• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping this week:

Creature from the Black Lagoon Artist Proof Edition by Francesco Francavilla

creature_from_black_lagoon_francavilla_low.jpg

24" x 36" screen print. Signed and numbered AP edition of 23.

This is the special San Diego Comicon 2012 Mondo edition. Printed by D+L Screen Printing. Limit one print per household. Allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.

All prints are signed, numbered, and remarqued by the artist.

$300

How to buy online: http://francavilla.bigcartel.com/product/creature-of-the-black-lagoon-ap

Well going to put this up here in case anyone wants it and since I just made a very costly big Lego set purchase. But the Avengers Captain America Signed AP, run of 36. Only took out of tube to check it for any defects and it looks great. Paid $125 with the shipping from Phantom City (darn Canada). So if anyone is interested in it, I'm looking for about $165 for it shipped within the Cont US. Got the original tube and such Phantom City sent it to me in and will just slide it back in and forward it to anyone who would be interested in it. Kinda overstocked on prints with not enough wall space. I sold a print to Count Dookake while back so he could probably vouch for me if anything.

7918176626_576348fef8.jpg

omgkitty

Wow that Francavilla price is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. You can buy a signed one from SDCC for around $170 on the after market. This is in Laurent Durieux territory of full of themselves when it comes to putting prices on their prints.

omgkitty

Today at our R&C 10th Anniversary Panel at PAX we and iam8bit announced a special series of limited edition Ratchet & Clank screenprints coming this fall.

Hyper limited, for sale through iam8bit.

The artist list is great. We'll share more details soon.

I love this series. Glad to see it get some print love! Any chance you guys will be working with Olly again?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I can't unsee that Daenerys piece as having massive unproportionate boobs.

The Six Feet Under print on the other hand..hoo boy, can't wait for it to go on sale.

9/4/2012:

Hector Salamanca by Tom Whalen

ding_bc.jpg

created as part of the breakinggifs poster project, this officially-licensed print depicts hector salamanca and his infamous desktop bell from AMC's "breaking bad".

please note: this print is from the 1-300 numbered run. Numbers 251 - 300 will be up for sale. $50

• 18" x 24" 4-color screenprint
• french construction speckletone cream 80# cover
• signed and numbered by the artist
• ships rolled via USPS priority mail
• united states shipping: $15 any size order
• international shipping: $20 any size order

Limit 2 per customer.

How to buy online: http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/product/hector-salamanca-screenprint @ a random time.

Up now:

The Big Lebowski by Gary Pullin

Final-lebowski-Reg-Size-300x400.jpg

Hand Numbered
Edition of 100
6 color Screen Print
18×24″
100# Matte Paper
$30.00 + S/H ($7.50 – Shipping in cardboard poster tube/ poster rolled in craft paper. International Shipping $15.00)

How to buy online: http://www.postercollective.com/loft-cinema-series/

The Big Lebowski Variant Edition by Gary Pullin

PC-Lebowski-Variant-Medium-300x400.jpg

Hand Numbered
Edition of 25
5 color Screen Print + Glow In Dark (Teal ink is metallic!)
100# Matte Paper
18×24″
$40.00 + S/H ($7.50 – Shipping in cardboard poster tube/ poster rolled in craft paper. International Shipping $15.00)

How to buy online: http://www.postercollective.com/loft-cinema-series/

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
It will -- whether or not you plan on going. They're hinting at Halloween stuff though, and anything horror related is likely going to be a pass for me.

You going?

not at this point. I just mean in terms of which posters I may have to nab on ebay. If they drop Spirited Away I'll get stabby

winstano

9/4/2012:

Hector Salamanca by Tom Whalen

ding_bc.jpg

created as part of the breakinggifs poster project, this officially-licensed print depicts hector salamanca and his infamous desktop bell from AMC's "breaking bad".

please note: this print is from the 1-300 numbered run. Numbers 251 - 300 will be up for sale. $50

• 18" x 24" 4-color screenprint
• french construction speckletone cream 80# cover
• signed and numbered by the artist
• ships rolled via USPS priority mail
• united states shipping: $15 any size order
• international shipping: $20 any size order

Limit 2 per customer.

How to buy online: http://strongstuffshop.bigcartel.com/product/hector-salamanca-screenprint @ a random time.

Came and went whilst I was sleeping :(

It will -- whether or not you plan on going. They're hinting at Halloween stuff though, and anything horror related is likely going to be a pass for me.

You going?

Bet they will have a Walking Dead print because of the timing and return of the show.

But if they do a print from the movie Halloween..... oh god. No one has done a good print for such a classic.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Bet they will have a Walking Dead print because of the timing and return of the show.

But if they do a print from the movie Halloween..... oh god. No one has done a good print for such a classic.

Good call on Walking Dead. The show always has a big presence at the con.

Man... I thought I'd be done for awhile after I was able to score that Paths of Glory poster. :\

Stencil

Anyone else feel like Stencil and BattleMonkey just came in here to troll? I could totally see a post like that coming from someone trying to use sarcasm.

Nah, I've been following this thread for a while. I'm an avid screenprint fan and have a large back catalog of screenprinted posters, never knew there was a subculture for it on GAF. Having said that, I think I was just excited as to how in demand Mondo posters seemed and bought the first one available after a few months of checking in and seeing insta-sellouts. What I was unable to do, however, was buy a poster I actually liked. Serves me right I guess.

9/6/2012:

Jurassic Park by Kevin Tong

e1346866206.jpg

Poster by Kevin Tong. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 275. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

How to by online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

What's Opera Doc? by Tom Whalen

e1346866284.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 270. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

How to by online: http://mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

What's Opera Doc? Variant Edition by Tom Whalen

e1346866403.jpg

Poster by Tom Whalen. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 90. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $65

omgkitty

Damnit Mondo...I was on a roll of not spending money on posters. The What's Opera Doc? is awesome! Thank goodness the regular is better. I really like the Jurassic Park one too.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Maybe it's just me but I'm not feeling wither one. There is something about Elmer that doesn't look right. Which is a shame, because he nailed Duck Seasonings.

I agree, the What's Opera Doc? poster is good, but it sort of misses the mark on the ridiculousness of the cartoon. It's a bit too 'normal'. Maybe I'm just being picky though.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
eh, 120 is about the market price on ebay for one if you want it

Oh, hadn't even looked yet. To be clear on my last statement, I even missed the announcement of the drop. Thanks for the info. Now I have to see how much it would be to frame a long print like that one.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Oh, hadn't even looked yet. To be clear on my last statement, I even missed the announcement of the drop. Thanks for the info. Now I have to see how much it would be to frame a long print like that one.

the 36" hurts a bit, but the 12" helps a lot. They usually aren't too bad.

V_Ben

Banned
Damnit, so close to Jurassic Park. Made it to Paypal before getting chucked back to the store screen. Just wasn't fast enough! :) Oh well, it isn't a franchise super close to my heart, I just liked the design :p

How do you guys have your twitter alerts set up? I set up the twitter phone notification but got the text message saying JP was sold out before I got the text message saying it was on sale :(

IronRinn

How do you guys have your twitter alerts set up? I set up the twitter phone notification but got the text message saying JP was sold out before I got the text message saying it was on sale :(

If you're waiting for the tweet you are almost never going to land one. People camp the site, refreshing constantly in order to catch them as soon as they go live on the shop. Use something like check4change.

Sigma722

Twitter alerts were messed up today for some reason.

For those that use Page Monitor, have you been getting a lot of false hits for the posters page? Mine dings like every 10 minutes or so saying that the "enter mobile version" appears and disappears. Any thoughts on a workaround?

By the time the tweet hits it's already too late. You need to camp the site in order to get drops. The drops usually occur between 7:30am and 9:00am Pacific Time.

Twitter alerts were messed up today for some reason.

For those that use Page Monitor, have you been getting a lot of false hits for the posters page? Mine dings like every 10 minutes or so saying that the "enter mobile version" appears and disappears. Any thoughts on a workaround?

Yep. I've just been turning it off until the day I know I need it.

Also +1 JP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom