• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suplex

Yea I like that Seven Samurai print a lot. It was already sold out when I saw it last night.

I picked up the Street Fighter set though.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Someone is actually selling an Olly Moss Pikachu on ebay. I had a maximum at £110, but of course it went higher than that. Crazy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olly-Moss...212&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=360509671435&

I sold mine recently for $100 on EB, thinking that was an absurdly high price. Then I got PM's from people telling me I was crazy for going so low, since it goes for at least $300. It's crazy how much people are willing to pay for that thing.

Edit: Oh jeez, that one you linked is 1/100, that is going to go for so much.

V_Ben

Banned
I sold mine recently for $100 on EB, thinking that was an absurdly price. Then I got PM's from people telling me I was crazy for going so low, since it goes for at least $300. It's crazy how much people are willing to pay for that thing.

Edit: Oh jeez, that one you linked is 1/100, that is going to go for so much.

Yeah, its going to really go for a lot. I just can't justify going over £150, not as a student :p

And yeah... 1/100. I can see it going for over £250

11/20/2012:

Tarantino XX

Set includes the cover screenprint as well as a collage giclee.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. This poster set will be available online at a random time on Tuesday, November 20th.

e1353344027.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" twelve color screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. Giclee included with purchase. $100

e1353355753.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 9"x37" giclee. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Included with purchase of the above poster.

On sale TOMORROW at a random time: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12

lupinko

11/20/2012:

Tarantino XX

Set includes the cover screenprint as well as a collage giclee.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. This poster set will be available online at a random time on Tuesday, November 20th.

e1353344027.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 24"x36" twelve color screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. Giclee included with purchase. $100

e1353355753.jpg

Poster by Ken Taylor. 9"x37" giclee. Hand numbered. Edition of 325. Included with purchase of the above poster.

On sale TOMORROW at a random time: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12

hnnng I want the QT print, hopefully I can make up for missing the RD one. EDIT: Actually the 9x37" looks cooler.

suplex

Acedia purchase button didn't even show up for me until it was sold out. Oh well, hope the next one is a timed release.

I got (apparently) really lucky. Purchase button showed up right away, had my PayPal pw copied, and hit pay now, took about 5 seconds.

Real glad I didn't go pick up a Wii-U on Sunday, so I had the cash!

11/26/2012:

Hanzo'd by Craig Drake

AFTER_1_1024x1024.jpeg

36"x18" screen print. Hand-numbered edition of 130. $50

How to buy online: http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/collections/weapon-of-choice/products/hanzod-craig-drake @ 10 AM PST

Hanzo'd Before Variant by Craig Drake

BEFORE_1024x1024.jpg

36"x18" screen print. Hand-numbered edition of 75. $65

How to buy online: http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/c...ce/products/hanzod-before-variant-craig-drake @ 10 AM PST

Hanzo'd Before and After Matching Numbered Set by Craig Drake

SET_1024x1024.jpg

36"x18" screen prints. Hand-numbered edition of 75 & 130 -- with matching numbers. $100

How to buy online: http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/collections/weapon-of-choice/products/hanzod-matched-numbered @ 10 AM PST

Meier

For anyone with good taste in music.. :)

US Holiday Shoppers!

Purchase ANY First Aid Kit release at participating indie retail, and score a FREE limited edition screen print with your purchase.

Available now at the following stores, while supplies last:

Amoeba Music Hollywood, Amoeba Music San Francisco, Bull Moose Music, CD World- Eugene, Dearborn Music, Dimple Records, Easy Street Records, Electric Fetus, Everyday Music Fingerprints, Grimey’s, Homer’s, Independent Records Main, J & R Music World, Music Millennium, Newbury Comics, Other Music, Park Ave CDs, Rasputin HQ, Reckless Records- Wicker Park, Record Exchange Boise, Rhino/ Mad Platter, Silver Platters LLC, Sonic Boom Records, Sound Garden, Strictly Discs, The Exclusive Co, Twist and Shout, Waterloo, Zia Record Exchange Good Records, Criminal Records, Graywhale HQ, Disc Exchange, Vintage Vinyls, Euclid Records, Transcontinent/Record Theatre, Princeton Record Exchange, Electric Fetus- Duluth, and Lunchbox Records

The one I picked up was sadly a bit bent on the edges but oh well, I'm sure it'll be fine when I frame it. There are apparently 500 of them out there.

11/21/2012:

Let's See if You Bastards Can Do Ninety Artist Proof Edition by Mark Englert

let_s-see-if-you-bastards-can-do-ninety-FINAL.jpg

12x36
7 color silkscreen print
glow in the dark layer and metallic silver ink
AP 35 available of 40
one per customer. $50.

If you would like a sketch of your choice in the 1-inch margin, send an extra $30 to mark@markenglert.com immediately after checkout and include your sketch request in the Paypal comments.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/let-s-see-if-you-bastards-can-do-ninety between 9-10 PAC

You Killed a Pine Artist Proof Edition by Mark Englert

let_s-see-if-you-bastards-can-do-ninety-FINAL-VARIANT.jpg

12x36
7 color silkscreen print
glow in the dark layer and metallic silver ink
AP 20 available of 24
one per customer. $75.

If you would like a sketch of your choice in the 1-inch margin, send an extra $30 to mark@markenglert.com immediately after checkout and include your sketch request in the Paypal comments.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/you-killed-a-pine between 9-10 PAC

You are my Lucky Star Green Colorway by Mark Englert

you-are-my-lucky-star-PMS-326.jpg

12x36
3 color hand-pulled silkscreen print
printed on black paper
45 available of 250
one per customer. $50.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/you-are-my-lucky-star-green-version between 9-10 PAC

Pollos by Mark Englert

POLLOS-FINAL.jpg

12x36

4 color hand-pulled screen print
official breaking bad arg print
35 available of 300
one per customer. $60.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/pollos between 9-10 PAC

This is My Farm. . . I'll Die Here by Mark Englert

This-is-my-farm_I_ll-die-here-FINAL.jpg

12x36
4 colors + glow in the dark layer
42 available of 450
one per customer. $50.

How to buy online:http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/this-is-my-farm-i-ll-die-here between 9-10 PAC

This is My Farm. . . I'll Die Here Variant Set by Mark Englert

PastedGraphic-5.jpg

set of two prints:

1st print

12x36

4 colors

2nd print

12x36

1 color on black paper
no glow in the dark ink on either print
7 available of 150
one per customer. $125.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/this-is-my-farm-i-ll-die-here-variant-set between 9-10 PAC

The Oldest and Most Mighty Race in the Universe Glow in the Dark Variant Artist Proof Edition by Mark Englert

the-oldest-and-most-mighty-race-in-the-universe-r1.jpg

18x24
5 color hand-pulled screen print
glow in the dark layer and fluorescent inks
AP signed and numbered by artist
40 available of 50
one per customer. $50.

*if you'd like the artist to hand finish your poster, send $100 to mark@markenglert.com and include your request in the Paypal comments. You may request any Doctor/Companion team OR any villain of your choice. See the third picture for an example*

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/the-oldest-and-most-mighty-race-in-the-universe between 9-10 PAC

Stop Listening to the Static by Mark Englert

stop-listening-to-the-static-FINAL.jpg

18x24

5 color hand-pulled screen print
glow in the dark layer and red metallic ink
8 available of 40
one per customer. $150.

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/stop-listening-to-the-static between 9-10 PAC

Zombie Portrait by Mark Englert

morreale_zombie_portrait_final.jpg

9x12 on watercolor paper

drawn with sumi ink and dr. ph martins proof white

email your picture to mark@markenglert.com immediately after checkout and you will be drawn as a zombie!

one figure only, if you would like additional figures added, send $50 per figure to mark@markenglert.com via paypal

How to buy online: http://www.tacobelvedere.bigcartel.com/product/zombie-portrait between 9-10 PAC

I_Am_CC

Snagged me a Tarantino XX set. The Tarantino fan boy in me is giddy. Had a meeting at work this morning that ran late and was worried I wouldn't be home in time. Can't wait to see what Mondo has in the works for Django.

Up now:

Arya by Mark Lone

ARYA+STARK+WITH+SNOWFLAKES+FOR+WEB.jpg

17"x11" digital print on shimmering ice crystal paper. hand-signed/numbered edition of 20. Can request a sketch on the print.

How to buy online: email the artist directly: garybusy@hotmail.com ONLY 2 LEFT

The Others artist proof edition by Mark Lone

the+others+web+preview.jpg

MYSTERY+PRINT.jpg

24"x12" 5 color glow in the dark silkscreen. ap edition of 10
artist proof comes with a free surprise bonus print also game of thrones inspired print that is 11X17 printed on "shimmering ice crystal paper". (Last time the free bonus print with Dragon Mother was the arya print).
$65 for both. Can request a sketch on the print.

How to buy online: email the artist directly: garybusy@hotmail.com

Up now:

Arya by Mark Lone

ARYA+STARK+WITH+SNOWFLAKES+FOR+WEB.jpg

17"x11" digital print on shimmering ice crystal paper. hand-signed/numbered edition of 20. Can request a sketch on the print.

How to buy online: email the artist directly: garybusy@hotmail.com ONLY 2 LEFT

The Others artist proof edition by Mark Lone

the+others+web+preview.jpg

MYSTERY+PRINT.jpg

24"x12" 5 color glow in the dark silkscreen. ap edition of 10
artist proof comes with a free surprise bonus print also game of thrones inspired print that is 11X17 printed on "shimmering ice crystal paper". (Last time the free bonus print with Dragon Mother was the arya print).
$65 for both. Can request a sketch on the print.

How to buy online: email the artist directly: garybusy@hotmail.com

Definitely worth it. :)

This seems crazy to me, or maybe just a crazy good deal depending on what this guy's is looking to trade: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=103015

I don't think any of those is worth an Ansin Bride, but maybe that's just me.

Edit: Though the Geddes he's linking to is the OG so maybe that's why he's thrown so many prints in the ring.

As someone with both an RD Variant and an Acedia, this is relevant to my interests... Don't think I would trade them though. Maybe for a Struzan and The Bride... Don't think he'd go for that.

omgkitty

As someone with both an RD Variant and an Acedia, this is relevant to my interests... Don't think I would trade them though. Maybe for a Struzan and The Bride... Don't think he'd go for that.

Dude if he would take the Acedia and RD Variant for Bride you would be an absolute fool not to take that deal.

11/23/2012:

MONDO TEES said:
Black Friday is almost here. We wanted to let you know that we definitely have some releases planned. This Friday, between the hours of 10AM and 12PM (noon) CST, we will randomly be releasing a handful of new posters. The first item we'll have will be Volume II of our Mondo poster book. These are all assembled by hand and leather bound in a nice hardcover book. You can see some detail shots over at our blog right HERE.

Following the release of the book, it's all a surprise.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. This book and the following releases will be available online between the hours of 10AM and 12PM on Black Friday, November 23rd.

e1353446426.jpg

Poster book. 9"x12" leather bound, hardcover book. Embossed "M" logo. Assembled by hand. Hand numbered. Edition of 100. $200

Risible

After losing out on the Stout Reservoir Dog I came to the realization that I think I'm out of this hobby.

It's expensive, and the drops take up so much of your time. I spent half a day for naught waiting for the RD drop. I understand why it has to be done the way it's done, but it still sucks.

I might try if something really cool drops from Danger or Olly or Stout or Taylor (read: someone finally produces an Escape From NY print I like) but otherwise I'm going to curtail my poster buying in a big way.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
After losing out on the Stout Reservoir Dog I came to the realization that I think I'm out of this hobby.

It's expensive, and the drops take up so much of your time. I spent half a day for naught waiting for the RD drop. I understand why it has to be done the way it's done, but it still sucks.

I might try if something really cool drops from Danger or Olly or Stout or Taylor (read: someone finally produces an Escape From NY print I like) but otherwise I'm going to curtail my poster buying in a big way.

*shrug* - the really awesome drops are always the hardest. The Stout drop was insane. I haven't missed a Mondo drop I've wanted and was on-top of (ie, not away from the computer) in a WHILE, and I missed the RD Variant.

But that's the fun part about this hobby too, you can easily get the stuff you want if you hit the right drops. That 60 dollar RD print can be traded to a fan who missed it for a 200 dollar print. I got my Moss Mario with my SDCC Mononoke Regular (great idea to trade that one early).

Anyways, you can't get too discouraged about missing the mega drops cause it's gonna happen. Stout and Moss are crazy. But if you stay involved you'll get other prints that you can trade for them along the line.

tl;dr - you win some, you lose some, but the ones you win can a lot of times make up for the ones you lose.

Also - learn the (typical) drop times. You shouldn't really be refreshing Mondo much before 10am their time, and usually it's done by noon. Two hours tops. Unless they are being evil, which happens occaisionally

Sigma722

*shrug* - the really awesome drops are always the hardest. The Stout drop was insane. I haven't missed a Mondo drop I've wanted and was on-top of (ie, not away from the computer) in a WHILE, and I missed the RD Variant.

But that's the fun part about this hobby too, you can easily get the stuff you want if you hit the right drops. That 60 dollar RD print can be traded to a fan who missed it for a 200 dollar print. I got my Moss Mario with my SDCC Mononoke Regular (great idea to trade that one early).

Anyways, you can't get too discouraged about missing the mega drops cause it's gonna happen. Stout and Moss are crazy. But if you stay involved you'll get other prints that you can trade for them along the line.

tl;dr - you win some, you lose some, but the ones you win can a lot of times make up for the ones you lose.

Also - learn the (typical) drop times. You shouldn't really be refreshing Mondo much before 10am their time, and usually it's done by noon. Two hours tops. Unless they are being evil, which happens occaisionally

Sums it up well.

RD drop was so stressful, ugh.

Friday will be stressful too. Also it's a payday. The perfect storm.

Risible

Been doing it a while, so I know the score ;). That's the problem - I know for a fact that they've done at least one drop at something like 8:45am my time (EST), so I feel compelled to stay by the PC starting at 8:30am or so.

I know all the tricks and still missed out on the RD. TBH, I have more art than will ever fit on my walls - why am I still collecting it? It's crazy if you step back and look at it.

Postersandtoys said:
Greetings!
I will be having a massive inventory overhaul for Black Friday. I will be adding and restocking over 100 posters/prints, so if you've been looking for something, chances are, a few copies may be up for sale.

The site will close sometime tomorrow (Wednesday, November 21st). It will then reopen on Friday, November 23rd at a random time in the morning (central time). All new items will be located in the "New Stuff" and/or "Restocks" categories.

In addition to the new inventory, you can use promo code "BLACK" for 10% off your order.

Visit Postersandtoys.com!!!!

FAQ:

Q: What Kind of Prints Will Be Restocked?

A: A wide variety of both new items and restocks. For instance, some copies of Tyler Stout's Pelican poster, a number of archived Ken Taylor concert posters (Bon Iver, Sonic Youth, more), a copy or two of old Tyler Stout Mondo stuff, etc etc etc etc.

Q: Will they be sold for their original price?

A: Many will be, but some (like the aforementioned Stout Mondo posters) will obviously be priced closer to current market value.

Old Stout Mondo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom