• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Return of the King - Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Thread

Haunted

People will link to eventual patches and options files that are released (for PC and PS3) in here, right? Blaburn, you're the OP, you're responsible. :D

I can't even remember where I got last year's optionsfile/superpatch from. >_< :lol

Afrikan

Pallaris said:
my PS3 is set to 1080 p , and the game defaults to 720 ... no upscale supported. that is strange

have you unchecked 720p, 480p in your display settings.... it should force 1080i/p.......

damn I can't wait for this game to come out here in the States......

I don't know what I'm going to do with my PES2008... I imported the EU version last year.....does anyone know if Gamestop would accept it... :\

Dizzan

MINI Member
Aragahaghdgagahaga. I'm jealous Steroyd, Blaburn.

Its not released til the 30th here in Australia.

Which sux but i'm sort of happy because my final exam is on the 31st. I'll be sitting in front of the tv for months.

Better you guys get practicing so you can have a head start.

Blablurn

hopefully you'll join us as soon as possible dizzan!

omg, be a legend is so good. you can celebreate like torres :lol :lol :lol

FernandoTorres_468x681.jpg

and like toni :lol :lol

Bayerns-Toni-macht-gegen-Gladbach-den-Unterschied_67f75b397d.jpg

Steroyd

Pro Evo has always had the "fix" option since... PES4 and probably earlier, they just made a mode out of it this year is all.

chico

tried to play online with a friend yesterday. both with very good connections in germany...
its unplayable...same shit as last year.

hope the patch today will fix online play... if not then i swear this was my last pes.

fuck you konami... get your shit together!!!!

Dizzan

MINI Member
dk_ said:
I can't believe they totally ripped off the 'Be-A-Pro-Mode' of Fifa.

Game devs have been ripping things off each other for years.
It could be argued that Fifa has been trying to "rip off" PES's gameplay mechanics.

dk_

Steroyd said:
Pro Evo has always had the "fix" option since... PES4 and probably earlier, they just made a mode out of it this year is all.
Ok, why haven't they done it earlier? What a coincidence they came up with it after Euro 08. *sigh*

chico

Steroyd said:
Servers don't go live till 1PM today till then, not touching with barge pole.

yeah i know.... but we couldnt wait!!! despite the big warning at the beginning :D

here i am waiting for a miracle...

someone tried online play with the new patch installed?

Blablurn

chico said:
yeah i know.... but we couldnt wait!!! despite the big warning at the beginning :D

here i am waiting for a miracle...

someone tried online play with the new patch installed?

playing my first game now... let's see

chico

and Berbatov is not in the manutd squad... cant believe that the rosters are not updated. when was the transfer? 2 month ago?

dk_

chico said:
and Berbatov is not in the manutd squad... cant believe that the rosters are not updated. when was the transfer? 2 month ago?
Aren't there regular roster updates from Konami?

Blablurn

I won 6:4 :-o I love Ribery <3

But I don't know which game you played. That was one of my best PES online experiences ever o_O Almost no fucking lags! No shitty warping, WTF?

I played against someone from Germany!

Btw, as superfly said: The game looks great! It's not the best thing in the world but still very good! And I like the gameplay. This is fucking football, dude!

Blablurn said:
I can't believe FIFA ripped off PES' Fantasista mode which exists for years now.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/95157.html

I am pretty sure J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship as the first Winning Eleven game to include this and it was released 31st July 2007. FIFA 08 was released September 07. Wasnt EA talking about BAP mode way before July 07. There is no way EA played J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship and within the space of two months before release, developed and included BAP in FIFA 08.

EA and Konami both took the idea from Namco. Love Football was the first Next-Gen game to use a BAP/BAL mode. There is nothing wrong with using other people's ideas if you can expand on them and make it better.

Blablurn

kobashi100 said:
I am pretty sure J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship as the first Winning Eleven game to include this and it was released 31st July 2007. FIFA 08 was released September 07. Wasnt EA talking about BAP mode way before July 07. There is no way EA played J.League Winning Eleven 2007 Club Championship and within the space of two months before release then included BAP in FIFA 08.

EA and Konami both took the idea from Namco. Love Football was the first Next-Gen game to use a BAP/BAL mode. There is nothing wrong with using other people's ideas if you can expand on them and make it better.

Does anyone remember Libero Grande? :)

medium_me0000038873_2.jpg

Still hard to beliebe that Namco developed football games :)

chico

Blablurn said:

But I don't know which game you played. That was one of my best PES online experiences ever o_O Almost no fucking lags! No shitty warping, WTF?

Btw, as superfly said: The game looks great! It's not the best thing in the world but still very good! And I like the gameplay. This is fucking football, dude!

good!!!! maybe the patch really improved online play or they updated the servers... whatever....

dk_

Blablurn said:

:lol

Blablurn

ah, you must watch more bremen matches :p

just kidding. it was my first match :p and my defense skills are not that good at the moment. But as long as I shoot more goals than the other one, i'm satisfied :|

dk_

Blablurn said:
ah, you must watch more bremen matches :p

just kidding. it was my first match :p and my defense skills are not that good at the moment. But as long as I shoot more goals than the other one, i'm satisfied :|
Fair enough! :D

Steroyd said:
But 6-4's can happen doesn't matter wether they're common or not.
But they shouldn't too often in footie sims.

Blablurn

I think you'll see the same amount of goals during fifa matches :| It's not like these games are exact copies of the real life sport.

and it only happened during the online mode. i didn't shoot more than four goals during the offline games yet.

Srider

Banned
Blablurn said:
I think you'll see the same amount of goals during fifa matches :| It's not like these games are exact copies of the real life sport.

and it only happened during the online mode. i didn't shoot more than four goals during the offline games yet.

Yeah, it's not easy to score at all in normal matches (top player). A lot of the easy scoring positions/plays aren't nearly as effective anymore. Crosses, for example, now requires you to actually get room to cross if you want a good cross. Goalie AI seems to have kicked up a notch too. The easy goals now are mostly limited to those lucky rebounds.

Most of the games so far have realistic score (I play 15 mins matches) at no more than 3 goals scored across both teams.

My PSN ID = Srider

Steroyd said:
But 6-4's can happen doesn't matter wether they're common or not.

21-21 could happen but you arnt likely to see it, scores like that are what use to be the reason people hated fifa game back in the day.

near

Gold Member
Srider said:
Yeah, it's not easy to score at all in normal matches (top player). A lot of the easy scoring positions/plays aren't nearly as effective anymore. Crosses, for example, now requires you to actually get room to cross if you want a good cross. Goalie AI seems to have kicked up a notch too. The easy goals now are mostly limited to those lucky rebounds.

Most of the games so far have realistic score (I play 15 mins matches) at no more than 3 goals scored across both teams.

My PSN ID = Srider

Everything has been pretty much kicked up a notch. You can actually feel like they're taking advantage of the hardware this time. This is why I feel it's become more realistic, it isn't as simple to score from corners, one on ones, or even penalities. :p I love it!

You play 15min matches :eek: Isn't that a tad bit long? I only play 10min matches.

Srider

Banned
Airkiru said:
Everything has been pretty much kicked up a notch. You can actually feel like they're taking advantage of the hardware this time. This is why I feel it's become more realistic, it isn't as simple to score from corners, one on ones, or even penalities. :p I love it!

You play 15min matches :eek: Isn't that a tad bit long? I only play 10min matches.

15mins feels like the right length for me. Gives you enough time to come back if you are behind at the half.

Corners are so much more realistic and fun to play now. The flight of the ball feels much more real, and the physical attributes of players (like height) is much more important and useful. Corners felt like a lottery before, just hit it and see what happens. Now it's much more dramatic, resulting in rebounds, second chances, curving around defenders, etc.

I'm going to love this game once that "new" feel wears off.

Top Bottom