• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World |OT| Everything is True

derFeef

Tesselation is a performance killer for me, especially in London and some indoor places as it's not really optimized well. Whenever I see the FPS dive without reason I try to disable tesselation and it mostly works fine then. I make a bug report (ctrl+b) on those things as I think it needs fixing.

Dits

Gone back to DX9, after you try the PvP slideshow Zergfest your going to need all the power you can get.

Running a GTX570 as well :/

Man

I'm not saying we have given up on the Dragon... but we have given up on the Dragon. /Illuminati

Man

They will be enabled in the next update. Also you need to update to new nVidia drivers released yesterday I believe (TSW is the first game on the planet to take use of it).

Dits

Wait a minute, because of all this cross shard technology does that mean we can all group up and form a Cabal regardless of server?

derFeef

Wait a minute, because of all this cross shard technology does that mean we can all group up and form a Cabal regardless of server?

Yes. You can group, make a cabal, etc. cross-dimensional. The only restriction is the PvP Warzone (the big one).

Dits

That has to be a first for MMO's? Funcom should really be shouting about that, is a big reason people do not bother as friends are on another server etc. Will hides merges as well :)

derFeef

mhh what? what?

U can play e.g. from the German Server with someone from the RP Server?

Jup, not a single problem. Make friend, right click name, hit "Meet Up", friend needs to confirm, and then you get transferred to an Anima Well near your buddy on his/her dimension as soon as possible.

If you relog you are at your home dimension again, though. Basically if you see a name with a *, that person is from another dimension.

LowParry

Anyone up to Rank 6 for Templars? There was a quest that popped to start it and pause the current one but opted to keep doing my current quest and can't get that faction quest back.

syko de4d

Jup, not a single problem. Make friend, right click name, hit "Meet Up", friend needs to confirm, and then you get transferred to an Anima Well near your buddy on his/her dimension as soon as possible.

If you relog you are at your home dimension again, though. Basically if you see a name with a *, that person is from another dimension.

i always thought the dimensions are only different dimensions from the Server, like a second Kingsmouth instance on the same server.

mhhh

Decided to pick this up last night and played the majority of this morning. I am really enjoying it so far. The world, the story, the combat, and the quests are all great. This is a breath of fresh air from all the fantasy MMOs out there. Now I hope Funcom can pull a Trion/Rift and throw out amazing updates monthly and I will definitely pay monthly.

Madouu

Did they tone down the difficulty a bit for release? it certainly feels easier than my other playthroughs ...

edit : I like all the positive feedback this game is getting, it certainly deserves it!

The item-store is a complete RIP-OFF! I just tried it out (I knew that it woul be a waste of money) and wow ... I bought the fireworks for 200points - it says nowhere that this item is only good for 10 uses WOW!

I also bought the golden owl because hell why not ;) 600 points down the drain ... the owl is useless, I never ever see it because it is as slow as my pre-order wolf and always drags behind me!

This was ok for a test, but be assured that I will never ever set foot into that items-store ever again!

BioHazard

Does the retail copy come with a 30-day free trial?

I wish I could find a physical copy around here somewhere

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the OP about free trial

Vlodril

Added most people from the spreadsheet as friends. If you want to any questing in kingsmouth send me a shout. A couple of names didn't work though.

syko de4d

Man I want to try this game but afraid of getting into another MMO and not liking it very much (TERA)

Don´t be afraid, u will still get a really good RPG with a unique Setting. It´s not like all the other MMO´s where the questing is lame like Hell.

Swtor has started this, but the questing was still miles away from good SP RPG´s but TSW is different, it is on the same lvl like a good SP RPG + the MMO Part. :)

Anyone play it through Steam? I just threw together a Custom Image for grid mode:

the-secret-world8sjez.png

Also, I feel like we should start a GAF Cabal. I'm thinking about starting one, but I have no idea what the difference is in Assembly choices, anyone know?

nataku

Some potential Runaway Lights mission spoilers. I don't know I'd what popped up during it was normal or if it was just poor timing.

I was doing the mission Runaway Lights and a mission from the illuminati popped up through my phone in game and I didn't accept it in time so it disappeared. I have no idea what the mission name was, but it was a male voice that called himself the eye or something similar and he wanted me to go back to the labyrinth. Does anyone know of the name of that mission and if I can accept it some other way?

I still need to complete tier 5 of Rinaway lights, though. It seems to be broken on my instance.

whats a cabal in the game? Also I don't understand the resource system. :(

It's basically like a Clan/Guild. I just started one called "SecretGAF" - not very original but it will be useful for team-ups and the like.

I think I can only invite people online.

TheYanger

For the posts about missing 'faction' missions, I believe you can re-obtain them in your headquarters by your main mission NPC. IE near kirsten for illum, near the templar guy, etc. I'm not positive but that's what I've heard.

Played for a while last night, man has this game changed since I played it in closed beta. Think I spent hours just looking through the ability wheel deciding on what I wanted to go for first. Finally settled on shotguns/elementalist and will try to get that Magus outfit unlocked.

Girlfriend wanted to try it today too so she made a character on my account and by the end of the subway part she was back at her computer ordering a copy.

ExReey

It's basically like a Clan/Guild. I just started one called "SecretGAF" - not very original but it will be useful for team-ups and the like.

I think I can only invite people online.

If it's Illuminati and on Cerberus, you may invite me. Nickname is Catharina.

PS. Anyone found some nice TSW wallpapers?

TheYanger

If it's Illuminati and on Cerberus, you may invite me. Nickname is Catharina.

PS. Anyone found some nice TSW wallpapers?

You can be on any server for everything but world pvp, can join the cabal regardless ;) Though...I think Indigo Cyclops is templar according to the sheet? Maybe I'll make an illuminati cabal if I can figure out how.

I made an Enlightened Gaf for illuminati members. Just fire me a tell to get an invite (name is Area)

nataku

This morse code mission is annoying. It goes too fast and I have no no idea where one part stops and the next part begins.

man! my graphiccard-driver is sometimes (like 2 times per session) crashing with this game (the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds and then everything comes back as if nothing ever happened) but some minutes ago the driver crashed and I had a bluescreen ..... NOOOOOOOOO!!!

This morse code mission is annoying. It goes too fast and I have no no idea where one part stops and the next part begins.
Yeah, I had to record it and play it back to transcribe it. I thought it was a pretty awesome mission, never thought I'd translate morse code in a videogame lol.

nataku

The mission idea itself is awesome, but you shouldn't have to quit the game and rely on external programs outside of the game to solve it. IMO everything in the game should be kept within the game and the internet browser in the game.

I'm sitting here trying to setup some CWGet program I installed that I saw posted in the official forum to translate the code and I can't get it to record my audio properly. In the end I'll probably just end up saying fuck it and look at the solution directly. It's starting to not even be worth the trouble.

The mission idea itself is awesome, but you shouldn't have to quit the game and rely on external programs outside of the game to solve it. IMO everything in the game should be kept within the game and the internet browser in the game.

I'm sitting here trying to setup some CWGet program I installed that I saw posted in the official forum to translate the code and I can't get it to record my audio properly. In the end I'll probably just end up saying fuck it and look at the solution directly. It's starting to not even be worth the trouble.

Uh, you can do it all in game if you can transcribe it. Plus, using CWget is the wrong way to do it.

Hint:
If you recorded it to a wav file, like I did, just open the wav file in audacity. You can easily see the longs and shorts by looking at the structure of the wav file.

I know that breaks what I said about doing it all in-game, but I still felt awesome doing it that way too.

TheYanger

You don't need anything but the in game browser to complete it...and you can pause the video. Still, took me a long time to transcribe, I wouldn't begrudge anyone for just skipping it since it's painfully obvious what you actually have to do (I'm more of the type that finds the discovery rewarding, not the grindy math problem type stuff).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZeukpFLilE If you want it more easily viewable/pausable.

nataku

I'm aware you can pause it, and I was using that youtube video too, I simply can't distinguish the breaks in each letter. I guess I just don't know what to listen for.

Top Bottom