the UK, same we had Laurent Durieux's "It's a Wonderful Life" foil editions printed on, so they're really something in person. There's PICs of the IAWL Mirri foils further back in this or the IAWL thread. Think you'll be really pleased on Kilian's "Forbidden Planet" editions.

Thanks!
DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it's still kind of surprising.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, June 18th on Mondo: When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (PART 1):

Jurassic Park by Francesco Francavilla. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 400. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $55

Jurassic Park by DKNG. 24"x18" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by DKNG. $45

Jurassic Park by Todd Slater. 24"x36" screen print. Signed & Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I know it's based on the movie and all that, but having an infographic with wrong info about the velociraptor rubs me the wrong way.

Filthy Slug

That may be my favorite Francavilla print, and I'd say it's easily the best of the bunch.

Meier

I bought the Francavilla and the vinyl when we went to the show. We already have the amber and the dilophosaurus vinyl so figured may as well get all 3.. it's an absolute beauty.

Sorry, the reveal will be tomorrow and not today. Something ended up happening that delayed it (this fault is on our end). Slashfilm will have the exclusive premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom