• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Return of the King - Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Thread

Started playing become a legend mode now that the pc version doesn't crash anymore.

Rather awesome tbh. I'm still 17 started at wigan, now at newcastle. Fun though :D

spwolf

Kinan said:
Be a legend is soo awesome. Made it to national team now, and have grown enough to play some good football already. I even havent touched any other modes yet. God, its so nicely executed... All that fighting for a place in squad really immerse and motivates you.

it works well doesnt it? it works so well, it is funny - it feels as it has been in development for 3-4 years...

spwolf

Blablurn said:

i am sure you already have some option file with german teams, right? WENB sounds inferior to ones already there, which have chants, kits, faces, and updated transfers...

Quick note on the WENB option file (which is out now):

It’s important to remind all the viewers that this OF was only created to make sure all unlicensed English and Spanish teams has their real life kits and team names. Therefore this OF does not include updated squads. This is mainly due to the fact the OF was created to work in conjunction with the update Konami is set to release in November. Once the update hits we will be updating the OF to include Bundesliga and International team. Right now we don’t know how this update will affect someone’s OF, so its a case of wait and see.

Blablurn

spwolf said:
i am sure you already have some option file with german teams, right? WENB sounds inferior to ones already there, which have chants, kits, faces, and updated transfers...

tell me more ! I didn't use any Option file with german teams or chants yet!

jts

...hate me...
I have the one from pesfan with all the spanish teams. No english ones though, or Bayern. I wish there was one OF to rule them all.

mio said:
I have the one from pesfan with all the spanish teams. No english ones though, or Bayern. I wish there was one OF to rule them all.

I think people are waiting until the Konami club update (early November) before really going full on with the OFs.

spwolf

Blablurn said:
tell me more ! I didn't use any Option file with german teams or chants yet!

Liam Kenyon's PES 2009 Option File v1.9

- 7 German Bundesliga Teams in Other League B Fully Complete:-
* 1988 Hoffenheim
* Bayern Munich
* Bayer Laverkusen
* Borrusia Dortmund
* Fc Schalke
* Hamburg SV
* VfB Stuttgart 90% done ( Has all in-game players )
* Werder Bremen 85% done ( Has all in-game players)

All reamaining 10 Bundesliga teams have CORRECT kits but default players.

- Updated all English team kits and names!
* this includes re-done bolton, blackburn away, all epl gk's kits, and west ham away.
- Updated all Spanish team kits and names!
- Correct Logo's for the teams
- Updated all transfers! (ingame players only)
- Made unlicensed National team kits!
- Correct player, league, stadium names!
- Removed fake duplicate players from NT's!
- All La Liga kits correct
- Up-to-date formations for England League, Ligue 1 and Serie A.

( i have not changed the fonts on any shirts apart from most epl)

(credit to WENB(formations and transferes), Yoyowhazaa(basic kit designs) and ArsenalDan(sponsors))

I will update the option file after the big KONAMI update on 3rd of November (this will include the whole bundesliga done properly).

Other updates will be at 1st Feb 09, And any new kit changes.

Thank you for reading and enjoy the opyion file.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=64687

Everyone should use option file - at very minimum for updated kits, updated transfers and german teams... Option files are used in BAL mode as well, so you get proper team names, players, leagues, etc, etc, while playing BAL.

It is very easy to install them to PS3 - they need to be saved on usb stick, just make sure you read the instructions on specific folder they need to be saved in and then you import them manually from PS3 Save Data Utility.

Here is selection of chants:

Arsenal_Chants.mp3 1,945,645 1,871,186 10/18/2008 2:10 AM
AstonVilla_Chants.mp3 1,125,612 1,090,018 10/18/2008 2:11 AM
Blackburn_Chants.mp3 586,443 565,926 10/18/2008 2:11 AM
Bolton_Chants.mp3 615,489 592,978 10/18/2008 2:12 AM
Boro_Chants.mp3 695,630 671,040 10/18/2008 2:15 AM
Celtic_Chants.mp3 1,123,517 1,089,578 10/18/2008 2:12 AM
Chelsea_Chants.mp3 3,016,039 2,924,543 10/18/2008 2:12 AM
England_Chants.mp3 411,732 394,690 10/18/2008 2:13 AM
Everton_Chants.mp3 797,196 770,685 10/18/2008 2:13 AM
Fulham_Chants.mp3 156,780 147,941 10/18/2008 2:13 AM
Hull_Chants.mp3 650,283 627,726 10/18/2008 2:14 AM
Liverpool_Chants.mp3 1,841,783 1,786,744 10/18/2008 2:14 AM
ManCity_Chants.mp3 1,152,046 1,112,972 10/18/2008 2:14 AM
ManUtd_Chants.mp3 4,190,815 4,063,422 10/18/2008 2:15 AM
Newcastle_Chants.mp3 1,146,295 1,109,098 10/18/2008 2:15 AM
Pompy_Chants.mp3 1,258,623 1,217,444 10/18/2008 2:16 AM
Rangers_Chants.mp3 1,216,516 1,175,620 10/18/2008 2:16 AM
Spurs_Chants.mp3 911,824 880,583 10/18/2008 2:17 AM
Stoke_Chants.mp3 962,291 929,446 10/18/2008 2:16 AM
Sunderland_Chants.mp3 1,516,439 1,468,109 10/18/2008 2:17 AM
WBA_Chants.mp3 1,082,872 1,008,099 10/18/2008 2:17 AM
WestHam_Chants.mp3 940,349 790,931 10/18/2008 2:17 AM
Wigan_Chants.mp3 303,273 290,087 10/18/2008 2:18 AM

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=64611

How to import chants
1. Copy them to your PS3 via USB stick or however you want.
2.Create playlist called KONAMI_PES in PS3 music section, and add these chants to it.
3.Then inside of PES, go to the edit mode> team and change chant to mp3 from the playlist (it gives you options only from the playlist).
4. Common issue is that PS3 automatically adds empty space after the playlist name so you need to go and manually delete that space for it to work. And thats it - chants are not related to option files, you can always keep them no matter what updates you do.

My personal favorite option file for ps3 (it includes chants listed above, but no german teams):
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=64749

Srider

Banned
I used the Von Option file too last night. The game is like 1000x better because of it. The game is the same as being fully licensed with all the kits, logos in game, names, squad, etc.

So awesome.

spwolf

Blablurn said:
btw, i played my first "be a legend" online match today :lol such a great experience! We need a gaf game asap!

really? i am in... whats your stupid fucking shit ass konami game id?

BAL is the shit. Its too addictive, for last 3-4 nights I have gone to bed 6 AM...

Decado said:
Can you use option files on an unmodded console (ps3 or 360)?

Option files differ from patches. Option files are a normal save file that includes all of the updated kits, transfers, teams, etc that are entered in via the in-game edit mode. For the PS3, all you need is a USB stick and transfer it from your PC to your PS3.

spwolf said:
again, you guys are looking at wrong sites:
http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277

there are >20 option files out there on pesgaming alone...

Sweet. I visit pesgaming, but haven't been there in a while. I noticed on the site that you can perfectly replicate the USA kit. Nice.

spwolf

Decado said:
Can you use option files on an unmodded console (ps3 or 360)?

of course, just an save file - for PS3 at least, there are millions of them... I saw at least 1 for 360, i am not sure how complicated is to transfer it there... check on PES gaming.

spwolf

Gamecocks625 said:
Option files differ from patches. Option files are a normal save file that includes all of the updated kits, transfers, teams, etc that are entered in via the in-game edit mode. For the PS3, all you need is a USB stick and transfer it from your PC to your PS3.

Sweet. I visit pesgaming, but haven't been there in a while. I noticed on the site that you can perfectly replicate the USA kit. Nice.

players and formations, etc, is 1 file, and then every kit is separate file for itself.

So you can use different option file for correct players, formations, team names, etc, etc, and then add any kit you find anywhere else separatly... it works really well. First time you do it is a bit tedious but after that is easy.

Same goes for chants - once you created playlist, every additional chant is just one click...

Blaburn - I am sure you will find some german chants on german forums and if you do, post them here so I can add it to my collection.

It is quite nice to hear it in the background...

Maverick

Woah. I just looked at the screenies from the option file. I never expected this game to look so good.

I was going to pass on my first Pro Evo game ever this year, but after seeing you can add chants to the game, and reading about the Be a Legend mode, I think I'm gonna run out and grab a copy.

Is this game out yet in Asia/Japan?

Maverick said:
Woah. I just looked at the screenies from the option file. I never expected this game to look so good.

I was going to pass on my first Pro Evo game ever this year, but after seeing you can add chants to the game, and reading about the Be a Legend mode, I think I'm gonna run out and grab a copy.

Is this game out yet in Asia/Japan?

I think the release date in Japan is Nov. 27th (Winning Eleven 2009). The good thing for the Japanese release is that I'm pretty sure it will include the Konami club update on the disk, judging by the official WE2009 website.

Maverick

w00t! Found the Spanish version of the game in Hong Kong today! Go figure :lol

I'm really loving the game so far. With Von's option file, this is truly a return to form for the series. It plays a lot more like the old Winning Elevens on PS2.

But does anyone know of any better chant mp3 packages floating around? The one in Von's option file is kinda fucked because all the files are like 40 seconds long, and I end up hearing "Who the Fuck are Man United?" about 20 times during a match.

jts

...hate me...
Blablurn said:
did i ever say that i fucking love the in game soundtrack :lol so many catchy songs.
Well there was Kennedy, and there was Kim, there was John, and there was Jim :lol

But currently my PES plays mostly Moby.

I picked this up yesterday - first PES I've not picked up at launch due to being somewhat stung by last years version (which, tbh I still played a whole lot but it was definitely lacking).

A massive return to form. I'm really, really liking it so far. I'm still in the familiar (to me) period of adjusting to a new version but it already plays much better than last years. I started a go on the Champion's League and it's such a minor cosmetic difference really to a usual Konami Cup or similar but with the music and everything - it makes a world of difference to me. And Be a Legend mode - amazing. I'm still in training matches but I love the thought of making my debut, perhaps winning a national call up and ultimately winnin my dream move to Rangers :D

The presentation is much cleaner (the board thing last year where you could only see one option on the title was ridiculous), replays are more than 5ps and the edit mode is much more comprehensive.

What's online like? Last year was a fucking disaste obviously but if it's as good as PES 6 then I'll be happy enough - that played perfectly well for me.

Is there any way for these options files to work on 360?

Anyway, very impressed so far.

Blablurn

performance is great but the strikers are "almost" unstoppable during online matches o_O at least the very good ones like rooney or eto

ksamedi

I love the be a legend mode. Made it to the first team and played my fist match as a regular. It feels great to start on the field. The trainer sent me off minute 60 though :lol

Blablurn

ksamedi said:
I love the be a legend mode. Made it to the first team and played my fist match as a regular. It feels great to start on the field. The trainer sent me off minute 60 though :lol

BAL is so awesome. I helped Mallorca to become champion! In my first year :) But I transfered myself to Valencia after this great success.

spwolf

Maverick said:
w00t! Found the Spanish version of the game in Hong Kong today! Go figure :lol

I'm really loving the game so far. With Von's option file, this is truly a return to form for the series. It plays a lot more like the old Winning Elevens on PS2.

But does anyone know of any better chant mp3 packages floating around? The one in Von's option file is kinda fucked because all the files are like 40 seconds long, and I end up hearing "Who the Fuck are Man United?" about 20 times during a match.

they are 40 seconds long for an reason - PES plays them from start and depending on how actioan plays out, i doubt they ever play for more than 40 seconds... I tried with actual mp3 song and it always stops way before the middle of the song, let alone end...

FF_VIII

Banned
lochnesssnowman said:
I picked this up yesterday - first PES I've not picked up at launch due to being somewhat stung by last years version (which, tbh I still played a whole lot but it was definitely lacking).

A massive return to form. I'm really, really liking it so far. I'm still in the familiar (to me) period of adjusting to a new version but it already plays much better than last years. I started a go on the Champion's League and it's such a minor cosmetic difference really to a usual Konami Cup or similar but with the music and everything - it makes a world of difference to me. And Be a Legend mode - amazing. I'm still in training matches but I love the thought of making my debut, perhaps winning a national call up and ultimately winnin my dream move to Rangers :D

The presentation is much cleaner (the board thing last year where you could only see one option on the title was ridiculous), replays are more than 5ps and the edit mode is much more comprehensive.

What's online like? Last year was a fucking disaste obviously but if it's as good as PES 6 then I'll be happy enough - that played perfectly well for me.

Is there any way for these options files to work on 360?

Anyway, very impressed so far.

360's is rubbish. Not as bad as last year, but still bad.

ElyrionX

So I thought I wasn't buying this because I didn't want to continue supporting Konami's slipshod efforts. But I just had some friends over and we played 2v2 on the demo and it was a blast. I think I'm buying it this year. :(

Blablurn

ElyrionX said:
So I thought I wasn't buying this because I didn't want to continue supporting Konami's slipshod efforts. But I just had some friends over and we played 2v2 on the demo and it was a blast. I think I'm buying it this year. :(

doit.gif

Maverick

After playing my first five full games last night, I actually cannot believe what an improvement this game is over last year.

With the option patch + chants, the atmosphere is top notch!

For instance:

Last night, I played a game of Hull City vs. Tottenham, a night game in the pouring rain. First of all, the weather effects are about 20 times better than last year's game. And the ball physics on all 3 of the goals reminded me of the PES5 glory days - a one-hopper from outside the box skips off the wet turf and takes a funny bounce off the post, a corner richochets off of a defenders should and changes direction into the top corner, etc...

Basically, I finally get the feeling that "anything can happen" again. This was a staple of the old PES gameplay on the PS2. Games became far too formulaic with the move to next-gen.

Goals just seem a lot more rewarding, eventhough shooting is much more challenging this time around (personally, I like it that way).

Best of all, you can really, really tell the difference in the quality of players this year. Hull City were miserable skill-wise, and I had to rely on winning set pieces and playing conservative defense.

Too bad so many long time PES fans have already bailed on the series. They're missing a a great game.

Dizzan

MINI Member
darkvir said:
Damn, I just found out that the release is bumped up in NA to the 28th~! YES~!

WTF?? I'm assuming you're talking about October.

You're getting it before us in Australia. We have to wait til the 30th.
AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

ElyrionX

Are option files region-specific on the PS3? If I buy the Asian version of the game, will I be able to use the option files from the pesgaming site?

Maverick

ElyrionX said:
Are option files region-specific on the PS3? If I buy the Asian version of the game, will I be able to use the option files from the pesgaming site?

No, they're not region specific. You're cool.

ElyrionX

Maverick said:

Is this only for PES or is this applicable to all PS3 games?

I remember downloading some save files for a PSP game and finding out that the save files were region-specific so I'm wondering whether the PS3 has a similar structure in place.

Yagharek

Heads up for aussie-gaf. cdwow.com.au have the PS3 version for $82.95. Given how shit the AUD is at the moment, its the cheapest option for importing by far, and nearly $30 cheaper than RRP. Mine just shipped :D

Maverick said:

Are you just assuming it will work or do you know for sure? Because if this is true, then I'm definitely going to use the UK option files on my US version.

Downloaded the WENB option file and it looks great, did the transfers for the prem....havnt come across any afro hair yet though, Fellaini just dosnt look right without it :(

Top Bottom