• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to be in the Wii U print. Any chance it's possible for one person to order two so I can get my brother (who owns a Wii U as well) one for Christmas?

If I even get a chance to get one of those Looney Tunes prints, I can't decide which one. I like the Sylvester one more but I love the short with Bugs.

omgkitty

Right, I'm bloody furious at Royal Mail right now. They delivered my BTTF poster to home, but they left it under a tap outside my house! Fucking thing is completely soaked, and is drying out on my bed now. I can't believe it. Filing a full claim against them.

Did you take pictures and send to Mondo? I'm sure they'll send you another one.

V_Ben

Banned
Did you take pictures and send to Mondo? I'm sure they'll send you another one.

I'm not at home right now so I can't take pictures, but I sent a claim to mondo explaining it. If they want pictures I'll have my folks take some... Can't believe it. How do Royal Mail do it...

omgkitty

I'm not at home right now so I can't take pictures, but I sent a claim to mondo explaining it. If they want pictures I'll have my folks take some... Can't believe it. How do Royal Mail do it...

How does anyone do it? All the companies who ship things are shit for the most part. There's too much room for error when you're handling that many things and have that many variables.

Sushigod7

I'd like in on the Wii U print, happy deluxe owner here!

How does anyone do it? All the companies who ship things are shit for the most part. There's too much room for error when you're handling that many things and have that many variables.

Agreed I just got a Fangamer print in and looks like one of the caps came out so someone decided to stuff it inside which creased and nicked one whole side of the poster. That was US Postal but yeah even when the shipper takes precautions it can still get messed up. Fangamer is awesome and replaced but they shouldn't have to what a joke.

V_Ben

Banned

Yeah, true :/ Hopefully Mondo have spares of the BTTF print...

omgkitty

How do people not know to tape down the ends of the tube? That's like sticking something in an envelope and then not making sure it's closed.

omgkitty

Yeah kind of wondered myself but I've actually got a few like that from different companies. Makes zero sense.

I sent a print to someone and they told me to make sure I taped the ends of the tube in case it rained. I was like "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!" Tape down the ends of the tube because I'm not an idiot!

X-post:

This finally came today from Australia. It's now probably the coolest thing I own:

Click and hold for detail:
P4XnV.jpg

AIupq.jpg

6ASK7.jpg

#3/375

Also I got a bunch of Blu Rays and Far Cry 3 on Steam but who gives a shit.

UP NOW:

Tina's Mom's Boyfriend Full Show Poster Set
by We Buy Your Kids

wbyk-fullset-main.jpg

Full show poster set by We Buy Your Kids. Thirteen 18"x24" screen prints. Hand numbered. Matching numbers. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. One per person/household/etc. $450.00.

How to buy online: To purchase, please contact gallery@mondotees.com

I'd love to be in the Wii U print. Any chance it's possible for one person to order two so I can get my brother (who owns a Wii U as well) one for Christmas?

I'd like in on the Wii U print, happy deluxe owner here!

Noted and PM'd

Here's the updated list of people that are in for a Wii U Early Adopters print:

Expressobeans:

1. Googscarley
2. RottenAtom
3. MovieManJeff1012
4. Mobius006
5. Darkknight37
6. Starkdesign
7. finalfilppula

Neogaf:

1. Mockingbird
2. Listerfeend
3. Omgkitty
4. jstevenson
5. Thekonamicode
6. Count Dookake
7. RedStep
8. Dreweyes
9. Moop2000
10. Darryl
11. Trevelyan
12. DrAndonuts
13. BreakyBoy
14. Chairhome
15. IronRinn
16. Lambtron
17. Riptwo
18. Sigma722
19. VGChampion
20. Sushigod7
21. Greyvvolf
22. polyh3dron
23. risible
24. Valerie Cherish
25. Kalren

I should have a cost estimate up soon. Unfortunately my quote of $12 was a bit too low. The actual cost still shouldn't exceed $20 shipped though. And you ARE allowed to change your mind. You're not obligated to buy a print should you be on the list -- it just means you're likely and eligible to buy =)

UP SOON:

Hyde & Go Tweet by Phantom City Creative

e1354728348.jpg

Poster by Phantom City Creative. 18"x24" screen print. Hand signed/numbered artist proof edition Printed by D&L Screenprinting.

How to buy online: http://phantomcitycreative.bigcartel.com/ @ a random time between 2 - 3 PM EST

Plus they will be having a flat file sale with sold out prints along with ones never sold before!

I'm in for the Wii U thing. Deluxe owner here.

Noted!

Update on Wii U print costs!

At an edition of 30, the cost without shipping will be about $13 each. Shipping should be no more than $5 so we're looking at around $18 shipped each. I expect more people to join, thus lowering the costs though.

Coming next week:

Return of the Jedi by James Silvani

SWOTLTD209SS.jpg

Officially-licensed screen print.
Edition size: 250
Dimensions: 16″ x 24″
Retail Price: $50.00

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/ @ a random time.

Revenge of the Sith by James Silvani

SWOTLTD206SS.jpg

Officially-licensed screen print.
Edition size: 250
Dimensions: 16″ x 24″
Retail Price: $50.00

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/ @ a random time.

Darryl

Banned
I bought an 18" x 24" print. I've never framed anything before, is it as easy as I think it is? Just go to a craft store and pick out a frame in that size?

Kalren

I think I'd be interested in the Wii U print if its still available.

I've been a fan of this thread but haven't jumped in the waters fully yet.

I think I'd be interested in the Wii U print if its still available.

I've been a fan of this thread but haven't jumped in the waters fully yet.

NOTED!

Here are the details again for those who might've missed the post:

If you own a Wii U and visit this thread regularly listen up!

We're commissioning a print for early adopters of the Wii U. We're commissioning artist Bobby O'Herlily to do a small 5"x7" giclee print for Nintendo fans. It's not licensed or official or anything, so no profit will be made. We will only charge the cost of printing, shipping, and share in the commission costs.

There is but a single requirement in order to buy a print. You MUST be a Wii U owner by the end of December 31, 2012.

The cost will be very cheap by the by. I don't think it will be more than $20 shipped to your door and this is estimating on the high end! Likely the real costs will be $12 for the print including printing cost and $3-$4 for the shipping. We won't know until we have the final number of orders in.

The edition size will be locked to the number of orders. If you're interested please post here or send me a message!

Here are some samples of Bobby O' Herlihy's ( http://cynicwithapencil.blogspot.com/ ) work:

Mario_Bobby_O_Blog.jpg

ES_Tribute_Bobby_O_Blog.jpg

Kelsey_Cover_Blog.jpg

Kill_Bill_Bobby_O_Blog.jpg

Army_Poster_Bobby_O_blog.jpg

Gremlins_Blog.jpg

List of those interested in getting a print:

Expressobeans:

1. Googscarley
2. RottenAtom
3. MovieManJeff1012
4. Mobius006
5. Darkknight37
6. Starkdesign
7. finalfilppula

Neogaf:

1. Mockingbird
2. Listerfeend
3. Omgkitty
4. jstevenson
5. Thekonamicode
6. Count Dookake
7. RedStep
8. Dreweyes
9. Moop2000
10. Darryl
11. Trevelyan
12. DrAndonuts
13. BreakyBoy
14. Chairhome
15. IronRinn
16. Lambtron
17. Riptwo
18. Sigma722
19. VGChampion
20. Sushigod7
21. Greyvvolf
22. polyh3dron
23. risible
24. Valerie Cherish
25. Kalren
26. persongr
27. Kyou

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I bought an 18" x 24" print. I've never framed anything before, is it as easy as I think it is? Just go to a craft store and pick out a frame in that size?

This largely depends on the value of the print to be honest and if you want to do it "right".

A few things at play with the 18 x 24 off the shelf:

Non-archival backing (acidic, will slowly damage print)
non-UV glass (UV rays will fade print, beware if in direct sunlight, but even floruscent lights will do this over time)
Print touching the glass (some ink will adhere to glass over time, no bueno - this is especially true with metallic inks).

Now, if it's a 30-40 dollar print that you aren't viewing as an investment, probably is ok.

If it's something you want LONG term you may want to find a better solution.

2 options:

DIY - you can go to a place like American Frame and buy the supplies (frame, matte, glass etc) - there are some tools you need. You also could buy a cheap frame from a store and replace some of the pieces of it (ie, add spacers, acid free backing and/or change the glass).

or

Find a non-chain mom-and-pop frame store in your area that does good / cheap work. Something that size without mattes would be 60-65 bucks. Maybe closer to 100 with matting.

good luck

lupinko

I just buy frames from Michaels, it also helps that there is always a weekly sale that you can combine a weekly coupon to get like 50-70% off the price.

12/11/2012:

An American Werewolf in London by We Buy Your Kids

e1355158804.jpg

Poster by We Buy Your Kids. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 135. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

They Live by We Buy Your Kids

e1355158217.jpg

Poster by We Buy Your Kids. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 125. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

How to buy online: http://www.mondotees.com/view_category.asp?cat=12 @ a random time.

V for Vendetta by We Buy Your Kids

e1355158248.jpg

Poster by We Buy Your Kids. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 115. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

The Warriors by We Buy Your Kids

e1355158873.jpg

Poster by We Buy Your Kids. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 105. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $35

Kyou

NOTED!

Here are the details again for those who might've missed the post:

If you own a Wii U and visit this thread regularly listen up!

We're commissioning a print for early adopters of the Wii U. We're commissioning artist Bobby O'Herlily to do a small 5"x7" giclee print for Nintendo fans. It's not licensed or official or anything, so no profit will be made. We will only charge the cost of printing, shipping, and share in the commission costs.

There is but a single requirement in order to buy a print. You MUST be a Wii U owner by the end of December 31, 2012.

The cost will be very cheap by the by. I don't think it will be more than $20 shipped to your door and this is estimating on the high end! Likely the real costs will be $12 for the print including printing cost and $3-$4 for the shipping. We won't know until we have the final number of orders in.

The edition size will be locked to the number of orders. If you're interested please post here or send me a message!

List of those interested in getting a print:
Wait, just like, reply? Cause I'm interested that sounds cool.

Dark Knight

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a Stout Django Unchained here in the next couple of weeks from Mondo. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom