• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

I might not like The Black Keys much musically but man I am jealous of their fans that also like great posters since they have a billion to choose from.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I might not like The Black Keys much musically but man I am jealous of their fans that also like great posters since they have a billion to choose from.

That's how I feel about Widespread Panic.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Got an Inside/Out! That site meltdown wasn't super bad?

IronRinn

Gah, did not anticipate this mess.
tumblr_miadpnO4iR1rgz9z1o1_500.jpg

Gah, did not anticipate this mess.

I think you're headed for a great success if traffic was bad enough to sink the site.
I was able to get through and put my order in. I'm not totally in love with the print yet, but suspect it will grow on me after seeing the movie.
Big congrats to you Mockingbird, I'm really proud to be supporting your first release :)

omgkitty

Widespread Panic, The String Cheese Incident, The Black Keys, Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Umphrey's McGee, etc. It's sad these are the bands that commission all these great posters.

Widespread Panic, The String Cheese Incident, The Black Keys, Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Umphrey's McGee, etc. It's sad these are the bands that commission all these great posters.

Mmm, I'd love a great poster for a band I give a shit about. I have one Bloc Party one and that's it.

ruxtpin

Banned
Mmm, I'd love a great poster for a band I give a shit about. I have one Bloc Party one and that's it.

High five. Bloc Party is my favorite band. I'm also a big fan of the Black Keys, but I'd always feel weird having band posters up for concerts that I didn't go to.

"Well, let me tell you... I read about that concert and it was a blast! But no, I didn't go."

Filthy Slug

Was super into Bloc Party in college, and I'd love a decent poster. I still have a band shirt or two of theirs from concerts I've been to.

Zombine

Banned
Was super into Bloc Party in college, and I'd love a decent poster. I still have a band shirt or two of theirs from concerts I've been to.

Bloc Party is pretty awesome. The only prints I think I would want right now are ones from Blur's The Magic Whip. The whole astetic of that album would make for some killer art.

Filthy Slug

Bloc Party is pretty awesome. The only prints I think I would want right now are ones from Blur's The Magic Whip. The whole astetic of that album would make for some killer art.

Few bands have as good a debut record as Silent Alarm. What a fucking classic.

Shame it was downhill from there!

Filthy Slug

Oh, man, that is rad! Who's the artist on that?

Edit: Jon Mackay

Zombine

Banned
Few bands have as good a debut record as Silent Alarm. What a fucking classic.

Shame it was downhill from there!

You think so brother? I mean, I feel like they've had their ups and downs, but when Albarn got into his grove they because one of my favorite bands of all time.

But damn...I was so tempted by that Inside Out print, but i feel like a huge phony. I thought the movie looked bland as shit, and my interest only rose once reviews came out. What I'm really interested in is a badass print of Furiosa.

Wow. Thank you so much to everyone that shared and supported the first Cyclops piece: Inside Out. So grateful to NeoGAF, as it's one of the main reasons this print even happened (literally it would never have happened if not for NeoGAF). Thanks and sorry for the server issues. Really happy for Stacey too!

Sushigod7

Wow. Thank you so much to everyone that shared and supported the first Cyclops piece: Inside Out. So grateful to NeoGAF, as it's one of the main reasons this print even happened (literally it would never have happened if not for NeoGAF). Thanks and sorry for the server issues. Really happy for Stacey too!

Congrats on the sell out!!! Awesome work can't wait to see whats next.

Meier

I have this one from Florence & the Machine's album launch party for their 2nd album.. my brother went and picked it up and gave it to me as a Christmas present. I dunno who the artist is and can't seem to find a better image online:

The silver is reflective but not like a foil or anything. Very sharp. Took this picture back when he gave it to me.. it's somewhere in my stash under of posters under the bed, lol.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Tuesday, June 23rd on Mondo: When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (PART 2):

Jurassic Park by Stan & Vince. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Jurassic Park by Rich Kelly. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $50

Jurassic Park by Dan McCarthy. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

Jurassic Park Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP. Original Music by John Williams. Housed in a deluxe gatefold jacket designed by JC Richard. Pressed on 180 Gram "Dino DNA" (Clear with Splatter) Vinyl. $35

IronRinn

Black Dragon Press is doing a timed, Nicolas Delort subscription "nspired by three quintessential musical pieces from the Baroque, Romantic and Post-Romantic eras, illustrator Nicolas Delort has taken on the challenge of bringing to life J.S. Bach’s 'Goldberg Variations', Franz Schubert’s 'Die Winterreise' and Sergei Rachmaninoff’s 'The Isle of the Dead[...]'" Open from now until Thursday, June 26th at 2pm BST. There is also a Variant edition of 20 sets with "metallic inks on ultra lush black paper." Here's the first print, based on "Goldberg Variations"

Regular edition is £135 plus shipping; and the variant set is £195. Prints are 18" x 27" and come with a signed COA.

LaneDS

Those six Ghibli themed pieces someone linked in here a few months back arrived today and look really nice. Was a nice "what's this?" type of delivery surprise.

IronRinn

Awesome! They actually put up the Dilophosaurus version as well. I scored that and the Dino DNA vinyl too.

That must have sold out quick. I thought it was just an old listing they hadn't taken down.

Postersandtoys will have AP copies of Kilian Eng's Mad Max print up today, Tuesday, 6/23 at 2pm CT. Edition size is 45, but they will have less online. $100.00.

Edit: Looks like around 25 copies of the Dilophosaurus version went up. Pretty impressive clicking there, Greyvvolf.

IronRinn

Friday, June 26th:

On UTBNYC is Tabby's "When Love Hits You"

18" x 24" screen print. Signed and numbered edition of 150 with 1-50 hand embellished and randomly shipped, $125.00

On Bottleneck "Remain Dapper" (?) by Zach Landrum:

11" x 14" signed and numbered edition of 50, $35.00.

Greyvvolf

Edit: Looks like around 25 copies of the Dilophosaurus version went up. Pretty impressive clicking there, Greyvvolf.
I am at work and the internet here is not the best. I think I was able to get one because it wasn't announced that they would have them, maybe people didn't know what the Dilophosaurus version was, and like you said people could have thought it was an old listing.

I remember there was a Mondo drop not too long ago and they added older vinyl that was sold out which is why I knew to add it to my cart.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday June 25th on Mondo: Three prints by Sam Wolfe Connelly:

The Thing by Sam Wolfe Connelly. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Scanners by Sam Wolfe Connelly. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

The Brood by Sam Wolfe Connelly. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom