• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Return of the King - Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Thread

Steroyd

F#A#Oo said:
Sorry to burst you guys bubble but the release date is tomorrow for this. :D UK anyways...it's been changed. It's been sold right now by some retailers...

Wha?

It'll only burst my bubble if it's uber cheap in the shops.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Ofcourse not...:D but there are people out there that don't care about the cost and would happy to pay more. I'm not one of them...but yeah.

Blablurn, try not to faint in excitement (more option file love)...

bayern2ql7.jpg

Steroyd

There is a god and his name is shopto.net.

Got my muthatrukin copy beeches. :D

Server doesn't go up till tomorrow.

Don't know how to get custom soundtracks working.

Installing while I read instructions... I love installing.

No trophies but has in-game achievements, has stats tracker just like last year.

FF_VIII

Banned
Steroyd said:
There is a god and his name is shopto.net.

Got my muthatrukin copy beeches. :D

Server doesn't go up till tomorrow.

Don't know how to get custom soundtracks working.

Installing while I read instructions... I love installing.

Still not sure which version to get.

It's PS3's crappy Konami ID vs 360's crappy D-pad.

Steroyd

Need to make a specific playlist called KONAMI_PES to play MP3's nice one Konami.

Liverpool's roster is the same as the demo, no left winger w00t. :/

The sooner the crowd chants get edited the better Jeez louise.

FF_VIII said:
Still not sure which version to get.

It's PS3's crappy Konami ID vs 360's crappy D-pad.

If you want an option file, get the PS3 version. Seriously.

Steroyd said:
Need to make a specific playlist called KONAMI_PES to play MP3's nice one Konami.

Liverpool's roster is the same as the demo, no left winger w00t. :/

The sooner the crowd chants get edited the better Jeez louise.

There is going to be a downloadable update this week. We'll see if that corrects the rosters. Anyways, so how is the game?

Steroyd

Game plays great can't get away with much down the wings... but then again I'm Liverpool :lol don't ask me about animations or graphics though, ask me what's the difference between an apple and an orange and I'll tell you they're both fruits. XD

Build up play required.

Wow the half time stats seem more detailed than I remembered in PES 08.

Steroyd said:
Game plays great can't get away with much down the wings... but then again I'm Liverpool :lol don't ask me about animations or graphics though, ask me what's the difference between an apple and an orange and I'll tell you they're both fruits. XD

Build up play required.

Wow the half time stats seem more detailed than I remembered in PES 08.

How does it compare to the demo? I'm sure that may be too vague of a question, though. I guess the main point is: are you enjoying it?

Steroyd

Yeah I'm enjoying it off the back of the demo, I just won my first match 2-0 and Leto got a red card... by holding square. :/

Looks like I'll have to be careful with 2nd player tackling.

Players don't "switch off" when you place them on the goal post, which irked me in PES 08 thank god its fixed.

Huggers

Ok I can get this game right now from work. But I am completly stumped as to which version I should get, argggh. Give me some advice people! I like the PS pad, but the xbox is always set up in the front room where as the PS3 gets moved around. I don't have a gold account for Xbox live but can easily buy one. Is there supposed to be any difference between the 2 versions? Tell me what to get people I am incapable of deciding. My bro told me to pick it up today so we can play it before the England game tonight, when I asked him what version I should get he said "go with your heart man", not terribly helpful

dk_

The Hug Dog said:
Ok I can get this game right now from work. But I am completly stumped as to which version I should get, argggh. Give me some advice people! I like the PS pad, but the xbox is always set up in the front room where as the PS3 gets moved around. I don't have a gold account for Xbox live but can easily buy one. Is there supposed to be any difference between the 2 versions? Tell me what to get people I am incapable of deciding. My bro told me to pick it up today so we can play it before the England game tonight, when I asked him what version I should get he said "go with your heart man", not terribly helpful
PS3 --> easy option file swapping

That's the way to go, bro.

I was very disappointed to see that the US version comes out on October 28. what gives?

Will the European version work on a Japanese PS3?

I would go out and get it now if thats the case

norinrad21 said:
I was very disappointed to see that the US version comes out on October 28. what gives?

Will the European version work on a Japanese PS3?

I would go out and get it now if thats the case

How quickly we forget that Konami have waited roughly 5 months to launch the game in the US for about the past 6 years. Waiting a little over 3 weeks should have us dancing in the streets waving Seabass flags.

Gamecocks625 said:
How quickly we forget that Konami have waited roughly 5 months to launch the game in the US for about the past 6 years. Waiting a little over 3 weeks should have us dancing in the streets waving Seabass flags.

Typical PES fan logic. :( so easy to please

Kabuki Waq said:
Typical PES fan logic. :( so easy to please

What the hell are you talking about? Typical PES fan logic? :lol

you must have missed my quasi-sarcasim with the "dancing in the streets" quip.

So I shouldn't be excited that I get a game much earlier this year than I have the past 6 years? No offense, but please have your head checked before you make a dumb reply.

JonnyBrad

Are there any prem stadiums in the HD versions this year? Last years stadium list on ps360 was fucking crap.

edit:- Just noticed Old Trafford in a screenshot but anything else?

Gamecocks625 said:
What the hell are you talking about? Typical PES fan logic? :lol

you must have missed my quasi-sarcasim with the "dancing in the streets" quip.

So I shouldn't be excited that I get a game much earlier this year than I have the past 6 years? No offense, but please have your head checked before you make a dumb reply.

it seems I am not the only one who missed sarcasm.

spwolf

Kabuki Waq said:
that review was awesome.

the PES crazys like Spywolf should read it.

yeah, it ruins the PES for me completly...

lol.

I could care less what some review writes, after playing demo for 4 matches today which got me very near to football heaven...

PES09 is clicking more and more with every game played, i cant wait for official release...

jts

...hate me...
wtf @ eurogamer

I like when they say "the answer to Fifa's Be a Pro mode" or something like that. Clearly, they know jack shit about the franchise.

Whatever, it doesn't ruin my hype :D

spwolf

mio said:
wtf @ eurogamer

I like when they say "the answer to Fifa's Be a Pro mode" or something like that. Clearly, they know jack shit about the franchise.

Whatever, it doesn't ruin my hype :D

heh... it is all about the lipstick dude, the lipstick...

near

Gold Member
Yay, picked up my copy today! :D

Been playing around with it for at least 3 hours now, it's definitely a different build to the demo. The ball physics is really the essential improvement, and differentiation from PES2008. Passing, tackling, shooting, are all being affected in a positive way by the change, making the game play as realistic as possible. The sensitivity of the shots have been improved from the demo, I was left worried previously so I’m glad they’ve cleared this up.

I’ve been playing with a friend, so I haven’t actually gone out of the exhibition mode yet. Though I noticed that you’re given an option to play Uefa Champions League, in exhibition mode as well, which really is cool, it actually does add the atmosphere you’d hope for. But you’ll find that your unable to change the time of day, it will always remain on “Night”. Nevertheless it's certainly well polished, I haven't encountered any technical issues or anything like that either (PS3 version).

I pretty much thought counter attacks where a thing of the past in the demo, since they quite slowed down the tempo of the game, but that’s not much of an issue anymore. The pace of the game which is more often dependent on the characters AI, ensures that fast breaks and sudden gusts and rushes are still here.

Huge graphical upgrade, great soundtrack, smarter AI, awesome physics, kickass fatigue… Takatsuka sure knows how to please his fans.

Airkiru said:
Yay, picked up my copy today! :D

Been playing around with it for at least 3 hours now, it's definitely a different build to the demo. The ball physics is really the essential improvement, and differentiation from PES2008. Passing, tackling, shooting, are all being affected in a positive way by the change, making the game play as realistic as possible. The sensitivity of the shots have been improved from the demo, I was left worried previously so I’m glad they’ve cleared this up.

I’ve been playing with a friend, so I haven’t actually gone out of the exhibition mode yet. Though I noticed that you’re given an option to play Uefa Champions League, in exhibition mode as well, which really is cool, it actually does add the atmosphere you’d hope for. But you’ll find that your unable to change the time of day, it will always remain on “Night”. Nevertheless it's certainly well polished, I haven't encountered any technical issues or anything like that either (PS3 version).

I pretty much thought counter attacks where a thing of the past in the demo, since they quite slowed down the tempo of the game, but that’s not much of an issue anymore. The pace of the game which is more often dependent on the characters AI, ensures that fast breaks and sudden gusts and rushes are still here.

Huge graphical upgrade, great soundtrack, smarter AI, awesome physics, kickass fatigue… Takatsuka sure knows how to please his fans.

Sounds great. Thanks for the impressions. Have you tried to import songs or crowd chants yet?

Pallaris

dk_ said:
Does the PS3 version still have slowdowns when taking a free/cornerkick like the demo?

huh? The ps3 demo ran at a flawless 60fps... it's never slowed down, torn frames or skipped in countless matches. That includes busy corner/box situations and when taking free kicks. From the demo alone i'd say it has the best framerate of any game this gen. During replays you can get it to skip slightly if you zoom right in but it's minor.

I'd like to know if the full game retains the same smoothness cause I heard they managed to bump the graphics up a bit in the full game.

dk_

Pallaris said:
huh? The ps3 demo ran at a flawless 60fps... it's never slowed down, torn frames or skipped in countless matches. That includes busy corner/box situations and when taking free kicks. From the demo alone i'd say it has the best framerate of any game this gen. During replays you can get it to skip slightly if you zoom right in but it's minor.

I'd like to know if the full game retains the same smoothness cause I heard they managed to bump the graphics up a bit in the full game.
Maybe i should set my PS3 to 720p instead of 1080p. I dunno... it definitely slows down at every free kick and corner kick for me when playing the demo.

Top Bottom