• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PSN Street Fighter 4 RANDOM Select, Teal Time Tournament

As the title implies, anyone that participates in this tournament will be using random select in every match. I think this should be pretty fun and it mixes things up. Also, since people won't be able to use their main, it gives a bigger chance for upsets and wildcard finishes.

The tournament will be real time. Everyone can meet up in the tournament specific PSN chatroom and communicating should be really easy. All I ask is that you have a USB keyboard connected to your ps3 for easy communication. The chatroom should be strictly for posting results, and for me to tell you who your next match is against.

The tentative time for this tourney is going to be Monday night 10 : 30 pm central, October 26. I know it's it's kind of late, but since everyone can play their match at the same time, I really don't think the tourney should take longer than 40 minutes.

Like all online events, lag is going to be an issue. Since it's a random select tournament that shouldn't be taken too seriously anyways, if a match is laggy just go ahead and play it through. If you and your partner want to do a test round or two to test connections then by all means feel free to do so.

Tourney format will be 99s, 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches, double elimination.

If you'd like to participate, please post your PSN in BOLD UNDERLINE

Cut off points will be at 16, 24, and 32.

Let's have fun guys!

RESULTS - http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVUSZH0

Participants (gaf-psn)

1) _dementia - sixteen-bit

2) FindMyFarms - FindMyFarms

3) MoxManiac - MoxManiac

4) DarkSloth - Exuro45

5) GalacticAE - GalacticAE

6) ThatCrazyGuy - CoolGuy4Life

7) Pandaman - pandacraft

8) Abstract Alien - xenoetry

9) Hitokage - hknishino

10) Tiger uppercut - Biggz124

11) hellaandrew - hellaandrew

12) ~Devil Trigger~ - Cydonian

13) jlai - stevenlai

14) Happy Phantom - timmay

15) Teknopathetic - MoodyShuffle

16) Ploid 3.0 - Ploid

MoxManiac

No way to go earlier? I'm in EST and that would be at least 11:30pm for me. actually it might be 12:30, trying to remember the time difference..

GalacticAE

I guess this sounds like fun. Does it have to be teal time tho? Seriously, that's a shit color.

Also I ain't bolding or underlining shit for you.

MoxManiac

Alright, fine. I'm in. It better be quick! BTW, what's the rule on unlocked fighters. I have everyone unlocked but Seth.

You know my PSN already, it's the guy that beats you over and over, lulz

GalacticAE said:
GalacticAE

I guess this sounds like fun. Does it have to be teal time tho? Seriously, that's a shit color.

Also I ain't bolding or underlining shit for you.

Then I'll MAKE YOU

btw ur dq'ed

MoxManiac said:
Alright, fine. I'm in. It better be quick! BTW, what's the rule on unlocked fighters. I have everyone unlocked but Seth.

Don't worry bout it, your fine.

_dementia said:
I've got no keyboard, but I have interest in this.
sixteen-bit

I'm sure you can find a spare one or someone to lend you one by then :p

I guess i'm in, monday eh?
I plan on getting my ass beat anyway, since I only main and practice with viper. :lol
EDIT: 10:30? shi-- i'm gonna have to stealth play.
Biggz124

Ploid 3.0

Please oh please let me get lucky and beat FindMyFarms' Dan. This sounds so fun. It's been so long since I put sf4 in.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Please oh please let me get lucky and beat FindMyFarms' Dan. This sounds so fun. It's been so long since I put sf4 in.

Actually my worst character is Gen, I've literally only played him via random :lol :lol

MoxManiac

I'll autolose if I get viper. I've played her like once or twice agains the computer to unlock shit, that's it. I don't even remember the motions for her moves :lol

MoxManiac said:
I'll autolose if I get viper. I've played her like once or twice agains the computer to unlock shit, that's it. I don't even remember the motions for her moves :lol

OH she's a charge character kinda like guile

DarkSloth said:
So this is still going to happen, right? Tomorrow night?

Yes sir, time is listed in the OP

Once again, if anyone isn't friends with me on PSN add me so I can invite you to the chatroom. I'm going to tell everyone who they'll be up against, so I need EVERYONE to be friends with me.

Ploid 3.0

I'm ready to lose. This will be Legend, wait for it, ary! Will try to record, I need a new recording setup.

So we're using Gaf SF4 chat right?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ThatCrazyGuy said:
I'm a PSN noob. What is Gaf SF4 chat?
the name is pretty self explanatory actually. :p

its a chatroom findmyfarms started for gaf sf4 players. find someone with access or fmf to get an invite.

i'll record my two matches too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hitokage said:
you shouldn't have to friend him if you already have access to gaf sf4 chat through another member.

suffice to say, you have to be friends with atleast one person in the tourney who has the chat channel.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pandaman said:
you shouldn't have to friend him if you already have access to gaf sf4 chat through another member.

suffice to say, you have to be friends with atleast one person in the tourney who has the chat channel.
I was responding as if "friends" wasn't in the context of PSN. ;)

Top Bottom