• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Banned
Whilst I still have my own office with decent wallspace, this is what I'm displaying. It's been roughly two years since I quit smoking after an op, and after three months, as a reward, I treated myself to a couple of pieces (found linked in this very thread). So I blame you all for me wanting a bigger office (and a bigger house too).

(Quoted pictures are probably horrible looking if you click on them... taken on iPotato 4.)

oJUL1VA.jpg

Andrew Heath's "Spaced" (needs a new location), and my most recent addition, "Three Flavours" by Doaly (from Cult Collective). Damned fire safety poster will be moving shortly...

oiGWbQE.jpg

"Highway 26" - so pleased to get this (although part of me almost regrets not going shiny...)

xESjA57.jpg

Aled Lweis - the print that started it all. I still desperately want "Player 2...", and also for Aled to do "The World's End" in the same style.

Still waiting for my Ferguson Foil Iron Man to arrive - which will involve some serious re-arranging. That's if our new IT director doesn't steal my office whilst I'm on holiday...

IronRinn

Sorry, the reveal will be tomorrow and not today. Something ended up happening that delayed it (this fault is on our end). Slashfilm will have the exclusive premier.

Cyclops just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Fancy Poster culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on Fancy-PosterGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that Fancy-PosterGAF, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase this print, nor will they purchase any of Cyclops's prints. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Cyclops has alienated an entire market with this move.

Cyclops, publicly apologize and premier exclusively on NeoGAF or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Whilst I still have my own office with decent wallspace, this is what I'm displaying. It's been roughly two years since I quit smoking after an op, and after three months, as a reward, I treated myself to a couple of pieces (found linked in this very thread). So I blame you all for me wanting a bigger office (and a bigger house too).

(Quoted pictures are probably horrible looking if you click on them... taken on iPotato 4.)

Still waiting for my Ferguson Foil Iron Man to arrive - which will involve some serious re-arranging. That's if our new IT director doesn't steal my office whilst I'm on holiday...

Looks great - nice pics!

Cyclops just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Fancy Poster culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on Fancy-PosterGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that Fancy-PosterGAF, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase this print, nor will they purchase any of Cyclops's prints. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Cyclops has alienated an entire market with this move.

Cyclops, publicly apologize and premier exclusively on NeoGAF or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Hahaha! F'real though, I'm pretty excited for the reveal.

IronRinn

It says it is in my cart unless it's a site glitch.

It just means that it's carted by someone. If you can go to the product page and it still says Add To Cart, it is still available. Just keep going back to your cart and try to checkout. you may still be able to get through.

Edit: Inventory says 2 left as of 11:52.

Edit 2: Now it's sold out. 11:59.

kaskade

It just means that it's carted by someone. If you can go to the product page and it still says Add To Cart, it is still available. Just keep going back to your cart and try to checkout. you may still be able to get through.

Edit: Inventory says 2 left as of 11:52.

Edit 2: Now it's sold out.

That's crazy I was adding it and trying to checkout repeatedly with no luck.

IronRinn

Jesus. That ESB print sold out in like 5 seconds.

I was on my game too and had no shot.

Bottleneck is the same deal as Mondo. Keep trying untill it says Sold Out on the product page.

Edit: Just made it to the final checkout page on the ESB, so there are still copies left. Gonna remove mine from the cart now.

kaskade

Yeah someone on reddit said you get a "reserve" for like 5 minutes and then it's back out so I guess it just becomes a luck game then.

Apparently that was part one, maybe there will be something else I like in the next batch.

Bottleneck is the same deal as Mondo. Keep trying untill it says Sold Out on the product page.

Edit: Just made it to the final checkout page on the ESB, so there are still copies left. Gonna remove mine from the cart now.

Oh wow. Thanks for the tip.

Wound up getting a variant after mashing like crazy. I wanted the standard one but I'll take it.

BigHow

Neo Member
Missed out on the Franca JP. I made the mistake of taking time to add the DKNG print to my cart as well.

But I did manage to get a regular ESB from Bottleneck! I liked that colorway more than the variant, so I'm pretty damn happy right now.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ugh,I know sorry! I did not want to price it so high but 23 colors forced us to.

Oh, I completely understand. As with the ICO, more colors are more money, but I gotta say--it's really classy and just all-around excellent. I'll be going for one, Mockingbird :)

rikichi

I definitely loving that print! Is it going to be extremely hard to get like the mondo prints? Because if so, I'm not gonna even try haha

I definitely loving that print! Is it going to be extremely hard to get like the mondo prints? Because if so, I'm not gonna even try haha

I doubt it because we don't even have 1000 followers on twitter or FB. You can probably watch the movie and pick it up next week.

I doubt it because we don't even have 1000 followers on twitter or FB. You can probably watch the movie and pick it up next week.

Oh Man! Feedback time!
Print:

• [*[It's a very nice piece!
  • Reminds a bit of Eric Tan's work.
  • I like how tasteful, and not marketing-first-scummy it is (not surprising as it's associated with someone involved in this community)!
  • 305 prints isn't bad, and is much higher than I thought it would be!
  • Looking forward to following the work the group puts out.
Also, bonus points for printing them before selling them!

• Idk If I like how the upper-left logo is red, while the main page is predominantly blue... Feels off.
  • Nice logo! Unique, and doesn't clash with existing groups.
  • Googling for "Cyclops prints" brings up a bunch of x-men stuff.... should work on that! lol

Questions:
What's your roll in all this? Facilitator? Art Director?

Also, Let me know if a Cyclops-Bot would make you feel honored or offended ( I jest ) !

Good Luck!

Oh Man! Feedback time!
Print:

• [*[It's a very nice piece!
  • Reminds a bit of Eric Tan's work.
  • I like how tasteful, and not marketing-first-scummy it is (not surprising as it's associated with someone involved in this community)!
  • 305 prints isn't bad, and is much higher than I thought it would be!
  • Looking forward to following the work the group puts out.
Also, bonus points for printing them before selling them!

• Idk If I like how the upper-left logo is red, while the main page is predominantly blue... Feels off.
  • Nice logo! Unique, and doesn't clash with existing groups.
  • Googling for "Cyclops prints" brings up a bunch of x-men stuff.... should work on that! lol

Questions:
What's your roll in all this? Facilitator? Art Director?

Also, Let me know if a Cyclops-Bot would make you feel honored or offended!

Good Luck!

Eric Tan is actually Stacey Aoyama's husband, and he worked on the lettering with her. And thank you for the feedback. Not sure how the site will hold up so please don't bot it yet, lol. I'm the product development and marketing manager.

The torn up print is one of the future releases. That finished printing a while ago, but we just got it signed/numbered earlier this week.

Eric Tan is actually Stacey Aoyama's husband, and he worked on the lettering with her. And thank you for the feedback. Not sure how the site will hold up so please don't bot it yet, lol. I'm the product development and marketing manager.

The torn up print is one of the future releases. That finished printing a while ago, but we just got it signed/numbered earlier this week.

Hah, Wow, that's crazy he's her husband. Had no idea!

More feedback! On Twitter clients that use circles for avatar masking, the Cyclops symbol looks weird cause the text gets cut off. Recommend removing text!

NWHQ8Nh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom