• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Return of the King - Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Thread

jts

...hate me...
My guess is you wanted to dislike the game to begin with, but still i'll tell you this:

To ask for the ball, just tap R2 twice. To know how your performance went, check your rating in the end of each game.

The rest i just disagree.

FF_VIII

Banned
mio said:
My guess is you wanted to dislike the game to begin with, but still i'll tell you this:

To ask for the ball, just tap R2 twice. To know how your performance went, check your rating in the end of each game.

The rest i just disagree.

After last years it was hard to be optimistic about this years. Especially after Seabass said they weren't gonna overhaul the engine until PES2010. I still have 6 days with it, so I'll keep trying because I love the PES series. (minus the last 2)

No i'll try it again since I can ask for the ball!

Srider

Banned
Yeah.... I'm not sure any of those are legit complaints....

Like Mio said, press R2 twice to ask for the ball, you can even hold L1 to auto move your guy if you don't know where you should position him.

I'm simply loving Become a Legend mode. I restarted with the leagues that I wanted, and put in an awesome performance first match. Somehow my guy started with 80 stamina this time, allowing me to run all over the field. Made bench by the 5th week. Playing as winger on top player. It's wigan once again with the best offer for my first club. Already scored 3 goals and two assists. I see a glorious career in front of this one.

spwolf

FF_VIII said:
After last years it was hard to be optimistic about this years. Especially after Seabass said they weren't gonna overhaul the engine until PES2010. I still have 6 days with it, so I'll keep trying because I love the PES series. (minus the last 2)

No i'll try it again since I can ask for the ball!

they didnt overhaul the engine? WUT? I will return my copy as soon as I get it tomorrow....

blaburn: add me: spwolf, tomorrow night, me you and san siro...

I know I should be glad that I don't have to wait until February or March of next year for Pro Evo, but still...this extra month is brutal :lol

Blablurn

I don't know if it will work tomorrow because i'll have a long day at the university but you'll get your game at san siro, spwolf :)

@gamecocks! Just a few more days !

Steroyd

I don't get the people who have complained about PES's online this year, it's near perfect almost as good as playing with second controller good and when it does lag on the rare occasion it's negligable.

Not playing online with Liverpool until that roster patch comes, it pissed me off as it is watching the REAL Liverpool have no left winger, and I felt like smashing my pad through the wall playing as shitty leftless Liverpool online.

Steroyd said:
I don't get the people who have complained about PES's online this year, it's near perfect almost as good as playing with second controller good and when it does lag on the rare occasion it's negligable.

Not playing online with Liverpool until that roster patch comes, it pissed me off as it is watching the REAL Liverpool have no left winger, and I felt like smashing my pad through the wall playing as shitty leftless Liverpool online.

I'm hoping that the roster update already comes installed on the US version since we are getting the game in mid November.

EDIT: Holy crap, you change avatars quicker than Steve Spurrier rotates our QBs :lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
I've been playing the crap out of the demo.

I officially love it so much more than last years. It feels really natural for me.

Especially lofted through balls work great.

The 31st cant come soon enough. Hopefully the store will give me my copy early but I doubt it.

Srider

Banned
Dizzan said:
I've been playing the crap out of the demo.

I officially love it so much more than last years. It feels really natural for me.

Especially lofted through balls work great.

The 31st cant come soon enough. Hopefully the store will give me my copy early but I doubt it.

Yeah high through balls are actually realistic now. You can use it just like how it's used in real life. They aren't always huge boot up the field anymore.

The more I play this game the more I realize how much work they put in to make the game feels so close to the real thing. Small things like passing when the receiving player is not looking your way results in him totally not on the same page as you are. Or two players from the same team running into each other going for loose balls. Pretty much everything that I've wanted to do in game to emulate real life football, I can do now in 2009.

I honestly don't see the reason to play anything else, it's really way beyond the competition gameplay wise.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Holy Chelow Kabab

now my CMF " Kratos Kun " is damn good , but the team sucks balls and we lose every time left and right ! I lost a whole season beacuse my stupid idea of team loyalty ( I though i will be next Totti or somethin :( ) , now I need to bailout of this shit hole club right now :lol

on the other hand , the edit mode is so good , i can edit and add everything I want from player to chants :D anyone here know where i can download some good high quality good mp3 English , Scottish , Italian and Japanese Chants ?

Totobeni said:
Holy Chelow Kabab

now my CMF " Kratos Kun " is damn good , but the team sucks balls and we lose every time left and right ! I lost a whole season beacuse my stupid idea of team loyalty ( I though i will be next Totti or somethin :( ) , now I need to bailout of this shit hole club right now :lol

on the other hand , the edit mode is so good , i can edit and add everything I want from player to chants :D anyone here know where i can download some good high quality good mp3 English , Scottish , Italian and Japanese Chants ?

check WENB, PESfan, or PESgaming for chants.

And yes, I'm pumped about the edit mode this year. Even if you don't want to import new chants, you can assign your team various chants that are already in the game.

FF_VIII said:
Game is terrible, imo.

It is indeed. Now even the guys from WENB admit that this game is a mess. This party is over.

Srider said:
I honestly don't see the reason to play anything else, it's really way beyond the competition gameplay wise.

:lol

The AI sucks, the Keepers are crap, passing is scripted and unrealistic and you still can run down the wings with fast players to score an easy goal. But the gameplay is beyond competition. You guys...

jts

...hate me...
dermannmitdemcolt said:
It is indeed. Now even the guys from WENB admit that this game is a mess. This party is over.
Oh shi-!

Guys, you heard the man. Let's stop enjoying the game.

Srider

Banned
dermannmitdemcolt said:

:lol

The AI sucks, the Keepers are crap, passing is scripted and unrealistic and you still can run down the wings with fast players to score an easy goal. But the gameplay is beyond competition. You guys...

Funny how each of those things you listed are the biggest changes going from 08 to 09... but whatever, party's over!!

spwolf

jus got it and yeah, its cool.... gameplay is a bit changed from the demo, defense is easier now... Champ League mode rocks (never liked Master League).

Online is as good as you are going to get from Japanese developer, they dont really care except for Kojima. It is smoother than 08, but there is no way to find out how good someones connection is and that kind of ruins the game if you are from eastern europe like me...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so any gamesave with full edit to all non licensed teams , kits , players stats/names yet ?

and yeah i know it's easy to edit everything I want but I am too lazy and busy with Legend mode

mio said:
Oh shi-!

Guys, you heard the man. Let's stop enjoying the game.

the party is Ovah :O

so the fun i had yesterday was a LIE :(

Totobeni said:
so any gamesave with full edit to all non licensed teams , kits , players stats/names yet ?

and yeah i know it's easy to edit everything I want but I am too lazy and busy with Legend mode

I think most option file creators are waiting on Konami's club update. Which system do you have PES for? There might be a 360 option file out there, but more of the option file creators are going to focus on the PS3 due to the ease of transfering the data.

spwolf

Totobeni said:

Millions of them... this is rated as one of the best:
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=64749

Von Option File for PlayStation 3

-All English and international transfers (Up to date as of Adailton's retirement - 19/10/08)

-All correct player names (including a lot of player name/back of shirt name fixes)

-All England League and La Liga badges and kits (Including home, away, goalkeeper, name and number markings)

-Unlicensed national team kits done with badges, kit sponsers and name and number markings

-All correct England League, Ligue One, Serie A, La Liga and some other (Zenit, Sporting, Benfica, Ajax, PSV, Fenerbahce and more) player numbers

-All League and Stadium names corrected (Note: For the 'fake' stadiums, I renamed them after stadiums they resemble. Also, Master League's league names have been changed to England League, La Liga, Serie A and UEFA European Superliga. This is down to how I play my Master League. Remember to change those league names to suit how you set up your Master League)

-Fake/duplicate national team players removed

-Some stat/accessory/boots/hairstyle changes

-Full England League, Old Firm and England national team chants

spwolf

p.s. lol at nobody mentioning be a legend... wanna real football experience? Doesnt get any closer to this... it is awesome.

how is the PC edition this year?

I'm thinking of picking it up instead of 360 as it's only £18 on PLAY, I did try it for around 10 matches on PS3 and loved it.

Relax people. If you enjoy shitty games and want to support Konamis laziness, then that's your choice. Fine with me. I mean, it would've been nice to see two competitive football games on the market but oh well, can't have everything.

Blablurn

spwolf said:
p.s. lol at nobody mentioning be a legend... wanna real football experience? Doesnt get any closer to this... it is awesome.

look at my last posts. I love Be a Legend <3 Kinan as well :)

dermannmitdemcolt said:
Relax people. If you enjoy shitty games and want to support Konamis laziness, then that's your choice. Fine with me. I mean, it would've been nice to see two competitive football games on the market but oh well, can't have everything.

How about having you leave this thread? That would be nice. I'd take that over having two competitive football games.

Blablurn

I agree with Gamecocks!

klinsmanndaumen_BM__479514g.jpg

klinsmann as well!

guidop

dermannmitdemcolt said:
I mean, it would've been nice to see two competitive football games on the market but oh well, can't have everything.

You shouldn't troll fifa like that, EA are trying hard and have come along way

spwolf

dermannmitdemcolt said:

fjj0pv.gif

go away troll...

Blablurn

Gamecocks625 said:
And to think that the US National Team was so close to hiring this good man for our head coach position...

:lol :lol

Thank god you didn't!

Oh ... snap... :/ At least we won the last 2 games with him :x Maybe this year won't be thaaat bad :|

spwolf

Blablurn said:
look at my last posts. I love Be a Legend <3 Kinan as well :)

yeah, for people who dont understand or did not try be a legend mode - it is true football experience. It plays differently from PES main game - it is like pes with everything on manual, and unlike in be a pro, you are not their god, just another player - if you do good things, you will get rated well and start at the team, if you do not, then you are bound for the 2nd team and training matches... I just scratched the surface of the mode and i staid up 5 hours last night playing it (me who never liked master league)...

GQman2121

Banned
So for those who have been playing the master league, how is it set up this year? Do you still have the two cups to play for as well as the league trophy? Or did they do away with that since the Champions League is it's own mode?

Ryck

MrPing1000 said:
They seriously need to fix the PC version. pretty much every mode eventually ends in corrupted save games. Can't play quarter final 2nd leg of champs league with any team :/
I kept thinking my game was going to crash or freeze up after reading your posts but I just finished the CL mode... Lost the match but yeah... I was able to go through it ( yes Pc version).

chico

im selling my pes2009... wont go into details but im really really dissapointed about the gameplay this year. i can live without licenses and bad gfx etc... but this is too much.

i want my next gen pes with stellar gameplay!! :(

Kinan

Be a legend is soo awesome. Made it to national team now, and have grown enough to play some good football already. I even havent touched any other modes yet. God, its so nicely executed... All that fighting for a place in squad really immerse and motivates you.

Top Bottom