• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World |OT| Everything is True

kurahador

I got a buddy code to give away, it'll net you a free 24 hours to play the game.
Quote me if you're interested and include your email.

Napophis

Bought the game a few days ago, haven't put much time into it, one thing i noticed was that my GPU start getting as soon as i get in-game, that happen to anyone else? running a GTX580.

Running on max settings, tried lowering them abit but doesn't seem to change much. I run Tera in max settings and don't have this issue.

ekim

Finally finished the kingsmouth code. :)
Where can I find the next investigation mission and when does the main quest proceed? :eek:

Vlodril

Bought the game a few days ago, haven't put much time into it, one thing i noticed was that my GPU start getting as soon as i get in-game, that happen to anyone else? running a GTX580.

Running on max settings, tried lowering them abit but doesn't seem to change much. I run Tera in max settings and don't have this issue.

Mine's fan goes into overdrive when i run this game.

Madouu

Finally finished the kingsmouth code. :)
Where can I find the next investigation mission and when does the main quest proceed? :eek:

There's 5 investigation missions in Kingsmouth : Kingsmouth code at the church, Something Wicked at Norma's house, The vision at Madame Rogêt's raven's knock, Men in Black vans from Danny Dufresne at the skateyard, and Dead Air from Elils Hill at the airport.

Effect

I really do hope the positive reaction to The Secret World lets other developers know it's okay to make games like this. Would love to see a single player game of this style at some point.

So, this is a question I have for someone that has done part of Blue Mountain. I'm spoiling marking, though there are no specific in-quest spoilers.

So I completed Enemy of My Enemy from Sarge, which led me to the Sasquatch area. The two quests that Sasquatch leader has are locked for me, and both say that I need to first complete Enemy of My Enemy. Is there something else I'm missing?

Carcetti

So, this is a question I have for someone that has done part of Blue Mountain. I'm spoiling marking, though there are no specific in-quest spoilers.

So I completed Enemy of My Enemy from Sarge, which led me to the Sasquatch area. The two quests that Sasquatch leader has are locked for me, and both say that I need to first complete Enemy of My Enemy. Is there something else I'm missing?

There's another quest that might help make them friendly, not sure since I got them working with the one you mentioned. It's on the attic of the nearby manor.

I guess it's worth a shot. I'd love a buddy key if anyone has a spare, this game looks very interesting but I'm strapped for cash and I'd never go in blind. PM me if you can spare one.

If anyone has a key, PM me please. Want to try it before I buy. Worst-case, I don't like it, and I'll PM you a code for the Black Watchmen hoodie that was a reward for the ARG.

Hoplatee

I went for a Pistols and then a Blood combo. What a terrible combination. It is totally useless. That barrier protects for nothing etc.

Should i just focus completely on DPS then? I have no interest in tanking, healing and stuff. I did that plenty in WoW and while I loved it - it is not something I seek in this game. But I do want to 'protect' myself and have some 'OH SHIT I GOT TO SAVE MYSELF' things and thought blood would be that... it's not. Any tips? Or just craft potions and then R U N? I have some heal from a MISC section but that is only like 700 hp. Not nearly enough in rough places.

The one thing I really really really really dislike about this game is that mobs chare you for way tooooooooooo looooooooooong when you run / don't want to fight. It really is annoying at times. My only experience is WoW and mobs just go away fast so maybe I am out of loop but in the TSW they seem to chase you forever?

And for the love of god, I mentioned it earlier, get auto stack of items in ASAP.

derFeef

I think it's a good combination, it was my main combo in beta. But the healing is not much worth it if you don't have healing talismans - and read the skill descriptions closely as some skills requires charges to perform a larger heal etc.

Blood magic can do good dmg too, if you just focus on the DoT.

Madouu

I think it's a good combination, it was my main combo in beta. But the healing is not much worth it if you don't have healing talismans - and read the skill descriptions closely as some skills requires charges to perform a larger heal etc.

Blood magic can do good dmg too, if you just focus on the DoT.

Going full dps Elemental/Blood afflicted build working pretty well so far from me.

Just did a Polaris/Inferno run with a group of friends, pretty damn fun (and stressful sometimes). I heavily encourage everyone to try dungeons asap, drops are really good too.

Hawk269

I am really loving this game so far. I was not feeling it too much at first, but decided to build another character with another faction and it really kicked in for me now. I went with Templar first and felt a little odd, then did illuminarti (sp) and love it big time. I am still just starting out, but pretty impressed with the game so for.

Does anyone know of a way to increase text size/font size? I able to increase the size of the inventory, achievements/lore windows and increase the scale of the UI, but for everything else the text seems too small. I am playing on a 55" HDTV versus a computer monitor and being up-close to it, so that is why I ask.

How do I add myself to the spreedsheet? or who do I let know?

I am really loving this game so far. I was not feeling it too much at first, but decided to build another character with another faction and it really kicked in for me now. I went with Templar first and felt a little odd, then did illuminarti (sp) and love it big time. I am still just starting out, but pretty impressed with the game so for.

Does anyone know of a way to increase text size/font size? I able to increase the size of the inventory, achievements/lore windows and increase the scale of the UI, but for everything else the text seems too small. I am playing on a 55" HDTV versus a computer monitor and being up-close to it, so that is why I ask.

You should just be able to click on the link and add yourself. My first character is Templar, and I'm so far in that I don't want to start over, yet. But I wish I had gone Illuminati because the majority of GAF did...

The game continues to wow me - and hopefully the patch comes soon (is it tomorrow AM?) so I can get chat back.

TheYanger

A lot of the text (character sheet, quest text, etc) since it 'floats' in the game world, is sized based on your zoom level. it's kind of dumb. Zooming in enlarges it a lot

I would gladly pay $15 to check this out. It looks cool and original, and the setting, often the most important part of any game for me, looks magnificent. But I won't pay $50. Sorry. There's just too many other games out there these days.

derFeef

I would gladly pay $15 to check this out. It looks cool and original, and the setting, often the most important part of any game for me, looks magnificent. But I won't pay $50. Sorry. There's just too many other games out there these days.

Okydoky.

The secret society can have a bit of influence for sure, glad you like it more. The only text you can increase permanently is the chat text by right clicking into the window. Text in those floaty windows like mission text, character sheet etc is zoomable by just ... zoom ;)
But many people have asked for a font size increase so I am sure something will come down the line.

edit: the new official forums look kinda weird, needs to get used to.

Man

Kevin VanOrd (Gamespot) has been streaming and working on his review for the last week it seems. Last two tweets:

@fiddlecub
"Tera and The Secret World share the same genre as WoW, but those three games are different from each other in fundamental ways."

@fiddlecub
"There is a lot of diversity among MMOGs, and I wish we recognized that, rather than dismiss each new MMO as a simple clone."

Seems to be an ongoing discussion between Kevin (Gamespot), Philip Kollar (The Verge) and @EdPlaysGames (latter one being the one with negative attitude and admitting not having played it much).

derFeef

Well, press too got sick of wow clones and luckily games like Tera and TSW stick out - it just does not reach the people on gaf sadly. I want to know why that is as I think it's right up to their alley.

People always ask for different MMO's, a new setting, fresh ideas. Then a game comes out that is that way and it's getting ignored. I saw one dude asking in the GW2 thread if a game finally ditches the holy trinity and I think TSW kinda does that.

Anyway, TSW is highly populated and I think it's a good sign. Ragnar and co are teasing about new content news soon. NOT SO FAST, I am still at Savage Coast, lol.

On another note, there is a SMAA injector that works with TSW, it looks far better than FXAA for sure. http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=40625

MedIC86

Anyway, TSW is highly populated and I think it's a good sign. Ragnar and co are teasing about new content news soon. NOT SO FAST, I am still at Savage Coast, lol.

But for how long? SWTOR was super populated in the first month after launch, and they also brought new content pretty fast. But after that it died out pretty fast. I think im gonna wait for a few more months to see were it goes.

derFeef

But for how long? SWTOR was super populated in the first month after launch, and they also brought new content pretty fast. But after that it died out pretty fast. I think im gonna wait for a few more months to see were it goes.

How should I know? The "wait and see" mentality is a doom loop anyway. People don't play it and see how it does, then no one ends up playing it and finally people complain it lacks players. (exaggerated of course)

Not that it is highly important to this type of MMO per se, but it's important for funcom and the ones who want to enjoy it for a longer time period. I will never get this sentiment.

Dunlop

Anyone have a biddy code they could part with?

I'm on the fence and have until the end of today to take advantage of the GMG promo

syko de4d

it would be sad if TSW would be dead like swtor in 2-3months but... but... right now i playing the best rpg i have played since Witcher 2.
It´s so awesome

Well, press too got sick of wow clones and luckily games like Tera and TSW stick out - it just does not reach the people on gaf sadly. I want to know why that is as I think it's right up to their alley.

People always ask for different MMO's, a new setting, fresh ideas. Then a game comes out that is that way and it's getting ignored. I saw one dude asking in the GW2 thread if a game finally ditches the holy trinity and I think TSW kinda does that.

On another note, there is a SMAA injector that works with TSW, it looks far better than FXAA for sure. http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=40625

It's just too expensive. Considering how many times, I've been burned before by new MMOs that just end up to be incredibly poor to pay £40 then £13 a month thereafter is probably the most expensive game I can play right now...and it's not even an incredibly polished game.

BRILLIANT! my stupid nvidia graphics card just died ... again ... goodbye secret world, I guess I'll have to wait another month before I get my card back and my replacement cant handly any games ...........

UGH, i caved; bought the game.

Any specific faction and/or dimension I should be on?

Also, any great beginner guides you guys recommend?

Vlodril

It's just too expensive. Considering how many times, I've been burned before by new MMOs that just end up to be incredibly poor to pay £40 then £13 a month thereafter is probably the most expensive game I can play right now...and it's not even an incredibly polished game.

Also something i never understood. The value of money to time for an MMO is enormous. You get fantastic value for your money in time spend. If the game is enjoyable you won't find a single player to offer anything close to it.

Wanny

It's absolutely the best MMO I played so far. It's fresh, atmospheric, hard and little to no help offered. Learn the game noob and find your own clues. Love it!

Vlodril

Damnit i got the chat bug. None of my channels work. I am only left with the tell channel and that probably doesnt work either unless every gaf members ignores my messages. And i am on a bugged quest. I really hope they fix this bug fast.

nataku

Did anyone have issues with the side mission The Light That Blinds in the Savage Coast? I'm supposed to kill a hive so deep ones will spawn in order to get sinew but the hive can't be targeted.

EDIT: And now I'm getting the chat bug again. Kinda makes the whole petition for the bugged mission pointless if I can't reply to a GM that might contact me.

Lrn2reed

Neo Member
Is there anyway to purchase weapons beyond questing? I just made Rank 3 with avg. QL3 gear, but im still running with some dinky pistols.

Im using pistols with blood, and it's driving me crazy when I see folks running with uzi's lol.

Damnit i got the chat bug. None of my channels work. I am only left with the tell channel and that probably doesnt work either unless every gaf members ignores my messages. And i am on a bugged quest. I really hope they fix this bug fast.

Did anyone have issues with the side mission The Light That Blinds in the Savage Coast? I'm supposed to kill a hive so deep ones will spawn in order to get sinew but the hive can't be targeted.

EDIT: And now I'm getting the chat bug again. Kinda makes the whole petition for the bugged mission pointless if I can't reply to a GM that might contact me.

The fix is included in next patch I believe which will hopefully be soon. It sucks for sure but not much else can be done about it.

Also did anyone see Alex Navarro tweet (Giant Bomb)? Something about secret world being a terrible "Lynchian" nightmare focused through the Second Life engine. What a joke that guy is.

Hawk269

SWTOR also had about 80 servers or more at launch. I think at most this game has about 8 servers. So it is not comparable. I think they knew it was not going to be a huge launch game because of the amount of servers and all.

Top Bottom