• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/24/2012:

New York Giants Artist Proof Edition by Tom Whalen

92c7d035b1640ddb1ac09d1c5bede7e7-d5ac9rf.jpg

• 18" x 24" 3-color screenprint
• french construction slate blue 100# cover
• signed and numbered by the artist
AP edition of 17 or regular edition of 100. Both are priced at $40 each.

How to buy online: http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/ @ a random time.

IronRinn

Gonna try and get some other Englert prints and just keep an eye on the Mondo drops for stuff that interests me. Anyone have any Englert prints they'd be willing to get rid of?

Prices on Englerts seem to have been dropping like a stone recently. Be patient and you shouldn't have to much a problem getting his stuff relatively cheap.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Gonna try and get some other Englert prints and just keep an eye on the Mondo drops for stuff that interests me. Anyone have any Englert prints they'd be willing to get rid of?

I have a White Residence that I got for someone else and they backed out. yours for my cost. shoot me a PM if you want

Meier

Mondo put up a ton of new prints for horror films or something. At least 10-15 of them and at least one is only $35.

omgkitty

Mondo put up a ton of new prints for horror films or something. At least 10-15 of them and at least one is only $35.

Those are all the prints from Jay Shaw's Blue Underground gallery showing. They have been listed under gallery in the shop for well over a month now, and I think they just moved them over because they weren't selling and more people check that area.

winstano

The one time I leave work bang on time and I missed the Mononoke drop by 20 SECONDS. Legged it back to the office, unlocked my computer and it'd sold out :( Gutted.

IronRinn

Bigcartel guys. Keep trying. Just carted one.

Edit: Seriously, anytime you buy from someone using bigcartel and miss out, always, always, always keep refreshing and adding to cart for at least half an hour. People can cart shit and not actually buy it, unlike Mondo, so many times people cart something and then decide whether or not to purchase. After 30 minutes the system kicks out the item automatically but, often, at least a few will free up right away. When it's actually sold out it will say so.

Bigcartel guys. Keep trying. Just carted one.

Edit: Seriously, anytime you buy from someone using bigcartel and miss out, always, always, always keep refreshing and adding to cart for at least half an hour. People can cart shit and not actually buy it, unlike Mondo, so many times people cart something and then decide whether or not to purchase. After 30 minutes the system kicks out the item automatically but, often, at least a few will free up right away. When it's actually sold out it will say so.

Oh I know. It seems all my clicks were in vain today, however.

If I were to just buy a regular sized frame from Aaron Brothers/Hobby Lobby, how much damage does it actually do to the prints over time? Is it worth it to swap to a UV glass and acid-free backing?

Speaking from personal experience, even indirect sunlight and fluorescent lighting will inflict fading, maybe even warping, within eight months or so. I've never seen damage from an acidic backing board but supposedly that's something that would appear in the very long term.

I've been willing to pay the premium without exception. I suppose I wouldn't bother if I didn't care much for the print but in that situation, I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm sorry, but if that isn't the most pointless art show ever. I think the movie is funny, but I would never buy a piece of art for it. Just seems stupid.

+1.

I already buy way too many posters from films / games / IP I like to focus on that one. But hey, to each their own.

I'm sorry, but if that isn't the most pointless art show ever. I think the movie is funny, but I would never buy a piece of art for it. Just seems stupid.

+1.

I already buy way too many posters from films / games / IP I like to focus on that one. But hey, to each their own.

Step Brothers is the most content rich comedy of the last forty years. I welcome this brilliant decision by Gallery 1988. But don't take my word for it. The already incredible work released speaks for itself.

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/a7a2dc72b4/step-brothers-honored-at-gallery1988

Also, if it was a waste of a show, then, shit, how would work exist for it? Wouldn't they just end up with no-names since its a dumb idea for a show, by that logic, no one would have any ideas for it or be interested in contributing?

If they pitched an idea as a Gallery and it gets quality submissions, how is it not worthwhile?

IronRinn

Threw these up on EB, but I might as well post them here as well:

Anthem, The Time Machine, and The War of the Worlds all by Kevin Tong

6160782967_64685a07e4_n.jpg

7541423690_9c816b7ea1_n.jpg

7541423458_2004b22262_n.jpg

$115 shipped within the Continental US. Feel free to make offers as well.

It's just as culturally valid as any of their other shows. Seriously all you end up looking like is a snob by posting that kind of response, but whatever. I'm more excited about this show than any other ones, save Breaking Bad or the old Deadwood show, and if it means I have a better chance at prints because people like you are too busy fuffing over how low grade a choice it is, all the better.

omgkitty

It's just as culturally valid as any of their other shows. Seriously all you end up looking like is a snob by posting that kind of response, but whatever. I'm more excited about this show than any other ones, save Breaking Bad or the old Deadwood show, and if it means I have a better chance at prints because people like you are too busy fuffing over how low grade a choice it is, all the better.

I'm not trying to devalue your opinion, it just seems like an odd choice. There's a lot of things out there I feel like doesn't really need a print, and this includes a lot of the shows done by G1988. Things like Arrested Development, which people got hugely excited for, and I feel like almost everything coming out of it was terrible. I'm not fussing over the show choice, because frankly I don't care. If anything, I'd rather they had gone with Talladega Nights, which I think is a better film, but whatever. I wouldn't have bought anything from it either. If you like it, that's cool for you. Not sure why you have to get so defensive. Most of the time I seem to agree with your tastes in other threads, so just because I disagree with you on something doesn't make me a snob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom