• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Secret World |OT| Everything is True

FGMPR

Banned
If you need any help with any difficult quests just shoot me a tell, I know some people like soloing but it can be pretty hard if you don't have the right build for every situation. Tanks and healers especially don't have it easy in BM.

I'm trying to do "The Big Terrible Picture" right now and I'm really liking it so far! This is what I love when developers decide to go for quests that involve puzzle solving, there is always room for novelty!

Tell me about it. I've died about 10 times myself now on tier 2 of "The Strange Boat House in the Mist" quest. The mob you have to attack spews out this green shit that decimates you so quickly. And this is after I've put god knows how many points into healing for my AR :(

plus its apparently a "normal" difficulty quest. I've beaten a decent amount of "hard" quests without too much hassle, but this is by far the toughest thing I've encountered in the game so far.

Madouu

yeah you shouldn't pay too much attention to the difficulty rating. And Yes that part is hard, I remember dying to it once in Beta but it wasn't too hard for me in release. Being a dps helps a lot (and not standing in the green puke :p)

TheExodu5

Banned
Comparing the healing specs, I think I'm going to regret going Assault Rifles. They seem pretty terrible for healing...tank healing at least. They seem like they'd be better for PvP healing.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Been trying to buy this game off Origin but payment authorisation keeps failing... There's nothing wrong with my card and my bank doesn't need additional authorisation permission.Both through the Origin program and the website. Has been like this for days.
Can I purchase this game anywhere else for approximately US$35 (that's the price in my country's Origin store)?

Vlodril

I bought it from a cd keys site. But i am not sure how gaf feels about them. I don't see anything wrong with them personally but *shrugs*.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I bought it from a cd keys site. But i am not sure how gaf feels about them. I don't see anything wrong with them personally but *shrugs*.

They've always been rather questionable sources so I would want to avoid them. Thanks anyway. If there's no other option I'll just hunt for a physical copy.

vaelic

Banned
Been trying to buy this game off Origin but payment authorisation keeps failing... There's nothing wrong with my card and my bank doesn't need additional authorisation permission.Both through the Origin program and the website. Has been like this for days.
Can I purchase this game anywhere else for approximately US$35 (that's the price in my country's Origin store)?

why not directly off funcoms site?

It seems the quests "Taking the Purple" and "The Black House" are still bugged and can't be completed.

In other news, the Bogeyman handed my ass to me about 5-6 times last night before I gave up. I kind of screwed myself by putting all my AP/SP into my Hammer build for tanking while neglecting my main build of Shotgun/Elementalism. It doesn't help that it's a solo instance and I have no way to heal myself other than potions with a long cooldown or the "Lick Your Wounds" passive from fists which isn't nearly enough.

I decided that I hate Hammer gameplay and want to try a tank build around Blades, so I spent the rest of my night farming AP/SP from the Fusang PVP Warzone.

Can anyone recommend any good healing abilities for solo play that can be obtained at a relatively low AP/SP cost?

Comparing the healing specs, I think I'm going to regret going Assault Rifles. They seem pretty terrible for healing...tank healing at least. They seem like they'd be better for PvP healing.

I was under the impression that Assault Rifle builds are the best for group healing. Wife is using Blood Magic and Assault Rifle for healing but it doesn't look like you get any good heals until you reach the outer ring. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a healing build?

Can you call Origin support, make a payment over the phone, and then have them give you the product key? You could activate the key on Origin or under Account Management on TSW website and download the client from there. If the price doesn't matter you can purchase from Amazon.com or directly from Funcom.

Madouu

why not directly off funcoms site?

I tried buying the game; and by tried I mean really tried ... contacted support and everything, but there was never a way to pay them for the game. I wasted three days just trying to pay for the game and couldn't get into early access. At the end, I just used the cd key website Vlodril posted and 5 minutes after I was playing the game, saving up 12$ in the process ...

vaelic

Banned
It seems the quests "Taking the Purple" and "The Black House" are still bugged and can't be completed.

In other news, the Bogeyman handed my ass to me about 5-6 times last night before I gave up. I kind of screwed myself by putting all my AP/SP into my Hammer build for tanking while neglecting my main build of Shotgun/Elementalism. It doesn't help that it's a solo instance and I have no way to heal myself other than potions with a long cooldown or the "Lick Your Wounds" passive from fists which isn't nearly enough.

I decided that I hate Hammer gameplay and want to try a tank build around Blades, so I spent the rest of my night farming AP/SP from the Fusang PVP Warzone.

Can anyone recommend any good healing abilities for solo play that can be obtained at a relatively low AP/SP cost?

I was under the impression that Assault Rifle builds are the best for group healing. Wife is using Blood Magic and Assault Rifle for healing but it doesn't look like you get any good heals until you reach the outer ring. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a healing build?

Can you call Origin support, make a payment over the phone, and then have them give you the product key? You could activate the key on Origin or under Account Management on TSW website and download the client from there. If the price doesn't matter you can purchase from Amazon.com or directly from Funcom.
yep, bogeyman fucked me over 10 times in a row and I gave up

derFeef

I don't like it since Funcom (and other companies) get no money, but I will not rage on you because of that ;)

@Robo - The Boogeyman has an environmental element to his fight, stuff you need to get used to in Funcom games.
avoid his big blue AOE by going into the ruin where he spawns
Hammer and Chaos have both tanking tools. I love hammer gameplay but I mix it with shotty, pistols, chaos - totally depending on my mood :)
Healing for solo is clearly a strength for the Fists. Pure healing probably Blood and Fist (look at the Decks for some guidance)

TimeKillr

AR is great for tank healing with blood as a secondary. The only real drawback to AR is the fact that you need a target to attack for most of its healing abilities, which is kinda bad in movement phases where you can't attack anything. This is why you want Blood as a secondary to use the shields + their healing to heal when you can't attack anything.

Basically, with AR, you sort of need abilities in the 2nd tiers; Anima Burst + Shot of Anima are your two staples and will provide plenty of healing.

The important things to combine with that are Healing Sparks from the Fist secondary tree (that can go later) that leaves a HOT on your defensive target every time you do a burst attack (Anima Burst!), Leech Therapy that does an AoE healing whenever you hit Shot of Anima if the target has a DoT, and the DoT you can apply with every attack with stuff from Blood.

It works wonders, and I can easily solo heal a bunch of stuff. You just have to realize that you need to use Shot of Anima as often as possible, both to trigger the AoE heal and because it's a big heal. There's also an AR passive that gives you +10% damage to all AR abilities, which translates to extra healing, etc.

It works verrry well.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. I would try the Origin support (chat), they were really helpful once with a purchase I could not make there, but YMMV :)

I've been trying to access their contact page but everytime I try to get to their support site they ask me to log in again. And say my password is wrong...Even though I could log in through the Origin program or Origin web store... Maybe I'll try their forums for now.
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
because through origin, EA gets a cut, through funcom, all the money goes to them

I don't see why I should pay more than the retail price here. Sure it's good to give funcom all the money but I don't have to if I don't want/need to.

Vlodril

I don't like it since Funcom (and other companies) get no money, but I will not rage on you because of that ;)

@Robo - The Boogeyman has an environmental element to his fight, stuff you need to get used to in Funcom games.
avoid his big blue AOE by going into the ruin where he spawns
Hammer and Chaos have both tanking tools. I love hammer gameplay but I mix it with shotty, pistols, chaos - totally depending on my mood :)
Healing for solo is clearly a strength for the Fists. Pure healing probably Blood and Fist (look at the Decks for some guidance)

They are legitimate games as far as i know. so i am pretty sure funcom does get money. Anyway i don't want to derail the whole thread. As i said people that don't feel comfortable don't need to do it. Its just an option.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
easy killer. was just some info for you

Hey sorry for sounding annoyed. I think the late night (almost 3 am here) is getting to me:p. If all else fails I would probably buy it from Funcom.

ExReey

In the Bogeyman fight, using your environment and reacting to the enemy's actions is key to winning. The first few times I just tried to do as much dmg as fast as possible, I got butchered every time. Then when I learned to evade his moves, get under the green dome he casts, jump into cover, I killed him nearly without taking any dmg at all.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
In the Bogeyman fight, using your environment and reacting to the enemy's actions is key to winning. The first few times I just tried to do as much dmg as fast as possible, I got butchered every time. Then when I learned to evade his moves, get under the green dome he casts, jump into cover, I killed him nearly without taking any dmg at all.

I died there a bit, then I just
rain into the house during his big attack
not sure if that's the proper way but it worked

This x 1000.

Everyone playing this game should pay attention to their surroundings, the names of the enemy casts as well as matching the strat to each cast as well. It may seem useless when you can power through some encounters, but getting used to active dodging in and out of AoEs and line-of-sighting certain abilities will make you a better player for the eventual hard modes of 5-man dungeons. Also pay attention to the enemies buffs. Sometimes they have shields on them that can only be removed through certain mechanics.

vaelic

Banned
new patch going live tomorrow:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=45466

1.0.2 Up­date

Twit­ter post­ing

The Se­cret World‏@fun­com_tsw

The servers will come down for up­date 1.0.2 on July 17th at 09:00 GMT / 5am EDT / 2am PDT. The down­time is sched­uled to last 3 hours

https://twitter.com/funcom_tsw/statuses/224903020364832770

Patch notes

Up­date ver­sion 1.0.2 Notes
**These notes do not nec­es­sar­ily re­flect the final ver­sion that will be de­ployed on Live**

GEN­ERAL
* Up­dated sprint buffs so you can now see which up­grade to sprint you are using.
* Shar­ing Side mis­sions now should work even when the share tar­get has 1 or 2 Side mis­sions al­ready.
* The speed and an­i­ma­tion for walk­ing back­wards has been slightly in­creased.
* Kingsmouth - Jack Boone's hair is no longer clip­ping through his hat.
* Pur­ple Quick­ened Anima can now be bought at Rank 8 as in­tended.
* Sev­eral code changes/fixes to sup­port the Trade­post were in­cluded in this up­date. Please con­tinue test­ing the Trade­post on Testlive and giv­ing us your feed­back.
* Up­dated cloth­ing items to re­flect the nam­ing con­ven­tion in the Item shop.
* Added new achieve­ments for 1000 and 5000 com­pleted mis­sions.
* Night­watch Glyph craft­ing kits are now Bind on Pickup.
* Made Lore piece 5 in Agartha more ac­ces­si­ble.
* Cas­san­dra King now looks younger and more at­trac­tive!

DUN­GEONS
* Night­mare mini­bosses will again drop epic items. The chance for an epic Glyph kit is un­changed.
* All items dropped by mini­bosses are now Bind on Pickup.
* The Slaugh­ter­house - Fixed an issue with hate on the Alek­sei-Chetyre adds.
* The Dark­ness War - Fixed an issue where The Blood­hound could repli­cate him­self.

MIS­SIONS
* Lon­don Un­der­ground (Tem­plar ver­sion): Fixed a bug that would some­times cause the mis­sion to sud­denly pause it­self.
* Vir­gula Div­ina - In­stance: Amity House - The doll's puz­zle feed­back on the chalk­board now shows the hang­man cor­rectly.
* Into Dark­ness (Tem­plar) - In­stance: Co-op Park­ing Garage - "In­ves­ti­gate the lower lev­els" now trig­gers with bet­ter tim­ing.

The Scorched Desert
* A Shadow Over Egypt - Low­ered the health of the sum­moned mini golems.

City of the Sun God
* The Dark Places :The filth at­tacks from the Soul Cor­rup­tor should no longer per­sist after leav­ing the Ravine of the Cham­pion.
* War­rior Spirit of Hemit­neter dur­ing "Blood and Fire" should now have more hit­points and dps.
* The mis­sion "Heavy Met­als" should now cor­rectly get sorted under "City of the Sun God" for com­pleted mis­sions in the Mis­sion Jour­nal.
* Black Sun, Red Sand : Killing the Black Pharaoh after death now al­lows play­ers to com­plete the mis­sion.

GENERAL
* The Secret World has a new desktop icon!
* Fixed a bug that caused custom chat tabs to lose subscription to some chat channels on zoning.
* Fixed an issue where certain items could not be bought at faction vendors when levelling up several faction ranks at once.
* Fixed an issue where some anima wells in dungeons were not being discovered properly.
* Lore : And Did Those Feet in Ancient Time no longer unlocks when completing only Chariots of Fire.
* Cutoff harness clothing will no longer cause invisible arms if worn with a sports bra.
* Deck outfit Warrior is no longer causing characters to look bald.
* Villagers around Transylvania will reply more responsively to clicks for random chat phrases.
* Male Dawn Leathers clothing item will now appear in the players dressing room when it is supposed to.
* Fixed several bugs that sometimes caused user preferences/settings to not transfer between different computers.
* Fixed an issue where auto run was being interrupted randomly.
* Fixed an issue where your screen would become dark after resurrecting in The Blue Mountain.

COMBAT
* Volatile Current should no longer randomly stop working.

DUNGEONS
* If you log out inside a dungeon, your character will now still be inside that dungeon instance when you log back in.
* Polaris : (Nightmare) Ur-Things now disappear before the Veil phase is lifted.
* The Slaughterhouse : Improved various effects throughout the dungeon, based on player feedback.
* The Ankh : Melothat's debuffs will end when he dies.
* Hell Raised Nightmare: Machine Tyrant - the Anima Vortex for removing the Machine Tyrant's Anima Overcharge should no longer permanently disappear when waiting to begin the encounter.
* Checkpoints in Hell Raised and Hell Eternal should now function correctly for players joining these dungeons while they are in progress.
* The Darkness War : The Mayan Battle Mage's loot will now always spawn on the ground.

GUI
* Resolved several issues with resizing data table columns in guis.
* Gear manager builds are now updatable without having to first delete the previous build.
* Tradepost GUI will no longer reset to its default location when it is closed and re-opened.

MISSIONS
London
* Fixed the timing of the audio on Zamira's cinematic.

Seoul
* Added an extra check towards the mission goals to support instances where the player finds themselves back in the Dojang instead of in Seoul.

The Blue Mountain
* The Benevolent Conspiracies: Pausing the mission during Tier 2 should no longer prevent the players from completing the mission. Furthermore, the items used during the mission can still be picked up during the Tier they are used in by grabbing them from the correct soldier corpse.
* The Benevolent Conspiracies: Pausing the mission will no longer remove the Checkmate beacon from the player's inventory. For those who already lost their Checkmate beacon, on Tier 5 you can pick it up again from the dead soldier's bag.
* The Blue Harvester will now drop his loot.
* The Haunting: Fixed an issue where you could fail a task during The Haunting and have no fallback task.
* Off the Menu: Fixed an issue that would sometimes leave Bloodfang (tier 3) stuck in his lair.
* Further changes have been made through the various camps of Blue Mountain. Mob density, tricky pulls, and safe zones were the focus of these changes. The zones addressed were:
-Southern Beach
-Skull Island Draugs
-Mansion's Surroundings
-Blue Ridge Mine Entrance
-Haunted Forest
-Abandoned Building (asylum)
-Northern Ak'Ab camp
-Western Beach
-Orochi Camp Zombies
-Pumpkin Patches

City of the Sun God
* Black Sun, Red Sand : Corrected an issue with Akhenaten's Death Awaits ability.
* Blood and Fire – Fixed an issue with the Hemitneter's Clasp that would prevent players from restarting the mission during tier 1.
* The Dark Places – The filth attacks from the Soul Corruptor should no longer persist after leaving the Ravine of the Champion.

Kingsmouth
* The Hunger : Fixed an issue where the Voracious Wendigo could become stuck at 50% health and immune, but keep attacking.

The Savage Coast
* Carnival of Souls : Winter's Monocle can now be deleted by players.
* Theme Park Tycoon : The sound of the Octotron no longer persists after completing tier 2.
* Theme Park Tycoon : The clown now despawns and respawns as intended.
* Gravity : Winter's Plans can no longer be deleted from your inventory.
* The Black House : Did some fixes to ensure that Carrie Killian's ashes should now respawn correctly.

The Shadowy Forest
* The Architect has had some tweaking done to his encounter, to make it slightly less difficult.
* Tenebrae should no longer be using placeholder abilities.

The Scorched Desert
* High Cost of Dying : Corrupted Water Guardian is now easier to kill.
* Nathifa is now less difficult to kill.
* Caahs the Soul Spawn now has a spawn animation.
* The Big Terrible Picture : Both the flames and crystals puzzles should now reset correctly.
* Between a Rock and a Hard Place : Fixed an issue which made the mission not completeable in tier 2.

TRADEPOST/BANK/MAIL
* The Cabal Bank tab is now only displayed after closing and re-opening the GUI if the cabal is created when the tradepost GUI is opened.
* Fixed error on dragging items between different pages in the bank.
* Players will now receive an onscreen message when the Send button does not work.
* Click and drag has been disabled on items that are for sale.
* Right-click popups in the tradepost gui are now contained within the right side or bottom of your screen.
* You can no longer walk away from the bankers while the delete confirmation popup is onscreen.
* The right click menu on bank now has a subtle background.
* The mail notification icon now quickly blinks 5 times when new mail is received.
* Pressing ESC now closes the delete mail dialog.
* When deleting an item from the Cabal bank, the dialog message now references the cabal bank instead of the inventory.
* Pressing ESC closes the Sell Item window.
* Player can now press ENTER to confirm the delete mail action when the popup is up.
* The unread mail icon now is cleared when all mail is read.
* Search results are no longer cleared if the player's search fails.
* Buyer/seller name is not shown to other players who have bought something from the tradepost, and the reply button on that message is disabled.
* The Buy button is disabled for your own item.
* You can no longer move the tradepost ui fully offscreen.
* Fixed an issue where it was not possible to use up/down arrows after deleting cash in a mail.
* Compose Mail is now the top window when clicking the compose window button.
* Clicking on an unread mail will now highlight it.
* Take all attachments now greys out when taking items.
* The sort function for attachments and date are now working.
* Sorting mail now ignores lowercase/uppercase.
* The Expand Size Limit button now greys out and can no longer be used when the player upgrade his/her bank to the maximum size.
* The "To:" field on mail now includes an option to send to a friend or cabal member on your friends list.
* You can now only send 6 attachments on your mail.

vaelic

Banned
new patch going live tomorrow:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=45466

1.0.2 Up­date

Twit­ter post­ing

The Se­cret World‏@fun­com_tsw

The servers will come down for up­date 1.0.2 on July 17th at 09:00 GMT / 5am EDT / 2am PDT. The down­time is sched­uled to last 3 hours

https://twitter.com/funcom_tsw/statuses/224903020364832770

Patch notes

Up­date ver­sion 1.0.2 Notes
**These notes do not nec­es­sar­ily re­flect the final ver­sion that will be de­ployed on Live**

GEN­ERAL
* Up­dated sprint buffs so you can now see which up­grade to sprint you are using.
* Shar­ing Side mis­sions now should work even when the share tar­get has 1 or 2 Side mis­sions al­ready.
* The speed and an­i­ma­tion for walk­ing back­wards has been slightly in­creased.
* Kingsmouth - Jack Boone's hair is no longer clip­ping through his hat.
* Pur­ple Quick­ened Anima can now be bought at Rank 8 as in­tended.
* Sev­eral code changes/fixes to sup­port the Trade­post were in­cluded in this up­date. Please con­tinue test­ing the Trade­post on Testlive and giv­ing us your feed­back.
* Up­dated cloth­ing items to re­flect the nam­ing con­ven­tion in the Item shop.
* Added new achieve­ments for 1000 and 5000 com­pleted mis­sions.
* Night­watch Glyph craft­ing kits are now Bind on Pickup.
* Made Lore piece 5 in Agartha more ac­ces­si­ble.
* Cas­san­dra King now looks younger and more at­trac­tive!

DUN­GEONS
* Night­mare mini­bosses will again drop epic items. The chance for an epic Glyph kit is un­changed.
* All items dropped by mini­bosses are now Bind on Pickup.
* The Slaugh­ter­house - Fixed an issue with hate on the Alek­sei-Chetyre adds.
* The Dark­ness War - Fixed an issue where The Blood­hound could repli­cate him­self.

MIS­SIONS
* Lon­don Un­der­ground (Tem­plar ver­sion): Fixed a bug that would some­times cause the mis­sion to sud­denly pause it­self.
* Vir­gula Div­ina - In­stance: Amity House - The doll's puz­zle feed­back on the chalk­board now shows the hang­man cor­rectly.
* Into Dark­ness (Tem­plar) - In­stance: Co-op Park­ing Garage - "In­ves­ti­gate the lower lev­els" now trig­gers with bet­ter tim­ing.

The Scorched Desert
* A Shadow Over Egypt - Low­ered the health of the sum­moned mini golems.

City of the Sun God
* The Dark Places :The filth at­tacks from the Soul Cor­rup­tor should no longer per­sist after leav­ing the Ravine of the Cham­pion.
* War­rior Spirit of Hemit­neter dur­ing "Blood and Fire" should now have more hit­points and dps.
* The mis­sion "Heavy Met­als" should now cor­rectly get sorted under "City of the Sun God" for com­pleted mis­sions in the Mis­sion Jour­nal.
* Black Sun, Red Sand : Killing the Black Pharaoh after death now al­lows play­ers to com­plete the mis­sion.

GENERAL
* The Secret World has a new desktop icon!
* Fixed a bug that caused custom chat tabs to lose subscription to some chat channels on zoning.
* Fixed an issue where certain items could not be bought at faction vendors when levelling up several faction ranks at once.
* Fixed an issue where some anima wells in dungeons were not being discovered properly.
* Lore : And Did Those Feet in Ancient Time no longer unlocks when completing only Chariots of Fire.
* Cutoff harness clothing will no longer cause invisible arms if worn with a sports bra.
* Deck outfit Warrior is no longer causing characters to look bald.
* Villagers around Transylvania will reply more responsively to clicks for random chat phrases.
* Male Dawn Leathers clothing item will now appear in the players dressing room when it is supposed to.
* Fixed several bugs that sometimes caused user preferences/settings to not transfer between different computers.
* Fixed an issue where auto run was being interrupted randomly.
* Fixed an issue where your screen would become dark after resurrecting in The Blue Mountain.

COMBAT
* Volatile Current should no longer randomly stop working.

DUNGEONS
* If you log out inside a dungeon, your character will now still be inside that dungeon instance when you log back in.
* Polaris : (Nightmare) Ur-Things now disappear before the Veil phase is lifted.
* The Slaughterhouse : Improved various effects throughout the dungeon, based on player feedback.
* The Ankh : Melothat's debuffs will end when he dies.
* Hell Raised Nightmare: Machine Tyrant - the Anima Vortex for removing the Machine Tyrant's Anima Overcharge should no longer permanently disappear when waiting to begin the encounter.
* Checkpoints in Hell Raised and Hell Eternal should now function correctly for players joining these dungeons while they are in progress.
* The Darkness War : The Mayan Battle Mage's loot will now always spawn on the ground.

GUI
* Resolved several issues with resizing data table columns in guis.
* Gear manager builds are now updatable without having to first delete the previous build.
* Tradepost GUI will no longer reset to its default location when it is closed and re-opened.

MISSIONS
London
* Fixed the timing of the audio on Zamira's cinematic.

Seoul
* Added an extra check towards the mission goals to support instances where the player finds themselves back in the Dojang instead of in Seoul.

The Blue Mountain
* The Benevolent Conspiracies: Pausing the mission during Tier 2 should no longer prevent the players from completing the mission. Furthermore, the items used during the mission can still be picked up during the Tier they are used in by grabbing them from the correct soldier corpse.
* The Benevolent Conspiracies: Pausing the mission will no longer remove the Checkmate beacon from the player's inventory. For those who already lost their Checkmate beacon, on Tier 5 you can pick it up again from the dead soldier's bag.
* The Blue Harvester will now drop his loot.
* The Haunting: Fixed an issue where you could fail a task during The Haunting and have no fallback task.
* Off the Menu: Fixed an issue that would sometimes leave Bloodfang (tier 3) stuck in his lair.
* Further changes have been made through the various camps of Blue Mountain. Mob density, tricky pulls, and safe zones were the focus of these changes. The zones addressed were:
-Southern Beach
-Skull Island Draugs
-Mansion's Surroundings
-Haunted Forest
-Northern Ak'Ab camp
-Western Beach
-Orochi Camp Zombies
-Pumpkin Patches

City of the Sun God
* Black Sun, Red Sand : Corrected an issue with Akhenaten's Death Awaits ability.
* Blood and Fire – Fixed an issue with the Hemitneter's Clasp that would prevent players from restarting the mission during tier 1.
* The Dark Places – The filth attacks from the Soul Corruptor should no longer persist after leaving the Ravine of the Champion.

Kingsmouth
* The Hunger : Fixed an issue where the Voracious Wendigo could become stuck at 50% health and immune, but keep attacking.

The Savage Coast
* Carnival of Souls : Winter's Monocle can now be deleted by players.
* Theme Park Tycoon : The sound of the Octotron no longer persists after completing tier 2.
* Theme Park Tycoon : The clown now despawns and respawns as intended.
* Gravity : Winter's Plans can no longer be deleted from your inventory.
* The Black House : Did some fixes to ensure that Carrie Killian's ashes should now respawn correctly.

The Shadowy Forest
* The Architect has had some tweaking done to his encounter, to make it slightly less difficult.
* Tenebrae should no longer be using placeholder abilities.

The Scorched Desert
* High Cost of Dying : Corrupted Water Guardian is now easier to kill.
* Nathifa is now less difficult to kill.
* Caahs the Soul Spawn now has a spawn animation.
* The Big Terrible Picture : Both the flames and crystals puzzles should now reset correctly.
* Between a Rock and a Hard Place : Fixed an issue which made the mission not completeable in tier 2.

TRADEPOST/BANK/MAIL
* The Cabal Bank tab is now only displayed after closing and re-opening the GUI if the cabal is created when the tradepost GUI is opened.
* Fixed error on dragging items between different pages in the bank.
* Players will now receive an onscreen message when the Send button does not work.
* Click and drag has been disabled on items that are for sale.
* Right-click popups in the tradepost gui are now contained within the right side or bottom of your screen.
* You can no longer walk away from the bankers while the delete confirmation popup is onscreen.
* The right click menu on bank now has a subtle background.
* The mail notification icon now quickly blinks 5 times when new mail is received.
* Pressing ESC now closes the delete mail dialog.
* When deleting an item from the Cabal bank, the dialog message now references the cabal bank instead of the inventory.
* Pressing ESC closes the Sell Item window.
* Player can now press ENTER to confirm the delete mail action when the popup is up.
* The unread mail icon now is cleared when all mail is read.
* Search results are no longer cleared if the player's search fails.
* Buyer/seller name is not shown to other players who have bought something from the tradepost, and the reply button on that message is disabled.
* The Buy button is disabled for your own item.
* You can no longer move the tradepost ui fully offscreen.
* Fixed an issue where it was not possible to use up/down arrows after deleting cash in a mail.
* Compose Mail is now the top window when clicking the compose window button.
* Clicking on an unread mail will now highlight it.
* Take all attachments now greys out when taking items.
* The sort function for attachments and date are now working.
* Sorting mail now ignores lowercase/uppercase.
* The Expand Size Limit button now greys out and can no longer be used when the player upgrade his/her bank to the maximum size.
* The "To:" field on mail now includes an option to send to a friend or cabal member on your friends list.
* You can now only send 6 attachments on your mail.

arimanius

Finally got my noob Templar recreated on Cerberus. Went shotgun/hammer this go around. OMG the shotgun rocks. Out for a Kill is just so much fun. Shotgun blast to the face. BOOM.

derFeef

Are we sure this is todays update? I am not sure since it says server update.
Anyway:

Further changes have been made through the various camps of Blue Mountain. Mob density, tricky pulls, and safe zones were the focus of these changes. The zones addressed were:
-Southern Beach
-Skull Island Draugs
-Mansion's Surroundings
-Haunted Forest
-Northern Ak'Ab camp
-Western Beach
-Orochi Camp Zombies
-Pumpkin Patches

Nice.
edit: okay it is this update ;)

Effect

Do any of the npcs in Kingsmouth show up other areas of the game continuing storylines? Spoiler cover yes or not would be fine. Thanks

TheExodu5

Banned
Assault Rifles kind of seem to suck for healing. Needing to be in line of sight of your enemy to heal, especially in fights with a lot of kiting, can be a pain.

Man

Was just looking through my screenshot folder and found this one.

secret_quest-1.jpg

TimeKillr

Assault Rifles kind of seem to suck for healing. Needing to be in line of sight of your enemy to heal, especially in fights with a lot of kiting, can be a pain.

You typically are in LoS with the enemy + the tank, so it's not that much of an issue. You just need to be a bit more mobile, which isn't a bad thing in this game.

You're in the same type of position with Fists, afaik - you need to damage to put HoTs on your defensive target. The only healing spec which isn't like that is Blood, but you absolutely cannot solo with Blood.

I love AR because I can easily heal dungeons and it's braindead easy to solo with it - I can healtank up to 5 mobs at once without being in any sort of danger...

You *do* need Blood as a secondary with AR or Fists healing, though, simply for those moments when there's nobody to attack.

erragal

Fist heals do not require an offensive target to use, they work identically to blood in terms of targeting. AR's biggest weakness is between phase healing with no enemies to build resources. With fists or blood you can go pistols secondary to get more versatility while still adding some powerful healing options.

What AR does have is outbreak alert which is one of the single most powerful buffs in the game and trivializes anything with high glance.

I hope they fixed the bugged quests in Savage Coast. These are the updates that stand out to me:

• Cassandra King now looks younger and more attractive!
  • The speed and animation for walking backwards has been slightly increased.
  • Fixed an issue where auto run was being interrupted randomly.
  • The Secret World now has new desktop icons.

I always found it annoying how slowly you move when walking backwards. I hope this applies while in combat because it would be a huge improvement in mobility.

If you're looking for the new icon and have a shortcut to the patcher client on your desktop instead of the main client, just right click on the patcher icon and find the executable for The Secret World main client. I think the second icon is the one with the correct dimensions. Much better!

kurahador

Hey hey...I'm an AR healer. It's kinda tough in the beginning, but once you unlock the latter skills (passive leech healing) it does become easier in dungeon.

Yep, healing is not easy in this game at the beginning. Once you start unlocking the outer rings, it gets a lot better. Even then, I would say that group healing is pretty challenging compared to other MMOs.

There were two bugs regarding chat, which one do you still get?

The same one I've been having for the past week, where I log on and there's no chat activity and no way to subscribe to other channels. I thought that was the chat bug that everyone was experiencing. lol

derFeef

We need more Secret World GAF! :(

Fixed? ;) But yeah.

The same one I've been having for the past week, where I log on and there's no chat activity and no way to subscribe to other channels. I thought that was the chat bug that everyone was experiencing. lol

Losing chat functionality was fixed during a servside hotfix, what is still present (dunno after todays patch) is that opened tabs like group or cabal do not work anymore and you have to re-open the tabs to make them work again after relog.

Def. write a bug report if you are having worse problems.

owlbeak

Well that should have been fixed in last week's patch. Ctrl+B and report it.

The other chat bug was where it unsubscribes you from channels after you switch zones/instances, which should be fixed with today's patch.

Top Bottom