• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Got my Charlie Brown Thanksgiving back and it has now replaced the Great Pumpkin in its place. Outer matte is actually a light /pale green.

whalenthanksgiving1.jpg

whalenthanksgiving2.jpg

omgkitty

Figured I'd throw this up here first. Got this from the show, but now I'm desperately in need of money and this is just too far down my framing queue. If you're interested in it, just hit me up on here or on EB.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Ok, I just dropped in here and read a little.

Can anyone explain to me why easily mass manufacturable things like posters are distributed thus way in small amounts? This is blatant manufactured scarcity.

Ok, I just dropped in here and read a little.

Can anyone explain to me why easily mass manufacturable things like posters are distributed thus way in small amounts? This is blatant manufactured scarcity.

Lol, you don't ask an honest question and then provide your own answer.

1) Licensing fees.

2) Quality assurance.

Lol, you don't ask an honest question and then provide your own answer.

1) Licensing fees.

2) Quality assurance.

What he said and...

1. The licensing deal with the studios that the licensee has only permits them to create and sell x amount of posters -- with x varying per deal.

2. These are mostly screen prints -- a labor intensive printing technique that isn't as simple as pressing the print button on an inkjet printer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wogKeYH2wEE&playnext=1&list=PL1F10516F12F2F3A6&feature=results_video

3. Collectibility.

IronRinn

Ugh, just read about the Mondo Black Friday deal. Was hoping it would just be the book. Hopefully whatever drops isn't anything too awesome (if a Moss Ghibli gets dropped during this shit I'm gonna fucking lose it.)

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Mondo book is up.

Any guesses about what else will be released today? I'm kind of hoping one is a Ghibli print.

omgkitty

Mondo book is up.

Any guesses about what else will be released today? I'm kind of hoping one is a Ghibli print.

On one hand I feel like an awesome drop will be easier to pickup because it will be random and people won't know about it, but then again it seems easy for me to not pay attention for 30 seconds and then miss out. I'm hoping for a Moss Bride of Frankenstein drop.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Sold out already. Thought it would take a while longer due to the price.

Me too. Didn't want it anyway, though.

A Daniel Danger Psycho print just came up. I wonder if it's just going to be 2 hours of continuous drops? What was it like last year?

lupinko

I like how the mondo that is available to me right away was one I have no interest in.

And like all mondos it is now sold out (Psycho).

Oh well, the wait continues for me to nab a Mondo of my preference.

swoon

I would totally be okay with a Saul Bass inspired Vertigo Moss poster.

i guess the issue is they aren't going to be as good as the original posters - so what's the point really? like it seems more fun to give movies good posters who didn't posters designed by saul bass.

like how criterion knows which movies to resuse the art from.

omgkitty

i guess the issue is they aren't going to be as good as the original posters - so what's the point really? like it seems more fun to give movies good posters who didn't posters designed by saul bass.

like how criterion knows which movies to resuse the art from.

This is true but do you know how stupidly hard it is to find a reproduction of the original 1958 Bass poster? I keep looking but can only find the 1995 reprint which looks worse because they changed the color and removed the border. Besides, Olly would never ripoff Bass, especially not for a film he already did a poster for. His Vertigo poster is absolutely perfect.

IronRinn

Slater Robocop.

Edit: That's a good one from him, but not something I need. Also, all of you people hoping for a Ghibli today are the worst. The worst, I say!

omgkitty

Same here, was never really a fan of the movie.

I've never seen the film. It seems like one of those films that people who saw it in theaters when they were teenagers now love and think it's the greatest thing ever. Other things like that include Jurassic Park, TMNT, Transformers...this list goes on and on.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I've never seen the film. It seems like one of those films that people who saw it in theaters when they were teenagers now love and think it's the greatest thing ever. Other things like that include Jurassic Park, TMNT, Transformers...this list goes on and on.

oh man, its not like that at all. you really should see it.

but that slater poster sucks either way

bummed about the danger psycho too. obvious take off of the psycho 2 one sheet, doesn't capture the first film very well at all imo

Meier

Can anyone post a link to the Chrome extension for checking for page updates? I have it installed at work but not at home and I can't recall the name..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom