• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Return of the King - Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Thread

GQman2121 said:
Who's reporting this? GS still has it as the second week in November.

It's gone back and forth from Oct. 28th to Nov. 11th and back again so many times. I'm starting to wonder whether even Konami America even knows what the release date is :lol

But for the Japanese folk, here's a sweet package for you:

proevobox.jpg

I like the Sony Bravia ad board in the back ;) I'm surprised there isn't a Sony blimp flying above the stadium in the background.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Gamecocks625 said:
It's gone back and forth from Oct. 28th to Nov. 11th and back again so many times. I'm starting to wonder whether even Konami America even knows what the release date is :lol

proevobox.jpg

I like the Sony Bravia ad board in the back ;) I'm surprised there isn't a Sony blimp flying above the stadium in the background.

why Messi look like young Ibrahimovic in that picture :lol

ElyrionX

How's the online multiplayer for the PS3 version?

With regards to game patches, anybody know whether Konami actively releases patches simultaneously for all regions? Also, is multiplayer gaming region specific? If I get the Euro version, will I be able to play online with my friends who pick up the Asia version later on? I'm asking about the PS3 version, BTW.

ElyrionX

Maverick said:
No, they're not region specific. You're cool.

How sure are you about this?

Because in this thread I created, someone else said that save games are region-specific so I'm not sure who to believe here.

EDIT: Actually, I just did some digging and now I'm pretty sure that saves (or at least option files) are region-specific. So an EU option file is not going to work on the NA version.

spwolf

Gamecocks625 said:

proevobox.jpg

ad board is actually real, from champ league - it looks exactly like that in real life, when you watch CL games...

spwolf said:
ad board is actually real, from champ league - it looks exactly like that in real life, when you watch CL games...

Oh, I know. I was just chuckling at how the Sony Bravia ad is the one in focus. Gotta keep advertising!

jts

...hate me...
So many stars :lol

12! Does it mean something?

insta-edit: oh, i got it. It's Winning Eleven 12 :eek:

jts

...hate me...
Steroyd said:
12th in the series.

No wait that can't be right. o_O
Yeah, thought so after counting PES 2009 stars. 8 against 7 last year. And it would be PES 8.

Why can't it be right?

Oh, ok :lol

ElyrionX said:
How sure are you about this?

Because in this thread I created, someone else said that save games are region-specific so I'm not sure who to believe here.

EDIT: Actually, I just did some digging and now I'm pretty sure that saves (or at least option files) are region-specific. So an EU option file is not going to work on the NA version.

The NA version isn't in many hands yet, has someone actually been able to test it out? I'd be a little surprised if it didn't to be honest. Transferring PES option files to the US version of WE worked perfectly fine on PS2. The games didn't even have the same name, let alone region.

Been playing the ever loving hell out of the demo. I was so ready to give this series an extended break after the last few lacking effort but this seems like everything I've loved about WE's gameplay iterations from WE6 to WE9, polished into a cohesive package. Maverick is dead on about the physics, just in the demo alone every game I've played has been a different dynamic affair. I can't wait to get the full version.

Ryck

Last night in the middle of a frustrating match the game finally "clicked" with me and now I can finally score consistently. I went from hating the game, to kinda liking it, to loving it. It just took some getting used to.

Anyone know a good OF for the PC version? I got the Von one for the Ps3 version but there isn't a pc version of it. Im using one from Soccer gaming right now but its missing certain player ( Fabio, Rafael)

Maverick

I'm lovin' it.

The feel of the game is back to perfection. I've seen so much awesome build-up play, and my favorite new improvement is how the A.I. handles corners and free kicks.

Last year players would just kind of stand in one spot, and the ball would come in, and both players would jump up, with one winning the ball seemingly at random.

This year, players make runs into the box in waves and shit, and on free kicks if you wait for a few seconds, you might have a defender make a late run in from the back.

Awesome.

jts

...hate me...
So guys it happened to me the funniest bug in PES 2009 :lol

I don't know if i should capture it somehow on film and youtube it, since i don't want to give away any bullet to a Fifa fan.

What should i do?!?!?!

spwolf

for anyone that doesnt know, you can add your own menu music as well - same KONAMI_PES playlist as chants, and then go to Gallery menu option...

Quite nice to hear some nice croatian football songs in the bg...

Yagharek

Only thought to ask this after a stunner of a goal in the ps3 demo just now ...

Does the final version allow you to save replays? I loved that in PES3.

jts

...hate me...
RandomVince said:
Only thought to ask this after a stunner of a goal in the ps3 demo just now ...

Does the final version allow you to save replays? I loved that in PES3.
Sure man :D

Now with an HDD (as opposed to the small PS2 memory card) it has been a replay save fest for me. 22 replays or so >.<

The only shame is the load time to watch them later.

Yagharek

Thats awesome. I seem to remember the feature was removed on PES06 on 360, and wasnt hopeful of a return this gen. Thats fantastic news. Hurry up postman!:D

ty_hot

How good is the online? (or how bad) Last year's version would be better without that laggy online.
Are there any game modes like championship, league or something like that or it's only un/ranked matchs and BaL online?

GQman2121

Banned
Since you can't edit the boots again this season (why is that?); what licensed boots made it into the game?

I remember seeing the Nike Vapors in previews and the demo has Adidas F50's. What else have they included?

jts

...hate me...
Update 1.20 is up in euroland (PS3 version). Already installed it.

Not sure of what it has done though. But one thing i can tell, it hasn't ruined the OF i had.

mio said:

Not sure of what it has done though. But one thing i can tell, it hasn't ruined the OF i had.

Rumor has it that Konami will officially release the club update on Monday.

spwolf

mio said:

it seems patch was pulled? so says msg when you login to network...

jts

...hate me...
spwolf said:
it seems patch was pulled? so says msg when you login to network...
Seems so. The problem is now i can't play with people who haven't updated. And my profile is still showing v1.00.00 :/

I wonder if there's a simple way to revert it.

spwolf

deleting game install will fix it for sure...

... BAL is so fucking satisfying once you grow up a bit and start playing better... I am 22 and at Marseille and its so good

spwolf

mio said:
But if i do it, will i lose any gamedata? I am not good with PS3 :|

save data is different... you have game data folder and save data folder, so delete it from game data folder...

Looks like the patch released the other day was incomplete. The complete patch is due today, and will pave the way for the club update.

Konami have released a statement regarding their latest update for PES 2009 due today at 10:00am GMT.

We regret to inform you that owing to technical problems, an incomplete version
of the new update was released accidentally on 30/10/2008 between 00:30-09:30 (GMT).

We have since suspended the patch download, but will be making it available again
on 31/10/2008 at 10:00 (GMT). The new additions include:

1) 2 new features “Replay Upload” and “Theatre of Legends” for Legends Mode.
2) A new Download feature in the System Settings, used for updating various game data.

IMPORTANT NOTICE
* Please note that both “Replay Upload” and “Theatre of Legends” will not be selectable until 5/11/2008.
* Unless you update the game by selecting “Download” from Systems Settings, you won’t be able to
play against customers who have already applied the update.
* Customers who have implemented the wrongly released patch between 00:30-09:30 (GMT) on 30/10/2008,
will need to update their games again.

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused and hope that you can make the most of the new features to enjoy PES 2009 even more.

spwolf

according to posts on pesgaming, player/team update was already included... i think they web upload thing wont work until 5th...

Blablurn

no problem, mio :-o

Just had an awesome online game

Spain (me) 7:6 Brazil

First and Second half:

1:0
1:1
2:1
2:2
2:3
3:3 (87 minute!!!) XD

ET

3:4
3:5
4:5
4:6
5:6
6:6
7:6

:lol :lol

Omg, fucking epic. but defending is still ridiculous.

Maverick

I haven't gone online yet, but I'm loving the single player Champions League mode.

I tried Be a Legend mode last night, and while the concept seems great, I am having a rough time getting my SMF to make any kind of impact on a match.

Barely touched the ball in my trial match, because I didn't know about the "call for ball" button. So I took an offer from Hull City :lol

Played 3 inter-squad matches so far and my stats have barely done up despite having 1 assist.

Should I start over as a striker, or does the game get more fun as you get promoted to taking corners/freekicks as a midfielder?

I imagine it's awesome when you get your first call-up/start, but I'm getting impatient.

Srider said:
Konami needs to hurry up with the patch. Been holding off on starting master league...

I think it's coming on Wednesday. But hey, we here in the US are still waiting for the game itself. :lol

spwolf

Maverick said:
I haven't gone online yet, but I'm loving the single player Champions League mode.

I tried Be a Legend mode last night, and while the concept seems great, I am having a rough time getting my SMF to make any kind of impact on a match.

Barely touched the ball in my trial match, because I didn't know about the "call for ball" button. So I took an offer from Hull City :lol

Played 3 inter-squad matches so far and my stats have barely done up despite having 1 assist.

Should I start over as a striker, or does the game get more fun as you get promoted to taking corners/freekicks as a midfielder?

I imagine it's awesome when you get your first call-up/start, but I'm getting impatient.

you are very impatient...

first time you start playing it will take you 8-15 training matches to get to the bench... and then every other time you go to the training matches again (either you were bad, or moved to new team), you will need 2-3 good training scores to get into the team.

You will become decent player by the time you are 22-23... I am 22 now and started playing for the NT as well as for one of top teams, was in the top 11 in the league last year.... Now I start every match...

Important things to note - every time you change club, you need to prove yourself again. Also check what is club offering contract for - if you are AMF and they need DMF/CMF, it wont work out too well.... I am AMF and I get (now) average over 7.0 for my games, but if they put me into DMF position, my defence is only 56 and I will suck.

Zabojnik

Here's a question: is the UEFA Champions League mode / league integrated into the Master League and / or at least Become a Legend modes? Or is it just present in form of a traditional single player mode, a gimmick-ied single player league, so to say?

spwolf said:
you are very impatient...

first time you start playing it will take you 8-15 training matches to get to the bench... and then every other time you go to the training matches again (either you were bad, or moved to new team), you will need 2-3 good training scores to get into the team.

You will become decent player by the time you are 22-23... I am 22 now and started playing for the NT as well as for one of top teams, was in the top 11 in the league last year.... Now I start every match...

Important things to note - every time you change club, you need to prove yourself again. Also check what is club offering contract for - if you are AMF and they need DMF/CMF, it wont work out too well.... I am AMF and I get (now) average over 7.0 for my games, but if they put me into DMF position, my defence is only 56 and I will suck.

Just for info, what difficulty are you playing on?

Blablurn

Zabojnik said:
Here's a question: is the UEFA Champions League mode / league integrated into the Master League and / or at least Become a Legend modes? Or is it just present in form of a traditional single player mode, a gimmick-ied single player league, so to say?

it's not integrated. it's a stand alone mode

Srider

Banned
After playing weeks of Become a Legend mode, I now suck at the actual game.

I just played an exhibition match vs Liverpool and got owned 4-0 :(

Top Bottom